Man Caves

xxchaznjxx

this past weekend i saw an episode about a jersey guy who was a cop. his brother was killed in the line of duty. both he and his brother were huge, diehard devils fans. so siragusa and co. decided to turn his garage into a devils cave. and the best part was that, my man, and my all time favorite devil, kenny daneyko was a surprise guest because this cop said that he was his brothers favorite player. it was great watching them work and transform this garage into a nice place to crash and watch the games, and it was absolutely a "devils man cave". it turned out great looking.

just another reason why i love the devils and kenny d. this guy has so much class. hopefully people will get the chance to see the episode.

this past weekend i saw an episode about a jersey guy who was a cop. his brother was killed in the line of duty. both he and his brother were huge, diehard devils fans. so siragusa and co. decided to turn his garage into a devils cave. and the best part was that, my man, and my all time favorite devil, kenny daneyko was a surprise guest because this cop said that he was his brothers favorite player. it was great watching them work and transform this garage into a nice place to crash and watch the games, and it was absolutely a "devils man cave". it turned out great looking.

just another reason why i love the devils and kenny d. this guy has so much class. hopefully people will get the chance to see the episode.

I was wondering if anyone else watched that...I saw it too. Yeah, it was a moving story, and it was great to see Kenny D taking part.

The room didn't do all that much for me though. I loved the table made out of hockey sticks, and the paint scheme was pretty cool, but the walls need more memorabilia...it just was too plain for me, and just didn't have a cozy feel.

I was wondering if anyone else watched that...I saw it too. Yeah, it was a moving story, and it was great to see Kenny D taking part.

The room didn't do all that much for me though. I loved the table made out of hockey sticks, and the paint scheme was pretty cool, but the walls need more memorabilia...it just was too plain for me, and just didn't have a cozy feel.

i think he's probably going to add to it. i saw that at the end of the show when they were all sitting around that the outlets didn't even have covers yet. it did need more memorablia and i'm sure he'll be able to add to that.

and that front door was awesome.

i think he's probably going to add to it. i saw that at the end of the show when they were all sitting around that the outlets didn't even have covers yet. it did need more memorablia and i'm sure he'll be able to add to that.

and that front door was awesome.

Yeah, that front door was sweet. I noticed the outlet covers too.

I'd love to see what that room looks like in a year or so.

the whole episode is online on the diy site, look on the left and choose devils den

http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/pac_ctnt_988...6_68630,00.html

"I asked [Daneyko] to punch me in the face but he said no" :lol:

Thanks for the link. Awesome front door and Dano is the man once again!

'cept that he looked downright dainty with them power tools... :rolleyes:

..your right..that AND he wouldn't punch the guy when asked to......Dano has softened up..... :D

I watched it. Cool that Kenny came by and gave him some stuff...but I just thought that the room was...lacking. It needed more seating, and definitely a fridge or cooler or something. It was very "blah". Kind of like the Devils though...I guess it's fitting.

I watched it. Cool that Kenny came by and gave him some stuff...but I just thought that the room was...lacking. It needed more seating, and definitely a fridge or cooler or something. It was very "blah". Kind of like the Devils though...I guess it's fitting.

That's the feeling I got: "blah". When my wife told me that show was on I couldn't wait to watch it...the final result was just disappointing to me...I was expecting more, something more grand, although there were some things I liked. Those seats don't look terribly comfortable either.

With those tiled floors and the way the seats are.. it looks alot like the inside of pizza parlor.

Yeah it kind of does.

BTW was there any kind of heat installed? I don't remember. That room could be mighty cold come wintertime. Unfortunately I have the same problem with my sports room...it's in my finished basement, and it's heated by a pellet stove...if I don't fire it up a good hour or so before going down there on a cold winter day, it's freezing down there.

Yeah it kind of does.

BTW was there any kind of heat installed? I don't remember. That room could be mighty cold come wintertime. Unfortunately I have the same problem with my sports room...it's in my finished basement, and it's heated by a pellet stove...if I don't fire it up a good hour or so before going down there on a cold winter day, it's freezing down there.

Is your ceiling drywall or drop ceiling tiles?

You could always tap into your duct work and install a supply and return vent to help keep it tempered during cold days

Yeah it kind of does.

Probably not, they woulda probably mentioned it, and i dont think they said anything about heating.. that would be awesome though to have a group of buddies come over to watch the Devils game.

Is your ceiling drywall or drop ceiling tiles?

You could always tap into your duct work and install a supply and return vent to help keep it tempered during cold days

It's drywall, but I have electric baseboard heat throughout the upstairs...no ducts.

The pellet stove actually works very well...pellets are actually pretty cheap (about $35 for a big bag of "premium" pellets), and it takes about 24 hours of running the stove continuously before a bag runs out. It doesn't cost much to run either...all that's electrical is the motor that allows the pellets to fall into the pellet tray and the blower that sends out the heat.

That was an awesome episode and I was happy it was done in honor of a fallen policeman.

• 1 month later...