12. U-Dog -----------------

not my call my friends :P

Edited by Masked Fan

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well see this can go two ways

if the guy on the clock stays and takes #3, yeah then we can draft AND I can pick my slot...

but if he defers to like #5 (or lower), then it's all up to me :evil:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh. I see where yer going with that one.

Let the record show that at 1:27pm on Tuesday, August 21, CRASHER has started the first controversy of the draft.
Edited by Masked Fan

Please.. this is the FOURTH one I've started :P

1. Not going to 14 teams

2. Kicking Laflamme out cause he's poor

3. the whole draft order thing (I do like the idea)

4. me just being my normal but bored pain in the ass as I sit here and watch 260,000 files be moved from an email queue!

I have to admit I'm kinda surprised at the two choices to move down a little in the draft... didn't see THAT coming... guess no one wants Grand-Ma-Ma eh ?? :P

I'm glad I chose that option to let you change your pick.. it's added some intrigue early here!

Did Grand-Ma-Ma even sign yet? He hasn't been in camp.

By the way Crasher, nice draft tracking thread.

Did Grand-Ma-Ma even sign yet? He hasn't been in camp.

By the way Crasher, nice draft tracking thread.

He signed like a week ago.. before I went to Gen Con... so he's gonna be there for day one to get his 650 touches :blink:

thank you... I do try to make this run kinda smooth, but it would not be NJDevs if it wasn't a drama fest :P

NYGDevils32 is his AOL name. I never touch the stuff, so AOL away at him.

I just emailed him, but the board PM stuff aint workin right now.

Wait wait wait.....Crasher went to Gen Con?!?!? HAHAHAHAHA!! Your privilege to talk smack about me picking Bledsoe first round last year has been revoked.....unless you want me to go on and on....and on about at least I'm not the one dressing up as a warlock in my parent's basement :D

Wait wait wait.....Crasher went to Gen Con?!?!? HAHAHAHAHA!! Your privilege to talk smack about me picking Bledsoe first round last year has been revoked.....unless you want me to go on and on....and on about at least I'm not the one dressing up as a warlock in my parent's basement :D

Yep... I have no issues or merits of shame of going to Gen Con... for Christ's Sake I played a Chris Benoit choke you out deck :P

Though I do admit you DO get a kick out of the LARPers... the real scary one was the dude who dressed up like Billy Gunn from the Billy and Chuck days :blink::wacko:

We should just switch to a live draft already, this is getting silly. A day and a half into the draft and we have two picks done. Just have everyone pick their draft spot and run a live draft some night next week, there is just not enough time anymore for an offline draft, unless you want to skip the first two weeks of the season :P

Edited by Hasan4978

We should just switch to a live draft already, this is getting silly. A day and a half into the draft and we have two picks done. Just have everyone pick their draft spot and run a live draft some night next week, there is just not enough time anymore for an offline draft, unless you want to skip the first two weeks of the season :P

I agree... this has always been a mess... but Im down with whatever Crasher picks

We get the draft done JUST FINE when we do it online... there's no need to rush it... there's what 3 weeks until the season??

Not a big deal... we go through this EVERY year... it will be just fine... well once the next guy makes his choice we'll be rolling

but I guess we give him what 24 hours and we insert the next sucker... GM??

We get the draft done JUST FINE when we do it online... there's no need to rush it... there's what 3 weeks until the season??

Not a big deal... we go through this EVERY year... it will be just fine... well once the next guy makes his choice we'll be rolling

I say if this guy does not get back to us by tomorrow by Noon we need to proceed...I agree...we do have three weeks...but all the owners who have a team have to know it is time to check this board from time to time during the day.

Two weeks as of tomorrow, the season starts with that dopey Thursday opener on September 6. I wasn't in the league last year but I don't think you cut it this close with the start time, I could bother to look it up.

But this is one of the reasons why I'll never run an offline draft, there's always, always one or two people that hold up the proceedings to the nth degree. Plus it's almost too easy to do an offline draft anyway. The live draft is more challenging although it'd be nice if you got more than 90 seconds per pick otoh. And some people don't make the live draft, that's the only real downer to that.

EDIT: Well can't find your draft thread but according to the league thread you finished your draft by August 28, I don't think that's going to happen this year :P

Edited by Hasan4978

Travis, consider yourself on alert... start thinking what you'd do with the #3 choice (choose to draft 3rd... or move down)

Has, well the board upgrade didn't help :P

and it's not like the people in the league didn't know this a month ago since we've been talking about this getting going for some time now... it gets going once people start picking... it's just a pain to get people around at the same time... I highly doubt we could get all the troops around for a 3-4 hour real time draft

(and I like the board style draft... it's different!)

On the one hand I feel for the guy because of the board issues, plus it is a bit of a pain in the butt to constantly check the forum but on the other hand he was around last night and even posted in the main forum. If he didn't bother to check the thread then that's his problem I guess.

What is the official time limit anyway, I thought twelve hours?

On the one hand I feel for the guy because of the board issues, plus it is a bit of a pain in the butt to constantly check the forum but on the other hand he was around last night and even posted in the main forum. If he didn't bother to check the thread then that's his problem I guess.

What is the official time limit anyway, I thought twelve hours?

he was on and around last night enough to look at 4 other topics and I think even posted in another thread,

once or twice a day for a few weeks is NOT that much to ask for... especially since most of us do this while at work... keeps things going

and I sent him a comment to his profile since PM's were down last night....

yeah the official time IS 12 hours but I am giving him slack based on the board issues and us getting out of the gate here

Yeah, the board update hurt the flow, but I really think Crasher likes this format because of the turmoil.

The dude thrives on it.

BTW, this site still aint workin right for me. Unable to quote, couldn't use the buttons up top, get thrown to a different part of the page when I click something....

I'm cool with booting anyone who doesn't show but how does a replacement jump in and get the number three spot when everyone else who's been waiting here patiently has to continue to wait....I'm going to flipping draft last for the second year in a row when I've only been doing this 2 years :D And I'm even on here in enough time to check this thread even if I have work...I would think the original owner would get the boot to last pick and everyone else would move up one spot then a replacement would take his spot at that time....at least that would seem a bit more fair since technically we aren't even drafting yet but rather picking our drafting spot....

however if we do let the new guy slide in then I quit but because of seniority rejoin taking the #3 spot and TZ can take my spot :D hehe

Edited by UnderDogX