Laraque off to Habs

USC09

Are you sure it's 1.5 mil per year, and not total?

If it is 1.5 per, I guess it makes the Clarkson signing seem pretty good.

It's per year...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=242393&amp...os=secStory_nhl

The native of Montreal, Quebec has signed a three-year contract with the Canadiens, reportedly worth $4.5 million. The deal includes a partial no-trade clause.

Montreal acquires a genuine heavyweight. I'm a little surprised that the Penguins let him go. I thought they might want to have a policeman to protect the young studs.

It's per year...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=242393&amp...os=secStory_nhl

The native of Montreal, Quebec has signed a three-year contract with the Canadiens, reportedly worth $4.5 million. The deal includes a partial no-trade clause.

Man, that's a lot of money for a fighter. I'm really surprised he's making that much for the next 3 years. Thanks for the confirmation SH. :)

The penguins have lost a lot of character guys off their team, they will look like a very different team next year, and im pleased they have done so.

Laraque, Ruutu,Roberts,Malone and Hall are all guys that have big character for that club.

It will be interesting to see if this years supporting cast are as effective as last years.

The penguins have lost a lot of character guys off their team, they will look like a very different team next year, and im pleased they have done so.

Laraque, Ruutu,Roberts,Malone and Hall are all guys that have big character for that club.

It will be interesting to see if this years supporting cast are as effective as last years.

Everyone said the same thing when Hossa was traded for Colby Armstrong and Erik Christensen and the Pens ended up in the finals so who knows.

Everyone said the same thing when Hossa was traded for Colby Armstrong and Erik Christensen and the Pens ended up in the finals so who knows.

Yeah but thioes guys were pretty young even if the did bring character.

Ruutu, Laraque and Roberts reall did get under other teams skin a lot, it was a one to sucker punch, bag loads of skill, but tough at the same time.

IMO the penguins are going to be quite soft this year, and hopefully our big team can take advantage of that.