we are in deep trouble

akdev23

How bout you know the facts before you talk out of your ***?

First off, we signed Drury and Gomez for veteran leadership when Jagr, Straka, and Shanny leave.

Second, Prucha may be having a bad yr but he has scored 30 goals before, I wouldn't say Dawes is hyped up but he has potential and Dubinsky deserves to be hyped cause he been great this yr.

Nothing like Gomez for that veteran leadership? Tell me, how many Cups has Drury led a team to?..besides the little league world series.

Prucha is going to score 30 again, just like Gionta will score 48 again... yea hello.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing like Gomez for that veteran leadership? Tell me, how many Cups has Drury led a team to?..besides the little league world series.

Prucha is going to score 30 again, just like Gionta will score 48 again... yea hello.

Did you forget the 2001 Stanley Cup?

Tell me how a team performs with an all-rookie team and no veteran leadership? Tell me.

Did you forget the 2001 Stanley Cup?

Tell me how a team performs with an all-rookie team and no veteran leadership? Tell me.

Drury played great in 2001, but he was nowhere the "leader" of that team. Sakic, Roy, Forsberg, Borque, Foote, and Blake. Drury's in there but he was still really young.

And a team doesn't perform without vet leaders. But when has Gomez had to lead anything?. Shanny seems to be the veteran guy on the Rangers now keeping some sort of locker room accountability together.

Some things I've noticed over the last few weeks, and its probably nothing new, but I have not read the board much lately so I'm sorry if I ma rehashing old topics..

This team more than i can ever remember has become a team of interchangeable parts... There are no stars.. no player that can pickthis team up on its back and carry it through a round of playoffs, and i include marty in that. although I thin kMarty is great his days of carry this team on his back sre over..

We donot even have any players/ lines that scare other teams.

Is any team preparing for the Devs saying they need to stop Elias?? Parise?? Gionta??

Is any team saying they need to keeop their fowards away from amdden?/ White?? Martin??

I know LL loves to put the team before the star.. but its important to have great depth and a team attitude, as well as a player or 2 that can carry a squad....

There is NOTHING wrong with having some stars on this team...

Look at 2000, NJ had 2 lines that scared the hell out of everyone...

They had 2 dmen that scared the hell out of everyone..

And a Goalie that had frowards doubting themselves before games started...

none of that exists anymore...

No forwards that consitently wreak havoc in front of the net, no dmen that can carry the puck up the ice with consistentcy..

again.. we have a solid team of interchangeable parts... we will make the playoffs, but I have no confidence that we can win even a single round, without Broduer being unconscience...

Interchangeable parts do not win cups in today's NHL... you need at least 1 or 2 game changing players...

2000 was also one of the greatest teams ever assembled in hockey. If they could've kept Claude Lemieux and Vladimir Malakhov for a full season, I think that team seriously rivals the 80s Islanders, Oilers, or early 90s Penguins. Yeah, the star talent's not there, but that team was unreal deep and unbelievably talented. Brodeur, Stevens, Niedermayer as future HOF, Mogilny on the borderline, Elias, Gomez, and Rafalski are All-Star level players. Oh, and did I mention Bobby Holik, Jason Arnott, John Madden, Randy McKay, and Ken Daneyko?

No team will be that good again. The Devils had Patrik Elias, Petr Sykora, and Jason Arnott signed to contracts combined worth 3.5 million.

Edited by Triumph

So compare it to 2003..

There is no Stevens, neids, rafi on this team...

White was a #4 on that team... here is is #1 or 2!!!

there is no Gomer here.. not even close...

My point is this team has no personality, and expecting Marty to carry this team to another CUP is ridiculus...

Now sure where to get it, but this team needs a help...