I like this guy....

metalfro44

I just started reading this guy's blog because I have heard good things about it. And I need as much NHL info as possible, you know because studying in Europe for a year with no NHL Network or even Vs. has made me go into withdrawal. But look at his predictions for this season:

http://mirtle.blogspot.com/2008/10/nhl-sea...redictions.html

He is quickly becoming my favorite blogger.

:giggle:

That said, I didnt really enjoy his blog; nor did I feel he defended his positions very well... also, despite the Toronto key player, the key players don't seem relevant.

Yeah really..

NJ: Rolston - No

WSH: Theodore - ....? Ovechkin much? No Ovie = no playoffs

BUF: Miller - ok

MTL: Kovalev - ugh? More like Price

PHI: Coburn - WHAT?

PIT: Letang - ^

BOS: Chara - hmmm whatever

FLA: Weiss - ok

OTT: Gerber - yes

NYR: Redden - ok, but i think its more on drury to be the new "leader"

CAR: Ward - who cares

TB: Smith - ok

ATL: Kozlov - no

TOR: Tavares - funny

NYI: Hedman - who?

Yeah really..

NJ: Rolston - No

WSH: Theodore - ....? Ovechkin much? No Ovie = no playoffs

BUF: Miller - ok

MTL: Kovalev - ugh? More like Price

PHI: Coburn - WHAT?

PIT: Letang - ^

BOS: Chara - hmmm whatever

FLA: Weiss - ok

CAR: Ward - who cares

TB: Smith - ok

ATL: Kozlov - no

TOR: Tavares - funny

NYI: Hedman - who?

I think he was going for someone who can make or break the team. Ovechkin is EXPECTED to do awesome things in Washington, but Theo playing like Hart Trophy Theo can make the team dominant.

Also, Hedman is the suspected 2nd overall pick in 09. Some people even suggest he is better than Tavares.

In fact, he is posting some good predictions, not just the East, but the West. These days, those so call hockey writers and experts just using last year as a scale to put up predictions. Most of the time, those idiots get burned. Those stupid guys never consider injury bug, the coach, the hangover, and other intangibles. They just put up the prediction base on the players' performance and they never say anything about the players will suffer jinxes after a good rookie or a contract year, etc. Thumbs up for him.

I just started reading this guy's blog because I have heard good things about it. And I need as much NHL info as possible, you know because studying in Europe for a year with no NHL Network or even Vs. has made me go into withdrawal. But look at his predictions for this season:

http://mirtle.blogspot.com/2008/10/nhl-sea...redictions.html

He is quickly becoming my favorite blogger.

His picks are actually very close to what I expect. The only difference is Buffalo out and Carolina in. The rest are the same in different order.

:giggle:

That said, I didnt really enjoy his blog; nor did I feel he defended his positions very well... also, despite the Toronto key player, the key players don't seem relevant.

Tough crowd in here. :D

The key player bit is supposed to identify someone teams really need to play well in order to succeed, not necessarily the team's best player. Coburn's huge for Philadelphia because he'll suddenly be playing 25+ minutes a night; Redden's big in New York because they desperately need a capable veteran to step up on the blueline given how thin they are on the back end.

Carey Price is a good pick for Montreal, but (a) I didn't want to go with all goalies, and (b) Kovalev played out of his mind last season and could easily crash back down to earth. He was a big reason they succeeded last year.

New Jersey? A severely underrated defence, the best goaltender in the league and some players who could really breakout this time around after so-so seasons last year. I think they could really surprise everyone this season.

Edited by James Mirtle

Tough crowd in here. :D

The key player bit is supposed to identify someone teams really need to play well in order to succeed, not necessarily the team's best player.

This is how I answered the "most important defenseman" question in the thread on the boards here, and it makes sense to do so instead of just pointing out a team's best player.

Coburn's huge for Philadelphia because he'll suddenly be playing 25+ minutes a night; Redden's big in New York because they desperately need a capable veteran to step up on the blueline given how thin they are on the back end.

Carey Price is a good pick for Montreal, but (a) I didn't want to go with all goalies, and (b) Kovalev played out of his mind last season and could easily crash back down to earth. He was a big reason they succeeded last year.

New Jersey? A severely underrated defence, the best goaltender in the league and some players who could really breakout this time around after so-so seasons last year. I think they could really surprise everyone this season.

I love you too, but seriously don't put the horns on us! :P

And welcome to the boards!

Edited by Cowutopia

Devils 1st = great writer

Devils missing playoffs = hack

I like the cut of your jib.

Can't disagree. But if Fisher doesn't get consistent and Vermette doesn't make his expected natural progression, 'tending won't matter much.

Wait until you see Redden on odd-man rushes. :giggle: You guys should have plenty to cheer about against the Rags this season.

Edited by Senators Advocate

Wait until you see Redden on odd-man rushes. :giggle: You guys should have plenty to cheer about against the Rags this season.

i loved how he kept falling down against that russian team. that was hilarious. :giggle: