How is everyone doing

stevestevens

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, i was playing roller hockey at a roller hockey rink by my house and it was just the normal 10 kids, aged 17-19 then these 2 new guys come they were about 20-21 and they wanted in, so we did it and said no hard checks because we dont want anyone hurt. They do it, not once, twice but three times to the smaller kids and were warned and the game was stopped each time. The fourth time the kid fell down hard and i just about had it. It was just pure pleasure to knock that kid down via Colin White style, the guy was about 5'9 and im about 6'2 and needless to say he stopped hitting down everyone. I hate big shots.

RD: Glad to hear nothing is too serious with the elbow. Sorry to hear you have to go through an EMG :( Good luck & I hope everything turns out to be okay.

I stupidly mentioned to my mom the other day about how the top of my left foot is sort of discolored. I noticed this awhile ago, but thought it would just go away figuring it was a bruise or something. A couple of months ago I noticed it seemed more discolored--sort of a light blue/purple/green/gray mixture going on. This is the same foot a sprained ..wow.. coming up on two years now during a drunken night at college. My mom is making a big deal about going to get it checked out, but I don't think it's really that big of a deal. It doesn't hurt or anything. I don't think it's related to the sprain---but my mom is nervous thinking something has to be wrong with it. Perhaps it wasn't just a sprain two years ago, but honestly, could that be why my foot is weirdly colored? Yale New Haven hospital sent me my x-rays on a CD so I have them to take with me if I do wind up going to the Dr. Just ... really...what am I going to say, "Oh hey so my foot is discolored and it's been like that for a few months...I just ignored it... it could be related to a sprain that happened TWO years ago." :rolleyes:

Edited by LA03

Had my EMG today. Wasn't nearly as bad as the one on my leg, but this one left me a lot more sore. It was nice to get the results right away -- everything was normal except for the ulnar nerve. Doc said the response time for the ulnar nerve was pretty slow, which indicates compression/entrapment. He said there was some weakness and swelling, too. I have a follow up appointment with the ortho on Thursday to discuss the results further...hopefully it's not too bad :saddevil:

RD,

hopefully you can use the Lemon Law to your benefit and get rebuilt.

stronger, faster, better.

LA03,

get that Mr Deeds foot looked at before it's black and yer like, "meh what am I supposed to do, go into the doctor and say yeah, it's been turning darker and darker for a few years now. You think there's something wrong?"

LA03,

get that Mr Deeds foot looked at before it's black and yer like, "meh what am I supposed to do, go into the doctor and say yeah, it's been turning darker and darker for a few years now. You think there's something wrong?"

Hah, a Mr. Deeds foot! Nice one Mr. Masked. Just think though, she'd be able to ram a stoker into her foot and not feel a thing! Talk about a conversation starter! :evil:

today hasnt been good. a good friend needs money in college before he goes broke and in debt to the school so he signed up for the army to avoid debt.

I'm sorry to hear that. I mean its great if he wants to join the Army, but it sounds like he is doing it for all the wrong reasons. I can understand what he going through to a degree. After a very bad incident with my family, I am now separated and on my own at the age of 19. It sucks though because it is hard to declare independent and I still can't get financial aid because of it. Pretty much I paid for my own school this year by blowing my bank account down to nothing, and by using a couple of credit cards that are nearly maxed out all the time. Plus every time I do get a paycheck it just goes to paying off the debt and I never see any of it. Luckily I don't have to pay for a place to live, which makes all the difference in the world. (Live with my girlfriend's family now)

Best of luck to your friend. Hopefully it all works out for him.

today hasnt been good. a good friend needs money in college before he goes broke and in debt to the school so he signed up for the army to avoid debt.

I hope things work out well for your friend. On the plus side, the Army opens up a lot of career doors for people and that might prove useful for him.

Congrats LA....hope it goes well for ya, and hey some retail therapy can't hurt. Would ya parents be willing to kick in for the outfit....afterall, it will be helping ya to get a job ;) !

Thanks! :) Interview is scheduled for tuesday. I'm a little nervous, but also excited. My mom said she'd pay for some of the outfit so that's a pretty good deal. Now I just have to go find something...

Also, I'm supposed to bring in some writing samples from my internship & from school. I can make copies of some stuff, but not of some of the other things---do you guys think they're going to ask to keep some of my writing samples? I'm not sure how this works--this being my first non-internship interview.

Today was an okay day..Though ....I got in this mind for weeks,months.

What do you have to do, when your best friend (I know him since we're 5years) has changed so much, that you can't stand him anymore? He's always like: "DUDE WHERE'S MY CAR"? Or when we chat on msn, its gotten to:

"DUDE, I FART IN MY PANTS"

"XD"

"ALCOOLIQUE"

"XD"

Not only that, but he always wants to be right, no others opinions counts.

Should I tell him the truth? Or just stop talking to him?*(I'M doing this atm, I'm trying to cut off the bridges.)