Any Non-NJDevs FFL talk here

Hey guys. I'm in a FFL over at HF ironicly, don't know if anyone here is. Anyway, here's my team:

QB: Ben Roethlisberger

RB: Marshawn Lynch

RB: Maurice Jones-Drew

WR: Brandon Marshall

WR: Hines Ward

WR: Bernard Berrian

TE: Vernon Davis

D/ST: Tennessee

K: Nate Kaeding

Bench:

Ronnie Brown

Jay Cutler

Reggie Williams

Donald Lee

Ronald Curry

Jerious Norwood

Devin Hester

In the first 2 rounds I took the best running back left. I had the long wait and saw many QB's being snacthed up and jumped on the wagon with Ben. From then on, I went BPA until the later rounds. As for the tight ends my thoughts were, for first time QB's, a TE is their best friend and picked accordingly. I think Berrian might surprise a few people with his speed. If they could work in some PA with AP he should burn the corner. Curry (big target for young QB), Norwood, and Hester are all pretty good sleepers, imo.

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated. Post your team!

I like your Running backs, I like big ben, I don't like your WRs, especially since Hines in going to be #2 in pitt this season and marshall is suspended. That said, I think Berrian will have at least a decent year.

Here's my team (10 team keeper league)

QB Peyton Manning

RB Frank Gore

RB Reggie Bush

RB/WR Thomas Jones

WR Andre Johnson

WR Roddy White

TE Kellen Winslow

IDP Patrick Willis

DST Chargers

K Josh Brown

Bench (I have no idea why my friends decided on such a big bench. I argued against it but w/e)

Matt Forte (Chi's starting RB I like him as a sleeper)

Matt Shaub

Owen Daniels

Derrick Mason

DeShaun Foster (Gore handcuff, I don't trust his knee)

Ravens DST

Aaron Kampman

Matt Ryan (I had a free roster spot, I picked him up on waivers)

IR

Bobby Engram

Did I mention I hate the size of the bench?

I am in a 8 person league.

QB:Peyton Manning

RB:Brian Westbrook

RB:Edgerrian James

WR:Braylon Edwards

WR:T.J. Houshmandzadeh

TE:Tony Gonzalez

RB/WR:Roddy White

BN:Ronnie Brown

BN:Santonio Holmes

BN:Jay Cutler

BN:Chris Chambers

BN:Kevin Smith

K:none

DEF:Jacksonville

DP26, I agree completely with RSC. If you survive Marshall's suspension at .500 or better, you'll do OK.

RSC, your D/ST players look good, but I don't like any of your RB2 prospects.

Verran12, besides the fact that you need a kicker, you need Ronnie Brown to come back healthy and whoop ass. I think you'll do OK if you can get Edge out of your starting lineup and sub in a productive Ronnie Brown.

My first team (of 6): 10 team league with one pseudo-keeper and one WR/RB flex.

QB: Donovan McNabb, Jake Delhomme

RB: Clinton Portis, Ryan Grant, Lendale White, Ladell Betts, Ryan Torain, Kevin Faulk

WR: Wes Welker, Steve Smith, Chris Chambers, Bryant Johnson, James Hardy, Justin Gage

TE: Tony Scheffler

K: Mason Crosby

Def: San Diego Chargers, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

I had pick 9 of 10.

Players are listed in the order per position I drafted them

My picks were in this order:

RB, RB, WR, WR, RB, WR, QB, Def, TE, WR, RB, QB, RB, WR, Def, WR, RB, K

Verran12, besides the fact that you need a kicker, you need Ronnie Brown to come back healthy and whoop ass. I think you'll do OK if you can get Edge out of your starting lineup and sub in a productive Ronnie Brown.

I hope on putting ronnie brown in. Last year before he got hurt he was a top RB in the league. Also, he seems to be the only real offensive threat on the Dolphins so if healthy he should perform well.

On the kicker note I can get Adam Vinitairi off free agents. I have an extra spot but I am probably just going to pick up a kicker each week based off of match-ups.

Edited by Verran12

I hope on putting ronnie brown in. Last year before he got hurt he was a top RB in the league. Also, he seems to be the only real offensive threat on the Dolphins so if healthy he should perform well.

