GDT: Carolina @ NEW JERSEY - 2/18/08 1 p.m

eaglejelly

Great game, just got back. I think Carolina might've finally showed up for it. Yeah, they had a lot of scrubs out there, but their good players weren't skating either. Throw in Grahame's bad play and it's another laugher.

I couldn't figure out why Asham got the extra two in the fight - or how no one noticed Wade Brookbank's little shove on Rupp while he was prone on the ice. Oh well.

Clarkson really cheats up ice with a big lead.

Nice games by Gionta, Zubrus, and Zajac.

I agreed with the scratching of Vishnevsky - seems like all his big hits lately have involved him bouncing off someone, not the other way around. Rachunek, I didn't agree with, but whatever - Brookbank played pretty well considering he hasn't been in a game in 2+ months. I don't think New Jersey is showcasing anything so much as ascertaining what they've got. Do they think Sheldon Brookbank can play adequately in a playoff game, or do they have to try to get a depth defender?

oh and I thought the ice was outstanding, at least for the first period. Way, way better than it's been in past games.

Edited by Triumph

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pissed they called a roughing on that. He would have had the Gordie Howe Hatrick

He also would have had a chance at watching the next game from the stands as well. League rules if you instigate a fight within 5 minutes from the end of the game, automatic fine and 1 game suspension. He might of caught a break :P

Edited by Baggy Spandex

He also would have had a chance at watching the next game from the stands as well. League rules if you instigate a fight within 5 minutes from the end of the game, automatic fine and 1 game suspension. He might of caught a break :P

That only if he gets a instigator penalty. If they would have just called it a fighting major it would be no problem.

What a great game played by the Devils today. The defense played very well and it was about time that Greene and Brookbank was in the line up and they both had assists on goals. :boogie: White is out and day to day with back spasms and we could see Vishnevski or Rachunek in for White. Sutter needs to keep the guys he had in today especially Brookbank and Greene who played very well and on the PP. Nice to destroy the Hurricanes three games in a row 4-1, 6-1 and now 5-1. :koolaid:

Devils now tied with Ottawa and Montreal for #1 overall in the conference and 2 points ahead of Pittsburgh for the division. The Devils like where they are now and hopefully they want to stay there and continue its winning ways at home over the Sharks on Wednesday night.