Random Thoughts & Stuff

sammyk

I've not read the last three pages, but that's because of the beer tonight :P

But I have an interesting moral dilemma..... my beloved bartender is changing bars (ONLY for football Sundays....)

so do i go with the place I've watched football ever since I moved to Jersey... or do I follow the barkeep who makes it fun??? :wub:

I'm kinda torn on this one... I'm a BIG loyalty guy and this one splits it down the middle........

(and on a weird side note... I met and conversed with the owner of said Sun Tavern tonight... she wants me to meet her daughter :blink: )

Welp, I got up early today only to see my plans shot to hell. Waste of a perfectly good day off...

Since I'm not eating at that beach-front restaurant in Point Pleasant, what do I want for lunch now?

For that matter, since I'm not spending the day in Point Pleasant, what the hell do I want to do with my time now? I'm confused, this is my first free day without school OR work OR other plans since...since...January, maybe?

I don't much care for it.

Edited by thelastonealive

What bar is the bartender moving to?

It's just for football Sundays, and she's moving to suspenders in Union... it's nearby.... I am so morally torn on this one...

which one deserves the loyalty... the bar that's been good to me (all but in Cowboys wins and losses)... or the bartender that made it so?!?!?!

AAAHHHHHHHHH

This is such a pepperkorn thing :P

It's just for football Sundays, and she's moving to suspenders in Union... it's nearby.... I am so morally torn on this one...

which one deserves the loyalty... the bar that's been good to me (all but in Cowboys wins and losses)... or the bartender that made it so?!?!?!

AAAHHHHHHHHH

This is such a pepperkorn thing :P

You need to look deep inside your heart and wallet, and determine which component, the bar or the bartender, gives you more free booze. There, you will find the answer.

Suspenders is nice, but it doesn't strike me as a "you" kinda bar the way the Sun does.

that was... beautiful...

What was that movie with the dude who wanted to start the slow clap but always f'd it up by picking inappropriate times to start it?

I can fix it though!!

thinking.gif

gj clever smilie. me likey. :clap2:

(and on a weird side note... I met and conversed with the owner of said Sun Tavern tonight... she wants me to meet her daughter :blink: )

:o What ever happened to Miss Argentina?

I think you should try out the other bar until the Boys lose, then go back to the Sun, and so on and so on. Be streaky. :koolaid:

You need to look deep inside your heart and wallet, and determine which component, the bar or the bartender, gives you more free booze. There, you will find the answer.

Suspenders is nice, but it doesn't strike me as a "you" kinda bar the way the Sun does.

Yeah I know... I KNOW :rant: this is just sooo damn difficult :P

Understood, well I am going there tomorrow when she's working lunch shift to scout this out...

this is a MAJOR SERIOUS decision in my life here (and I am not joking)

What was that movie with the dude who wanted to start the slow clap but always f'd it up by picking inappropriate times to start it?

gj clever smilie. me likey. :clap2:

:o What ever happened to Miss Argentina?

I think you should try out the other bar until the Boys lose, then go back to the Sun, and so on and so on. Be streaky. :koolaid:

It's "not another teen movie" :P

I am thinking the same about the bar... we shall see after I run some recon!

What didn't happen?? :P

Short version, she pulled a Brent Sutter and quit weeks before the Visa came in mb30-like fashion (anyone now see why I get so angry at game 7 since this sh!t happened at the same time??) :rant:

Dammit Masked, you've just subjected us to another rant on quitters and hating everything South American! :rant:

Oh get over it!!!!!!

I have EVERY right to still be hostile!!!!

What the hell kind of weak excuse is that?

And why're you looking at colleges outside of the great state of New Jersey anyway? :rant:

Cause I'm as free as a bird now, and this bird you'll never change.

Nah, I just don't want to go to school in-state...I really want to go down south.

I'm applying to a whopping ZERO schools in New Jersey...and the Northeast for that matter. The colleges I'm applying to reside in North Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, Virginia, Wisconsin, Virginia, Virginia, and Wisconsin. So... yeah.

Cause I'm as free as a bird now, and this bird you'll never change.

Nah, I just don't want to go to school in-state...I really want to go down south.

I'm applying to a whopping ZERO schools in New Jersey...and the Northeast for that matter. The colleges I'm applying to reside in North Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, Virginia, Wisconsin, Virginia, Virginia, and Wisconsin. So... yeah.

Total number of hockey teams located within any of the states mentioned: 2. And neither are the Devils. You fail at college.

Why the desire to go south (or to Wisconsin)? What's your planned major, also?

Total number of hockey teams located within any of the states mentioned: 2. And neither are the Devils. You fail at college.

Why the desire to go south (or to Wisconsin)? What's your planned major, also?

Dunno why I want to go down there, I just love it. Spring is so much more...spring-ish. In March, its warm and trees are blooming, not 50 degrees plus wind chill. I love it down there, and I fell in love with Wake Forest and Vanderbilt.

Well in Milwaukee [which is where Marquette is, and the only school in Wisconsin I would willingly go to...U-Wisconsin is only like a double-secret back up plan] the Admirals are a good AHL team, so I could get my hockey fix there.

Plus, what with NHL Center Ice online or whatever they call it, I won't miss a game. So its cool. Plus, I'd be home often enough to go to like 1/4 of home games. Though if I go to Wake Forest (my #1), I would have to deal with Canes fans...

As for my major, I have no earthly idea. If I had to pick now I'd go with psychology, but nothing is set in stone.

Dunno why I want to go down there, I just love it. Spring is so much more...spring-ish. In March, its warm and trees are blooming, not 50 degrees plus wind chill. I love it down there, and I fell in love with Wake Forest and Vanderbilt.

Well in Milwaukee [which is where Marquette is, and the only school in Wisconsin I would willingly go to...U-Wisconsin is only like a double-secret back up plan] the Admirals are a good AHL team, so I could get my hockey fix there.

Plus, what with NHL Center Ice online or whatever they call it, I won't miss a game. So its cool. Plus, I'd be home often enough to go to like 1/4 of home games. Though if I go to Wake Forest (my #1), I would have to deal with Canes fans...

As for my major, I have no earthly idea. If I had to pick now I'd go with psychology, but nothing is set in stone.

Well at least you're not picking college based on location at the expense of your major, since you don't know what it is you want to major in anyway. So, fair enough.

I'd recommend my major (Media & Film/Broadcast Communications), but lord knows there won't be any jobs out there, so psych might be a safer bet.

It's too fvcking hot and humid down here.. The only hockey talk I've had is with a tourist from Ottowa.. I lay on the beach dreaming of cold ice and a season of hockey

Actually, Chuck Norris went to the Virgin Islands...so now they're just the Islands.

hahaha you the man RSC

:thumbsup:

anyone for a warmup tonight????

Alright, I REALLY need hockey now. 5 PM, Fords Park (I may be a few minutes late, I'm scheduled to leave work at 5, but I work two minutes up the road, so yeah).

How many people are we going to have? I'm trying to get a friend of mine to go but I haven't heard back yet.