On the kicker note I can get Adam Vinitairi off free agents. I have an extra spot but I am probably just going to pick up a kicker each week based off of match-ups.

Isn't Ricky Williams ahead of Ronnie Brown on the Miami depth chart now? Correct me if I'm wrong.

I like your Running backs, I like big ben, I don't like your WRs, especially since Hines in going to be #2 in pitt this season and marshall is suspended. That said, I think Berrian will have at least a decent year.

Here's my team (10 team keeper league)

QB Peyton Manning

RB Frank Gore

RB Reggie Bush

RB/WR Thomas Jones

WR Andre Johnson

WR Roddy White

TE Kellen Winslow

IDP Patrick Willis

DST Chargers

K Josh Brown

Bench (I have no idea why my friends decided on such a big bench. I argued against it but w/e)

Matt Forte (Chi's starting RB I like him as a sleeper)

Matt Shaub

Owen Daniels

Derrick Mason

DeShaun Foster (Gore handcuff, I don't trust his knee)

Ravens DST

Aaron Kampman

Matt Ryan (I had a free roster spot, I picked him up on waivers)

IR

Bobby Engram

Did I mention I hate the size of the bench?

Well thankfully Marshall is only out 1 game now. The worst luck ever might have been Santonio Holmes going the very pick before I took Ward :( One of the guys has Burress on the 'block and if my WR's do that bad, I could get him. If not, I'm hoping either Reggie Williams cures his case of dropsies or Hester can get some time at WR.

I like your team for the most part, one thing I would watch is Gore. He's going to be up against 8-9 in the box every play. But even if Gore slips up, Peyton should really carry your team. Good luck.

Leauge: 12 team, 14 Rounds

Draft Position: #1, snake

Plays: 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF, 6 BENCH

QB: Matt Hasselbeck, Philop Rivers

WR: Larry Fitzgerald, Santonio Holmes, Nate Burleson, Santana Moss, Reggie Brown

RB: LaDainian Tomlinson, Jamal Lewis, Jonathan Stewart, Rashard Mendenhall, Pierre Thomas

TE: Chris Cooley

K: David Akers

DEF: Green Bay

I have a waiver request to drop Thomas and pick up Rudi Johnson. My bench is deep enough (for a 2rb leauge) to wait out Johnson signing with another team and getting into games. Thomas was my play if Reggie Bush disapoints, I do not feel Deuce can carry the load anymore if something happens to Bush.

12 team league, snake draft, starting roster is QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, K, DEF, I had pick 11

Rushing is 10 yds per point, receiving is 1 PPR and 20 yards = 1pt

QB: David Garrard, Matt Schuab

RB: Thomas Jones, Reggie Bush, Jonathan Stewart, Fred Taylor, Chris Johnson

WR: Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, Joey Galloway, Derrick Mason, James Hardy

K: Josh Scobee

DEF: Philadelphia

I'm actyually very happy about most of my players. I don't have a true RB1, but that happens when you open your draft WR-WR. If Bush has a year like his rookie year he'll be a hell of a pick as an RB2 with all the receptions.

You tell them to suck it up or set a really good draft order list...

Cant please them all.

Benefits of the live draft, your draft is done in 2 hours...

Cons... some people dont make it

Benefits of offline forum... people make their own picks for the most part

Cons... its chaos/dead/chaos and pushed up to the start of the season.

Hey Crasher, I understand how you feel about Online draft.. Man, my league, Damn it ! We're 10, 7 wants it to be 7:pm, while one of them wants the day the Draft is to be moved.. Then 2others guys doesn,t respond, and one says he wants it to be 10:30,

I'M LIKE, WHAT THE FACK !

This is why I love the msg board draft.... I HATE online drafts and lists... they're trash and if NJDevs ever goes away from the msg board format (which I won't allow :P) I won't join it.... without the unique 2 weeks of drafting this league loses half it's fun!!

