Rival hockey league to raid the NHL

Diabolical

That guy has a lot of money and with the Euro blowing the US$ out of the water, he could probably find enough other people with enough money to get a league started, and could probably find enough European players who were interested in staying home. For fun, I could see it working with franchises in:

Moscow, Stockholm, Helsinki, Prague, Kladno, Slovakia (forget the name of their capital), Vienna. Other possibilities include Rome, London, Dublin, Paris, Madrid, maybe a city or two in Gemany, St Petersburgh. Would be interesting to see how well it work.

If its a Russia-only league, it will never match the NHL or be as successful.

If its a EURO league, it may have a good chance. I personally wouldnt mind.

So your solution to improve officiating is to get rid of the best officials in the world?

If there were better refs out there they would be in the NHL. Sometimes the NHL officials make bad calls, but there is nobody better, so we just have to deal with it. Hockey is a difficult sport to officiate and the changes/stricter enforcement stuff that has been implemented since the lockout has made it even more difficult.

How do you grow a sport when even replays seen in Toronto are clearly messed up ????????

I've been watching since '87 and its really just a game of special teams now, I understand missing calls but the unevenness of the penalties is totally disturbing, the new NHL is supposed to have parity among all the teams, but 20 minutes spent killing penalties by one team in a 60 minute game isnt exciting.

How do you grow a sport when even replays seen in Toronto are clearly messed up ????????

I've been watching since '87 and its really just a game of special teams now, I understand missing calls but the unevenness of the penalties is totally disturbing, the new NHL is supposed to have parity among all the teams, but 20 minutes spent killing penalties by one team in a 60 minute game isnt exciting.

Okay, so how would getting rid of all the current refs solve that problem? Like I said, if there were better refs out there, they would be in the NHL.

Edited by devilsfan26