EURO 2008

eaglejelly

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Final score:

Italy vs. Romania 1 - 1

Buffon saves a Rumanian PK with ten minutes left. Italy does not control their own destination anymore. They need help and a win against France to go to the next round

Edited by eaglejelly

Unfortunately Italy is in trouble with that 1-1 tie today with Romania. :saddevil: Italy only has 1-point but those three goals they gave up to the Netherlands really hurt them. Italy needs France to tie or lose here today to the Netherlands and Italy needs to beat France which I think they can do again to advance to the quarterfinals next round.

FORZA ITALIA!!! :evil:

Wow, the Netherlands are for real as they crush France 4-1 and win the "division of death" as they call it. Very suprising to see the Netherlands win over Italy and France in convincing fashion.

Italy will play France on Tuesday and the winner will advance and the loser goes home. If it ends in a tie then they go to the tie breakers somehow. :noclue:

Right now Italy and France are both tied in points and GF and GA. I do hope Italy wins again over France and take them right out of the Euro 2008! That would be sweet!

FORZA ITALIA!!!

ITA 1 ROM 1 F

FRA 1 NET 4 F

Edited by SatansDevils

Italy will play France on Tuesday and the winner will advance and the loser goes home. If it ends in a tie then they go to the tie breakers somehow. :noclue:

Right now Italy and France are both tied in points and GF and GA. I do hope Italy wins again over France and take them right out of the Euro 2008! That would be sweet!

Not entirely true cause it depends on what Romania does.

Romania who has 2 points when Italy and France both only have 1. It is very possible for them to advance which would send Italy and France home. Romania with a win against the Netherlands would automatically advance. If they tie Netherlands they have a very good chance as advancing as well. Also if Italy and France tie and Romania losses they would also advance unless they give up a bunch of goals.

Edited by Satans Hockey

Italy pretty much got screwed out of that game by horrible refereeing, but whatever.. Both Italy/France are probably screwed.. Hopefully Netherlands beats Romania to death and then Italy wins vs France.. its kinda alot to ask for but its possible.. Im sure the Netherlands will beat Romania, but will Italy be able to defeat the French to advance??

This game had to be won though

Not entirely true cause it depends on what Romania does.

Romania who has 2 points when Italy and France both only have 1. It is very possible for them to advance which would send Italy and France home. Romania with a win against the Netherlands would automatically advance. If they tie Netherlands they have a very good chance as advancing as well. Also if Italy and France tie and Romania losses they would also advance unless they give up a bunch of goals.

The way the Netherlands beat Italy and now France they should destroy Romania. It will be out of Italy and France to advance IMO and not Romania. I think they will give up a lot of goals to the Netherlands.

Italy pretty much got screwed out of that game by horrible refereeing, but whatever.. Both Italy/France are probably screwed.. Hopefully Netherlands beats Romania to death and then Italy wins vs France.. its kinda alot to ask for but its possible.. Im sure the Netherlands will beat Romania, but will Italy be able to defeat the French to advance??

This game had to be won though

Agreed. Italy did get screwed in this game today and just didn't want to complain about the refs but even the analysts and the Italy coach said the quality of the refs were just plain garbage.

The way the Netherlands beat Italy and now France they should destroy Romania. It will be out of Italy and France to advance IMO and not Romania. I think they will give up a lot of goals to the Netherlands.

Agreed. Italy did get screwed in this game today and just didn't want to complain about the refs but even the analysts and the Italy coach said the quality of the refs were just plain garbage.

they need replays.. im sick of both baseball and soccer not having a replay system, because the wrong calls are being made.. Toni was clearly ON-side on his "non goal" in the 1st half

they need replays.. im sick of both baseball and soccer not having a replay system, because the wrong calls are being made.. Toni was clearly ON-side on his "non goal" in the 1st half

Hell yeah!

MLB is having replay video as of August 1st of this season. It was announced on ESPN earlier today. They do need it in soccer and in actually all of sports in some form to improve the games.

I'm not so sure about that. Romania has a pretty good defense plus Netherlands has nothing to gain from winning this game so they could rest some of their guys for the next round.

Plus if Italy and France tie it might not matter what Romania does as long as they don't give up a ton of goals.

1-1 at halftime Torres for Spain and Ibrahimovic (sp) for the Swedes.

Terrible non-call right at the end of the first half, Spain should have had a penalty kick after a Swede defender just barged over a Spanish forward.

Should be a good second half.

I haven't been able to see these games because of work but I am loving the strong showing by The Netherlands! I really hope they can keep it up.

I can't see the games in the week because of work, luckily today I can.

Justice is served as Spain gets a late winner in injury time to win the game.

Spain 2-1 Sweden.

It would have been a travesty if the Swedes got a point from this game, they were pinned by the Spaniards and rarely got out of their own half, they were playing not to lose.

Spain lacked the incisive pass to break the Swedish defense and if the Swedes had played a better finishing team Sweden would have been hammered. It was only a matter of time that Spain got the GAG, when Fabregas came on for Spain, they really put the Swedes under the kosh.

Romania quite possibly could get a tie or even a win being that the Netherlands probably won't play their starters because they have already clinched the first seed.

And that 'offside' goal from Toni was pretty much washed out by Mutu kicking that PK directly at Buffon. If I guessed left I could have saved it being that the kick was not even half way to the post and at mid height.

Czechs lose 2-3 after being being 2-0 up, however the third Turkish goal was offside, props to the Turks for not giving up, even after they had their goalie sent off in injury time.

Poor Patty will not be pleased, he's a big soccer fan, hopefully he takes his anger out on the NHL and scores 50 goals and gets over 100 points, hey, ya never know :boogie:

No.

3 human officials will suffice. Football is the perfect team sport.

Edited by britdevil