Camera policy at the Rock

britoon

this is from prucenter.com

Don't know if it helps you or not though...

Can I bring my camera to the Prudential Center?

Small, non-professional still cameras may be brought into the Prudential Center. Please note that for certain events cameras may not be allowed into the arena. Video, audio, and professional camera and recording devices are prohibited. Fans may not reproduce any film, digital, video or audio recording for commercial purposes without the express written consent of the Prudential Center.

What the above means is that you can bring a camera that fits in your pocket and that's pretty much it. If you try to bring an SLR into the arena, they probably wont let you in. You may get away with the camera itself but I highly doubt you'll be able to bring a telephoto lens.

What the above means is that you can bring a camera that fits in your pocket and that's pretty much it. If you try to bring an SLR into the arena, they probably wont let you in. You may get away with the camera itself but I highly doubt you'll be able to bring a telephoto lens.

I brought my Sony H9 into the arena without it being checked (leads me to believe you could get a dSLR with a medium lens in if you are smart) and went to the upper deck to take some shots of the banners. One of the ushers tried to tell me (in a fairly nice way) that the camera was not allowed under arena policy because of the size of the lens. I told her that the policy is that only cameras with detachable lenses are off limits and she held me up while she asked a supervisor. Nice to know that I know the arena policy better than some employees. Moral of the story: officially the dSLR is not allowed but it all depends upon who you run into.

I saw someone with a DSLR at the Ranger game. The statement says "professional" camera. Professional means to me a top of the line Nikon or Canon with the big 300 mm lens you see on the sidelines at a football game. I brought my DSLR to CAA last year with no problem with a 50 -200 lens. I know you are thinking differant arena, but the guy who sat next to me brought his to one game. He had 75-300 zoom lens on it. They wouldn't let him in one gate so he went to another and got right in. I want to bring mine in and one of these games I'm going to chance it. Hope this helps in your decision making.

I got my Canon XTi DSLR with a medium telephoto lens (17-85mm) in last night. The security guy at the bag-check table said that as long as I didn't have a tripod or a video camera my camera was ok. On that same token, the ticket puncher guy at the Ice Bar said that I would have to remove my lens as a precaution or keep the camera in its bag. Needless to say I put it in the bag when I was in front of them, then promptly took it back out when I was at my seat. I took about a hundred pics last night without getting hassled by anyone.

It seems that there are mixed interpretations of the camera rule at the Rock.

• 1 year later...

I got my Canon XTi DSLR with a medium telephoto lens (17-85mm) in last night. The security guy at the bag-check table said that as long as I didn't have a tripod or a video camera my camera was ok. On that same token, the ticket puncher guy at the Ice Bar said that I would have to remove my lens as a precaution or keep the camera in its bag. Needless to say I put it in the bag when I was in front of them, then promptly took it back out when I was at my seat. I took about a hundred pics last night without getting hassled by anyone.

It seems that there are mixed interpretations of the camera rule at the Rock.

I just got a t1i, i wanted to take it in and get some video during warm ups.

Last season I brought my 5DMkII and 24-70L in once or twice. It depends on the security guy/lady you encounter. The guy that checked me said "you're good but don't tell anyone I let you in!". Seems they're pretty lax about it. For those who know, the 5D and 24-70L combo is not small by any means and is probably just as big as a Rebel with a tele (55-250/70-300). Didn't even bother to try my 70-200, as the thing sticks out like a sore thumb lol.

Last season I brought my 5DMkII and 24-70L in once or twice. It depends on the security guy/lady you encounter. The guy that checked me said "you're good but don't tell anyone I let you in!". Seems they're pretty lax about it. For those who know, the 5D and 24-70L combo is not small by any means and is probably just as big as a Rebel with a tele (55-250/70-300). Didn't even bother to try my 70-200, as the thing sticks out like a sore thumb lol.

wanna trade cameras

Cool, thanks. Seems to be worth a shot!