5 of 6 Canadian teams inquire about Forsberg

insanity_gallops

Bingo.

Seriously, this is such a non-story. Like Ottawa using Forsberg as a distraction from the fact that it didn't improve during the off-season earlier this summer.

He'll play in either Denver or Philly or, in a longer shot, Detroit.

<JESTER>

Agreed 100%. Look for him to return to the Avs or Failures.

Why would ANYONE waste their time on a part-time, injury plagued, multi-million dollar former great player? He is a waste of roster/cap space.

He did nothing for the Av's, Flyers or Nashville in the past decade. I would rather develop a younger, hungrier player that to waste roster space for the 12 games he will play this season.

Why would ANYONE waste their time on a part-time, injury plagued, multi-million dollar former great player? He is a waste of roster/cap space.

He did nothing for the Av's, Flyers or Nashville in the past decade. I would rather develop a younger, hungrier player that to waste roster space for the 12 games he will play this season.

I agree the guy is a great talent...I looked up his stats when this discussion started and I had no idea what an assist guy he is....106 points in 02-03...wow!!

My concern is this...he's been an injury plagued mess since 2005! If a team is willing to take a chance on him staying healthy, he would be worth 2 to 3 mil for 1 year...but that team is taking a big chance. If he gets rammed into the boards the wrong way, it's over Johnny....it's OVER!

Look at it from a perspective of a GM. Signing Forsberg to a 1 year deal at this point in the offseason is a low risk gamble. If he ends up getting hurt and can't play the worse case scenario is you have to end up putting the team you originally expected to have on the ice. Now if Forsberg plays you have one of the best players in the game. Now if you are up against the cap, expect him to be the centerpiece of the team, or sign him to a multiyear deal it's a bad move. However I don't think at this point in the off-season any contending team would need him a center piece player so thus if a team has cap room they should give him a call.

yeah he did nothing for those teams.

i would sit him out for half the year if i had the cap space. he is a phenomenal talent who can play terrific hockey on one leg.

Brilliant strategy! No one would ever think of that....oh wait, that exactly what Nashville did. That one legged thing didn't work out too well.

He was a great talent......10 years ago.

Look at it from a perspective of a GM. Signing Forsberg to a 1 year deal at this point in the offseason is a low risk gamble. If he ends up getting hurt and can't play the worse case scenario is you have to end up putting the team you originally expected to have on the ice. Now if Forsberg plays you have one of the best players in the game. Now if you are up against the cap, expect him to be the centerpiece of the team, or sign him to a multiyear deal it's a bad move. However I don't think at this point in the off-season any contending team would need him a center piece player so thus if a team has cap room they should give him a call.

In the same time you've deluded yourself into thinking this "low risk" gamble you've wasted roster space and not allowed healthy younger talent to develop.

Forsberg is a tease.

if you don't have healthy younger talent to develop, signing forsberg makes even more sense - it already makes sense now. low risk, high reward.

forsberg played well for nashville in the playoffs - the rest of the team aside from radulov stunk.

he's a gamer. he dominates the playoffs. i'd love for new jersey to sign him, but it'd never happen.

Forsberg is still great when healthy, for any team that has cap space they aren't using and thinks they're cup contenders he is a really good pickup. Lets look at the Devils, are the Devils better with Mike Rupp in or better with the chance of Frosberg playing and settling for Rupp if Forsberg gets hurt?

Forsberg is still great when healthy, for any team that has cap space they aren't using and thinks they're cup contenders he is a really good pickup. Lets look at the Devils, are the Devils better with Mike Rupp in or better with the chance of Frosberg playing and settling for Rupp if Forsberg gets hurt?

Zajac will get more ice time if Forsberg is around. You can't have it both ways - you're saying that Forsberg holds back younger players and that he's always injured. Which is it?

Fact is, it's not either of those things. He's played 117 out of his teams' 164 games the past two years, plus all their playoff games.

And who cares about the money? The Devils aren't going to spend it on anything else.