How is everyone doing

stevestevens

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guys... look on the bright side... we could wake up each morning... and look... and go... hey we're not Lancer!! :boogie: :boogie: :thumbsup:

The bright side is you DO wake up each morning ....well early afternoons sometime.

okay so today, sunday, means for me :

-watching the redsox

-watching the giants (probably lose)

-listening to the new circa survive cd

-studying for my british history test

-ignoring all of my exes away messages which are directed at me.

anyone, feel free to i.m. me and join me on this glorious day. dmb41liog distract me...

Nobody care about my previous message where I put all my fear...

But you have to know that I survive my vacation in Egyptia ! I survive plane !

I did so... So I see... I'm NOBODY to you :evilcry:

(this is a great self pity thread!!)

OK... so I'm trying to find a substitute for pickling salt...I'm in such this autumny fall harvest mood.. :wub: I love harvest time... but not like gionta does <_<

Hey! niiiice:

PICKLING WITHOUT SALT

People interested in reducing their sodium intake can use low-salt pickle recipes. You can make fresh-pack pickles without salt, but not fermented (brined) pickles or sauerkraut. Salt decreases the growth of some bacteria and molds. To make pickles safe, no-salt pickles should contain at least a 1:1 vinegar/water ratio, and each jar of pickles should contain at least one-fourth cup of vinegar per pint jar of pickles.

Hey! niiiice:

PICKLING WITHOUT SALT

People interested in reducing their sodium intake can use low-salt pickle recipes. You can make fresh-pack pickles without salt, but not fermented (brined) pickles or sauerkraut. Salt decreases the growth of some bacteria and molds. To make pickles safe, no-salt pickles should contain at least a 1:1 vinegar/water ratio, and each jar of pickles should contain at least one-fourth cup of vinegar per pint jar of pickles.

Awesome news for those with hypertension.

OK so I COULD bitch about these hunters who we asked kindly to stop hunting on our property... see we said no problem but this guy brought all his buddies and our nieghbor told us he'd take 5 - deer out opening week. andhe's even a muzzle loader guy so it's like forget it - he's always there. ANYHOW... so when he was first told last spring he sucked up and gave us a bunch of freezerburnt bird meat -- then he gave us some venison after we told him again this Summer. So then we asked him to get his stands out - all very nicely - so he did and told us he was hunting on much covetted neighbors property -- so who cares, great just not on ours -- we even said he could use our property to haul out some deer just no leaving deer guts around like he did last year -- <_<...

so my husband is training our pup this fall and we have blanks to shoot to make sure she's not gun shy. (It's bow season not shotgun yet) and SUNDAY morning this fvcker is up shooting in our yard - 5am mind - he was just being an a$$hole because he thought my husband was some dumb fvck ignroing hunting laws. My husband is hyper educated gentleman hunter - lifelong at that so it's not like he's a wannabe. I was so pissed. We let it be known to our neighbors (who we think tipped off hunting jerk) that we're shooting off blanks... it's just a trauma. Freaking yahoos are a trauma... and these are GROWN MEN in their 50s and stuff.... <_< Anyhow -- my brother-in-law is a bow hunter and our dogs are running around.. i eman it's 7 lousy acres why is this guy beiong such an a$$hole? Anyhow -- my husband is fine with it all because this is a picnic compared to Upstate on the families 80 acres I guess. <_< I'm not used to it... I'm used to my dad getting grumpy at school boys cutting across our backyard squishing the fence and stuff.

so was that a good trauma for this thread? :uni: I have more!! Let me know -- I can write down more -- I'm in that mood today!!

Edited by Pepperkorn

Uh Oh :P

I have nothing to add. Oh but I am possibly going to join a beginners hockey league.....it is just the getting all the equipment that is holding be back right now.....that and it is Schenectady.

Whatever you have to go through will be worth it. The greatest game on earth!

<hunting trauma>

So if I'm reading this correctly, you have people trespassing on your property who are breaking hunting laws. Sounds like a perfect time to get the police involved.

I have nothing to add. Oh but I am possibly going to join a beginners hockey league.....it is just the getting all the equipment that is holding be back right now.....that and it is Schenectady.

Schenectady is a good reason to hold anyone back from doing anything. *nods*

Maybe it's just me, but this is a cool thread...

I'm doing good! The dek team I currently play on is looking into some leagues...we are leaning towards ISCA in Wallington. I'm also trying to learn how to skate so I don't have to play on the aforementioned dek leagues...when I was growing up, goalies didn't need to skate to play roller hockey...how times have changed!

I'm also moving in my g/f of over a year...big step I know, but we work famously together and should be great roomies. The money savings alone makes it a smart idea. She doesn't mind my fanatical hockey watching, which was a huge situplation for me!

Things are looking up!

3*s - just do it. I was too lame to get equipment too -- I just got skates last year -- my husband is going to sell all his stuff... but he might play again... it's been like this for 4 years now... worse than Niedermayer <_< At least I just dont start!!

Rowdy -- no need to involve the police really. I bother them about speeders and downed power lines. Seriously you can't catch poachers - it's not worth setting up a sting operation and you can't prove anything without catching the red handed, you know? I was thinking nannycam kind of thing -- but it's not that serious :noclue:

Edited by Pepperkorn

Went to the doc today for my 'bow. Took an x-ray, which found no abnormalities around the elbow, which is nice. Completely unrelated though, I have a rather large piece of bone that sticks out in my forearm. Doc said it wasn't a problem or anything, just rather odd. Sweet.

Anyway, have to go get an EMG tomorrow. I friggen hate those things. Had one a couple years ago on my leg and back, it was torture. For those who don't know what EMGs are, it's a neurological test where a doctor puts electrodes on you and shocks the areas, then takes a needle, puts it in various spots and twists it to check the nerves. It's painful.

Alas, the doc gave me a splint to wear on the arm for now with a pad around the elbow, it's kind of annoying but I'm dealing with it. Have to go back when I get the results of the EMG, for now he's diagnosing it as cubital tunnel syndrome but wants to see how badly the nerve is compressed -- depending on the results, I might need surgery. :saddevil:

Le sigh.