Time to panic

hattrick

Yes actually, I did. There are 2 or 3 teams in this league that are substantially better than everyone else, and the rest of the teams are all about pretty even. I think the Devils have a very good chance to finish near the top of the conference and in the playoffs you never know what will happen. Sometimes half of the fun is believing that your team can win the cup, and it seems like you have lost that idea.

To me half the fun is watching the team grow. This isn't a hopeless team like those Rangers teams of the 90s - old and awful - but watching this squad grow into the Cup contender they will be next season is going to be very interesting and exciting, even if it's not all here this season.

Look right in Hattrick's signature... Good Is Not Good Where Better Is Expected.

Now no one is jumping off the bridge quite yet, but losing 2 in a row at home to mediocre at best teams isn't always the bright spot of the year.

Edited by hattrick

I think people seem to love it when the Devils are down. Maybe I am saying that because I live in "Flyers country" and the local media seems to love to trash the Devils. When we are doing well, it is a fluke or because we have Marty or whatever. When we are down, it is because we are getting what we deserve, or because Marty isn't as good as we think he is (or he is too old). Obviously, now we are hearing that the team has no one that can score. I think this team has the talent and we have some players who really have a fire in their bellies - and I think THAT will generate good hockey. Obviously, injuries are hurting us, but they are hurting every team right now. I hate to see fans writing off the team because of a couple of games with so much season to go. Yeah, I would like to watch them win too, but I can't give up. Historically, we seem to do better when people don't consider this team a real threat.

Go Devils!

To me half the fun is watching the team grow. This isn't a hopeless team like those Rangers teams of the 90s - old and awful - but watching this squad grow into the Cup contender they will be next season is going to be very interesting and exciting, even if it's not all here this season.
Edited by devils26