EURO 2008

eaglejelly

FORZA ITALIA

That's a tough group the Italians are in, "the group of death" always a good team Italy is, yet another country that fields one of the best soccer teams in the world.

Lot of respect for the Italians, good team, as always.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that was a weak call, it didn't look worthy of a penalty kick. Anyway they did call it one so it's 1-0 Croatia early.

I think it was the correct call. It was very stupid of the Austrian to make that risky tackle in that situation

Austria - Croatia 0-1

Germany - Poland 2-0

Poland played a very aggressive offside trap in the first half and Germany took advantage of it

Being English myself I'm pulling for the nation that I usually go for when England are out of it............

Germany, always had a lot of respect for the German national team.

Good choice :D

I think it was the correct call. It was very stupid of the Austrian to make that risky tackle in that situation

Austria - Croatia 0-1

Germany - Poland 2-0

Poland played a very aggressive offside trap in the first half and Germany took advantage of it

Good choice :D

I remember the days of karl heinz rummenigge, and ruudi voeller, and Breitner, and or course -Franz Beckenbauer, long before klinsmann.

Always respect for the German team, I love them.

The Poles played well for about 30 minutes of the entire game... Even when they managed to close the Germans on their own half in the first ~20 mins of the 2nd, they couldn't finish their chances and their long passes were absolutely inaccurate. I can hardly say I'm disappointed, because that's exactly the score I expected, but obviously a day after the game I still haven't gotten over it and I'm sad. I can only hope they don't embarrass themselves on Thursday and beat Austria, one of the weakest teams in this tournament (yet a host).

Being English myself I'm pulling for the nation that I usually go for when England are out of it............

Germany, always had a lot of respect for the German national team.

Shame on you sir, shame on you. :koolaid:

I wanted the Polish to win yesterday, Rasiak and Saganowski being Southampton players (Bialkowski under 21 keeper too) but the Germans were their typical machine-like selves.

Gaaaah, I hate Germany. Hahaha. :rofl:

Podolski is a great player , it must hurt the Polish that he was born in poland, and here he is scoring 2 goals against them in the Euro's.

Also it wouldnt be a Germany -Poland match without a load of trouble during and after the game:

Link

Considering theat the German team is made up of a large number of Polish born players this is pretty ironic, hopefully this wont happen again in the tournament, a small minority of people ruining a tournament for two nations of people is just wrong.

Podolski is a great player , it must hurt the Polish that he was born in poland, and here he is scoring 2 goals against them in the Euro's.

That was also the reason why he kept his goal celebrations to a minimum

Also it wouldnt be a Germany -Poland match without a load of trouble during and after the game:

Link

Considering theat the German team is made up of a large number of Polish born players this is pretty ironic, hopefully this wont happen again in the tournament, a small minority of people ruining a tournament for two nations of people is just wrong.

Klose and Podolski were both born in Poland but raised in Germany.

Those kinds of

Podolski would have played for Poland but the coach said "so what if he could score alot of goals..." and that annoyed Podolski.

ROU and FRA are on now, pretty good so far. A few far shots from Rou already.

Netherlands are really playing well, it would be good to see some underdogs win.

That the Dutch won this clearly is a surprise, but the Netherlands are no where close to being underdogs. Their team has almost always been a world class act

Final score

Netherlands

Well, well, well.... the Italians got off to a great start. Hahaha! France also had a very poor start to the tournament.

Come on Sweden, you should walk all over the Greeks. At least, I hope you do. Northern Europe FTW!!!

Edited by britdevil