Fantasy Drfat #4 tonight!!!! :unsure::whistling::blink:

But the hockey draft is so much fun, and we get a good majority there for the live draft.

and I have three other drafts like that in football... it gets boring and repetitive... more so when I play for less here (bragging rights here... vs bragging rights with the people I watch football with.... vs money * 2 :P)

Kind of a weird league, it's 10 teams and we start a QB, 2 RB's, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K and two IDP's (one DB and one DL). It's supposed to be a keeper league, we just set it up this year but it hasn't yet been determined how many we're keeping - probably most or all of the roster though, so I loaded up on young players and had my vets at the end of my bench. WR core is probably a little weak but otherwise I do like my team.

QB - Romo, Favre

RB - Tomlinson, Grant, L.White, F.Taylor

WR - Jennings, R.Williams, Chambers, Galloway

TE - Shockey, H.Miller

K - Folk

DB - Cromartie

DL - J.Allen

QB: Peyton Manning

RB: Adrian Peterson

RB: Michael Turner

WR: Lee Evans

WR: Larry Fitz

WR: Santonio Holmes

DEF: Jax

K: Nate Kaeding

BENCH

---

WR: Santana Moss

WR: Isaac Bruce

RB: Lendale White

RB: Rashard Mendenhall

QB: Brett Favre(Gonna trade him.)

TE: Kevin Boss

That's my team in Manta's league, it went Auto-Draft and its a 10 team one.

Here's my 10team league that I created, and it went Online,(One user never played, and set his auto-draft to pick.. Sd Def in 3rd round, 4rth round, Crosby.. He picked the whole Gb team lol.

QB: McNabb

WR: Randy Moss

WR: Reggie Wayne

WR: Lee Evans

RB: Willie Parker

RB: Michael Turner

DEF: Dallas

K: ?

Bench

QB: Aaron Rodgers

RB: Selvin Young

RB: Ray Rice

WR: Reggie Brown

WR: Bernie Berrian

TE: Ben Watson

How do you rate my team so far ? I see as, Strong on WRS, SOSO on RBS.

Yeah so, I want to get some opinions on starts next week.

First out of these 3, I need 2 guys to start at Rb/flex (Gore is automatically starting)

Reggie Bush @Was (Week 1 51 yds rush, 112 yds rec., rec. td)

Thomas Jones vs. NE (Week 1 101 yds rush, 1 td)

Matt Forte @Car (week 1 123 yds 1 td, 18 yds rec.)

Also, what D? The Chargers played horribly last week, and the Ravens got 22 points sitting on my bench.

Me and my father and his brother (my uncle) are in a league together (as 1 team).. The prize is like $200, we made it the Championship last year but lost.. We had Randy Moss and Adrian Peterson as our main guys.. Randy Moss pick came as a STEAL in like 5th round, Moss was was a 6th rounder I think.. But anyway its a 14-team league, and heres our roster this year (last year Joseph Addai was our 1st rd pick, this year it was Randy Moss):

QB - Derek Anderson (Cle)

QB - Marc Bulger (Stl)

RB - DeAngelo Williams (Car)

RB - Darren McFadden (Oak)

RB - Derrick Ward (Nyg)

WR - Randy Moss (Ne)

WR - Reggie Williams (Jax)

WR - TJ Houshmanzadeh (Cin)

WR - Ted Ginn Jr. (Mia)

K - Rob Bironas (Ten)

K - Robbie Gould (Chi)

D - Tampa Bay Buccaneers

-Our team is "Gotta Believe" :)

Edited by nmigliore

So after losing ALL 4 games last week and two in embarrassing fashion.... the payback comes in week 2!

Money League# 1:

95-42 (he has Owens, Baskett, Westbrook left)

Money league #2:

121-58

NJ Devs (poor U-Dog):

125-76

My league with friends too poor to put up money :P

146-91

pounded them like veal did I :evil:

OK i just got offered Reggie Bush (on my team) for derek anderson and tj houshmanzadah.

do i pull the trigger??? I already have peyton at QB, my wr are andre johnson and roddy white, and my rbs would be frank gore, matt forte, and thomas jones.

oh, and patrick willis (LB,SF) won me my game this week...17 points! that is unheard of from an IDP.