Game Night Production

HellOnICE

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh how I miss this goal horn/goal music tandem:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WP_HRvCTgyE&feature=related

I can accept that the goal song isn't coming back, although other teams are still using it. But that goal horn was the best...gave me goosebumps when the Devils would score.

Everything about it is superior...the Horn, the song, and the PA anouncement by Bob Arsena...impossible to hear that and not have a giant smile on your face.

It took me long enough to get over the song change, but I can understand the reasoning. Replacing the goal horn was completely unnecessary. And for those who say "who cares, it's just a goal horn"...it's something that you just won't ever understand...it takes away a memory and part of the live game experience.

From what I remember there were a few of them on the ice during a tv timeout to clean the creases, etc.

Lundqvist hit one girl's squeegee with his stick and the end of the squeegee jabbed her in the stomach... then another girl was skating past the Rangers bench and the oh-so classy Avery spit on her back (allegedly-they didn't have any video of this, but I wouldn't put it past him).

Lundqvist hit one girl's squeegee with his stick and the end of the squeegee jabbed her in the stomach... then another girl was skating past the Rangers bench and the oh-so classy Avery spit on her back (allegedly-they didn't have any video of this, but I wouldn't put it past him).

Can't believe I'm actually asking this, but anyone know the name of the Yanni track they used to play in the swamp before playoff games? I'm thinking of using it for a video project I'm working on.

Not sure the name, but, interesting story - worked with a few of Yanni's touring/side musicians the other day. They had told me that he and his publishing Co. is going crazy doing a full-on internet investigation nailing anyone who is using his stuff unlicenesed , espescially synch licenses. So be careful, cover yourself. If it's anything short of a school project your wide open for some potential trouble. :rolleyes:

Just to bring this back to life....The past few games I've noticed they've put up one of the 25 memorable moments before the pre-game skate and last night before the Sharks game they had "Last Night in the NHL" which was wonderful considering the Rangers meltdown and a preview of all the games in the NHL to be played. Both of those were just before the lights went down and the intro videos began. We ask, they listen. God I wish Vanderbeek would just get a screen name here and BS with us about things. I still don't put it past him.

Edited by skeeter

Just to bring this back to life....The past few games I've noticed they've put up one of the 25 memorable moments before the pre-game skate and last night before the Sharks game they had "Last Night in the NHL" which was wonderful considering the Rangers meltdown and a preview of all the games in the NHL to be played. Both of those were just before the lights went down and the intro videos began. We ask, they listen. God I wish Vanderbeek would just get a screen name here and BS with us about things. I still don't put it past him.

I was very impressed with the Last Night in the NHL thing and the preview of tonight's games deal. It made me think of this thread. I also loved the cheers for the Canadians/Rangers game, of course.

I was very impressed with the Last Night in the NHL thing and the preview of tonight's games deal. It made me think of this thread. I also loved the cheers for the Canadians/Rangers game, of course.

Just goes to show you, ask and ye shall receive... Personally, I hated the announcer on that last Night in the NHL thing. He sounded like that nasally Buffalo announcer. But overall, it's definitely better than 2 straight hours of Avril Lavigne's Greatest Hits...Organified!

I still think they should show NHL on the Fly from the NHL Network, or one of those Top 10 shows.

Here is a problem I have. After they score a goal and the goal song is played they show a little video of whoever scored the goal scoring a bunch of goals threw out the season. Now my problem is not with the clip but with the song that is played, it sorta goes DUNN DUNNN DUNNN DUNNNN DUNNNN etc. It KILLS the crowds excitement because you can't clap to it. They should keep the videos but just keep the goal song playing over those videos so everyone can clap along.

Edited by Satans Hockey

Here is a problem I have. After they score a goal and the goal song is played they show a little video of whoever scored the goal scoring a bunch of goals threw out the season. Now my problem is not with the clip but with the song that is played, it sorta goes DUNN DUNNN DUNNN DUNNNN DUNNNN etc. It KILLS the crowds excitement because you can't clap to it. They should keep the videos but just keep the goal song playing over those videos so everyone can clap along.