Caps are original...not

ClutchDevil30

http://capitals.nhl.com/index.html

Check out their "original" playoff idea. Pretty sure we had this going a week ago when they were on the outside looking in on the playoffs. Way to make sure no other team had the same slogan! Damn Caps. Gotta steal crap from us!

Edited by ClutchDevil30

Yeah, see? They're using all CAPITAL LETTERS. get it?

And they are rocking THE red, while the devils are calling for rocking YOUR red. See there?

It's TOTALLY different. I would bet the Caps WILL pass out red playoff shirts to boot. :noclue:

Yeah, see? They're using all CAPITAL LETTERS. get it?

And they are rocking THE red, while the devils are calling for rocking YOUR red. See there?

It's TOTALLY different. I would bet the Caps WILL pass out red playoff shirts to boot. :noclue:

Perhaps someone disagrees with me here, but I still think Washington jerseys looks better with the "Eagle" logo but that color scheme looks bad. As for the current or the late 80s style, the color scheme is great but the entire design seems too ordinary. Overall, nothing works for the Caps.

Just heard on the Devils postgame that Rock Youe Red T-shirts will be ON SALE tomorrow.

Oh well, I thought it would be a good PR gesture to hand em out to the crowd. Guess they may still.

Edited by Masked Fan

I guess if these t-shirts and hats are high quality it's okay to charge for them, but they are not going to get as many people wearing red to these games as they want unless they give some stuff away for free. Towels are mandatory, t-shirts would be nice.

Rock your Red t-sh!ts and hats were on sale today at the Devils/NYR game and the red t-shirts are $20 and the Red hats are $25 made by New Era. They were selling like crazy at the Devils Den and the little stands and shops around the Rock during the game. Saw a lot of fans buying them and they were sold out in some of the stands. The Red t-shirt looks pretty cool and the hats look cool too and has the "Devils Legion" on the back of the red hat. I am sure there will be more come Game 1 on Wednesday night at the Rock.

It would have been ice to hand them out for the playoffs as a SGA bt they rather sell them. Hopefully something Red will be handed out like hopefully a Red towel for Game 1.

Sorry to see you will be missing the games. We need the Devils support this playoff season and please I want to see RED jerseys and other RED shirts or whatever you have is RED. Time to put away the white jerseys or anything white for these playoffs. I am sure it will be easy enough to wear something RED! :evil:
Edited by nmigliore

This might not be the best idea with a first round series being against the Rangers.

As for stealing the Rock the Red idea: Who is to say they stole it.? They probably thing we stole it. And if anyone saw last night, the entire arena was all red already.

And it certainly wasn't our original idea either. The Raptors had the Sea of Red last year, and I am sure many others have had this before.

Edited by devilsrule33

i dont think theres going to be as many rangers fans as usual. this is a great idea to create a much better atmosphere than msg could dream of (judging by there prices id be suprised if i saw a jersey in that crowd)

i just hope we have towels. doesnt somebody here have an in with the organization that could pass on these details.

This might not be the best idea with a first round series being against the Rangers.

As for stealing the Rock the Red idea: TWho is to say they stole it. They porbbaly thing we stole it. And if anyone saw last night, the entire arena was all red already.

And it certainly wasn't our original idea either. The Raptors had the Sea of Red last year, and I am sure many others have had this before.

Edited by nmigliore

From what I've heard from my friend who works for the team, there will be towels... it's a tradition they would like to keep going... and everyone hates thundersticks. He wasn't sure about the color of the towels though.

Also, he said that he's heard the "Rock Your Red" thing going around the office for about a month - wasn't sure when it was officially approved, but knew it had been going on for a while.

The caps were pushing their campaign as a "Red-Out" until a few days ago... the "Rock Your Red" campaign was definitely around first.

Take a look at the splash pages on both team websites. The Devils page has been like that since Friday... suddenly this morning the Caps page was virtually a carbon copy of what the Devils have up.

In the sports industry it's rare that a team has a totally original idea. I think most of the anger comes from ripping off the slogan, not the idea. Red-outs are nothing new, but blatantly ripping off a slogan is disgraceful. There's a reason it's Devils Legion and not Devils Army... our team has enough class to at least try to be original.

In the end, regardless of how angry we are... at least this year the Devils are making a strong effort to include the fans. Never before have they had a campaign focused almost entirely on the fan base - we should give them credit for that.

e3 to be exact, an e4 involves more than one source (ie Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) is a tool). you would have to think they would be red towels. It would defeat the purpose of telling people to wear red and then hand out white towels, the most visible thing when we score.