My Plan to Screw the Rangers

CMONPETEYD

I believe i saw a report saying that only Marcel Hossa and Sean Avery filed for Arbitration.

If I were the Edmonton Oilers, I'd offer Lundqvist that same 7 yr 50 mill deal. If the Rangers match, then they can't sign ANYONE else without it throwing them over the cap. They will think twice about signing 2 7 + million dollar players next time around.

Sather still has a good relationship with the EDM franchise, I read, so that is why we won't be seeing that.

Edit: Also, I doubt Lundqvist would sign a deal like that because the Rangers would probably match and then have to trade off some portion of the team. I'm guessing Lundqvist would rather make a good salary of 4 or 5 million a season and have a better team in front of him.

Edited by Devils731

Thats garbage..... Isn't there another team out there that needs a goalie. How about the Crapitals!!

ALso because the Rangers are taking Lundy to Arbitration, no one can throw an offer sheet his way anymore. Also Henrick has stated that he wouldnt sign one anyway.

I have not seen any report of the Rangers taking him to Arbitration. please send the link

Brooks speculated that the main reason the Oilers didn't try this is because Lowe and Sather are friends.

But...but...I thought Lowe was signing Vanek for business reasons...and now he would never do the same to $ather because he is a friend of his?

I thought Lowe said "i was just playing by the rules" if that is the case Lowe, why would he$itate to do this to Sather if you are JUST 'playing by the rules?"

This post on the blog I thought was hilarious...

From a fellow Randolph,NJ NY Rangers fan, this is great news. However, they should have signed the King before the Drury and Gomez bag. It would have alleviated the onslaught of stress that Rangers fans have experienced recently.

What $tre$$ is that? Taking top players away from Buffalo and New Jersey??? You want stress, try being a Sabres fan for 25 years, or a Loafs fan, a Hawks fan etc...lol @ onslaught of stress LMAO!!!!

exactly. One Rags-fan friend that I have who has been soooo excited to have Gomez on his team was shocked when I told him that his team is paying 10-million next year to a guy who scored 13 goals this season !

his response was that the Devs-system was holding Gomez back.

I then reminded him that in 7 NHL seasons Gomez has only had one where he was a PPG player.

The furrowed brow on my friends face said it all...

OK...I understand the Rags filing for arbitration for Lundqvist so they stand a chance of holding on to him for this year. My confusion lies with the fact that they are going to be continued to be screwed because of the very long and hefty contracts they gave Drury and Gomez. Whether they negotiate a contract now or January, Lundqvist is still going to want to get paid.....and if it is any longer than a 2-year contract they negotiate, Lundqvist is going to want something more than Ward and Miller have. Surely that means that the Rangers roster is going to be full of relative no-names for the next...oh, 7 years, to compensate for the 3 pricey contracts. If the cap doesn't contiue to go up, they'll be screwed big time.

OK...I understand the Rags filing for arbitration for Lundqvist so they stand a chance of holding on to him for this year. My confusion lies with the fact that they are going to be continued to be screwed because of the very long and hefty contracts they gave Drury and Gomez. Whether they negotiate a contract now or January, Lundqvist is still going to want to get paid.....and if it is any longer than a 2-year contract they negotiate, Lundqvist is going to want something more than Ward and Miller have. Surely that means that the Rangers roster is going to be full of relative no-names for the next...oh, 7 years, to compensate for the 3 pricey contracts. If the cap doesn't contiue to go up, they'll be screwed big time.

the Rangers have a lot of good young talent coming up. With Girardi, Staal, Dubinsky, Korpikoski (sp), Immonen, Callahan, and Dawes, that's 7 possible cheap contracts on the horizon (or already on the NHL team). Some of these guys won't be NHLers, but these two contracts will not string up the Rangers - they will find some sucker to take Petr Prucha, Paul Mara will be gone after this season, Shanahan will retire, Martin Straka might retire, etc. Going forward the Rangers don't really have that significant a problem. The real problem will be if they sign Souray.

The Rangers will be ok until Jagr's contract ends, IMO. Right now Jagr has an unbelievably cap friendly contract so the Rangers have one of the top players in the league for a small cap number. When Jagr's contract is up they won't be able to replace him with anyone near Jagr's caliber for the same amount of money.

Quite true D731....I hadn't realised Jagr only had 2 years left. That could be a very large problem.....would they be willing to kiss goodbye to their captain?

I don't think moving Jagr before the 2 years is up would help much. I think the Rangers just have to enjoy the 2 years of the cap friendly number and try as best they can to cope once it's over.

Rangers offered Lundquist arbitration - most likely to protect themselves from a mega offersheet. 7m for Hank right now would have killed the Rangers.

With the Rangers now being in range to take a shot for all the marbles they need to do it - quite frankly this is their best year.

Jagr is still a top player with a cap number just south of 5M - a few years from now neither of those things will be true. By using arbitration they can still control Lundquist's salary to a very low cap-friendly number.

Shanny will be on the team (odds are this will be his final season) and most likely will take a cap friendly deal (money, then something in bonuses).

As for Hossa...the guy made 600K ish and is coming off back-to-back 10, yes TEN goal seasons. If he gets a million something is really wrong with this league. That guy should take his qualifier, kick back every penny (and then some) to Renney in order to play on Jagr's line.

As for Hossa...the guy made 600K ish and is coming off back-to-back 10, yes TEN goal seasons. If he gets a million something is really wrong with this league. That guy should take his qualifier, kick back every penny (and then some) to Renney in order to play on Jagr's line.

Gomez had 13 goals last year and made 7.35 million

This post on the blog I thought was hilarious...

From a fellow Randolph,NJ NY Rangers fan, this is great news. However, they should have signed the King before the Drury and Gomez bag. It would have alleviated the onslaught of stress that Rangers fans have experienced recently.

What $tre$$ is that? Taking top players away from Buffalo and New Jersey??? You want stress, try being a Sabres fan for 25 years, or a Loafs fan, a Hawks fan etc...lol @ onslaught of stress LMAO!!!!

Holy sh!t I know the idiot that wrote that. He is an annoying fvcking kid I went to high school with. He's a fake hockey fan.

Edited by jkrdevil

Ive heard things about Shanahan becoming a Maple Leaf or going to Montreal.

Gainey is not interested in Shanahan..He said it during a report on Sports 30.

As for the Leafs...Well they signed Blake.Right now.they need more of a center than a Left wing..