NJDevs' FHL Season #5 Thread

NJDevs4978

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Problem is centers have deflated value in trades and goalies have inflated value, plus the team that traded Richards also has Getzlaf, Ribero and Horcoff at C all having pretty good years so he didn't really need Richards and he had no other goalies to speak of at the moment (Fleury's on IR).

And Kolzig's record has been pretty good lately although every other stat's terrible, I woulda tried to trade for Lehtonen over Kolzig personally although I'm not a big fan of his either.

Edited by Hasan4978

Problem is centers have deflated value in trades and goalies have inflated value, plus the team that traded Richards also has Getzlaf, Ribero and Horcoff at C all having pretty good years so he didn't really need Richards and he had no other goalies to speak of at the moment (Fleury's on IR).

And Kolzig's record has been pretty good lately although every other stat's terrible, I woulda tried to trade for Lehtonen over Kolzig personally although I'm not a big fan of his either.

Kolzig has been playing good lately???? Are you watching old NHL Network games? Kolzig is averaging about 5 GAA the past three games and was yanked in one of those games.

While Centers for the most part are the least valuable because there are so bloody many of them. I am not sure what the thinking was, I know good goalies are a premium, but Kolzig is NOT a good goalie anymore.

With Johnson healthy again Kolzig will not even be a starting goalie anymore, so he was probably worth MAYBE Horcoff, but Richards is far too much for an average goalie.

I'm aware of how bad he's playing Manta, I said his record was good lately meaning W-L...Kolzig's 7-1 in his last 10 starts.

And Horcoff has 49 points with a +4, Richards has 40 points and a -23.

My bad, I don't pay attention to Edmonton, nor Tampa for that matter.

Who cares about W-L if you damage all your other stats? Washington is winning in spite of Kolzig and the new coach isn't a Kolzig fan either and was waiting for Johnson to come back.

Haha what the hell, there's nothing else particularly enticing on the wire at this point on D and he'll be on a short leash ;)

But anyone that has a game like that deserves at least a looksee even if his name is John Oduya. So long as my big three stay healthy I only need to play my other D occasionally anyway.

Besides my team isn't going to do anything regardless if Nabokov keeps giving up four a game the way he has since he finally got a rest last weekend :P

Edited by Hasan4978

Haha what the hell, there's nothing else particularly enticing on the wire at this point on D and he'll be on a short leash ;)

But anyone that has a game like that deserves at least a looksee even if his name is John Oduya. So long as my big three stay healthy I only need to play my other D occasionally anyway.

Besides my team isn't going to do anything regardless if Nabokov keeps giving up four a game the way he has since he finally got a rest last weekend :P

Did you hit the wrong button halfshark? I don't exactly think you'd be tanking while in second place but I don't see the logic of trading your top LW'er for a guy who used to be great but is pretty irrelevant at this point and should be nothing more than your third RW'er.

Edited by Hasan4978

• 2 weeks later...

Your team is pretty good, but you (and a few others) are way over your game limits at a position or two. It amazes me that some of you still forget there are game limits when we've played with them every year :P

It is funny how much more parity there suddenly is since Swede lost Crosby. Of course my offense is still too pitiful to really make a run (even after Selanne gets off his rump and starts playing) but hopefully I'm back in the top five before the year's over.

I'm confident with Sundin in my lineup, I can cut back on my overuse of centers while bumping up my faceoff wins.

I'm under played in defense and goal... Miller and Lehtonen are both getting better and I can benefit by playing both without worry of the max, while later picking up d-men with PIMs.

Your team is pretty good, but you (and a few others) are way over your game limits at a position or two. It amazes me that some of you still forget there are game limits when we've played with them every year :P

It is funny how much more parity there suddenly is since Swede lost Crosby. Of course my offense is still too pitiful to really make a run (even after Selanne gets off his rump and starts playing) but hopefully I'm back in the top five before the year's over.

I'm aware of how bad he's playing Manta, I said his record was good lately meaning W-L...Kolzig's 7-1 in his last 10 starts.

And Horcoff has 49 points with a +4, Richards has 40 points and a -23.

I think I'm quite happy settling for Richards instead of reaching for Horcoff.

Knock on wood my team stays healthy.