Cam Janssen

Kariya009

I am just curious what you guys think of your former enforcer Cam Jannsen. He's got alot of mixed reviews here in St.Louis thus far. Was he good enough to consistently play on a 4th line? Would you guys take him back if given the chance? Any information about this guy would be great, thanks. -Mike B )

Edited by Kariya009

You'll get mixed reviews on him here too. My review of him is he is basically useless. Even when he was in the lineup the coaching staff was never comfortable enough to give him a consistent 4th line shift. He basically had to be glued to the bench for most of a game, then would go out and skate around with no positioning to try and check whomever had the puck.

He barely got any playing time, but I think he did bring some energy to the team with his hits and fights. He was never as effective a fighter after his shoulder injury though. I met him once after a game, he seems like a real nice guy off the rink.

I agree with the other posts. He has no offensive skill but did fire up the crowd and the team when he was on the ice. Brought good energy to the building.

He definitely brought emotion and stuck up for his teammates. So, many Devils fans loved him for that alone. But I didn't think his fights were all that great. He spent half the time with his arm cocked back. I guess eventually he could be a decent fourth-liner, though. He wasn't worthless.

Edited by 95Crash

I wouldn't take him back if given the chance.

I think for a team like St. Louis that probably isn't going to be very good this year, he'll provide a nice spark and get into some interesting scrapes. But it's hard to imagine him dressing in any more playoff games in his career - I don't think I've ever seen a player worse on the puck. I think being traded for Salvador is a tough act to follow when Salvador was a steady Blues defender for years. That said, I loved the guy and was disappointed when Jersey traded him. Then again I loved Peluso, Simpson, Sasha Lakovic...

Edited by Triumph

Cam was a good enforcer in that he knew his job, did what he was supposed to (hit, fight) and stood up for his team mates. He wasn't, nor will he ever be, an offensive force. But with the right coaching, he can have a decent NHL career as a banger and crasher.

I only met him once off the ice, but he seemed like a normal guy who was just happy to have a shot in the NHL. He seemed to be enjoying himself. And it was nice what he said of the fans when he got traded.. "I appreciated them and they appreciated what I brought to the team" or something to that affect.

I'll definitely watch a couple of St Louis games on NHL Network to see hows he's doin. Especially when they play Hollweg and Toronto or Avery and Dallas... :burn:

I only met him once off the ice, but he seemed like a normal guy who was just happy to have a shot in the NHL. He seemed to be enjoying himself. And it was nice what he said of the fans when he got traded.. "I appreciated them and they appreciated what I brought to the team" or something to that affect.

Haha I remember when he got traded he was being interviewed by someone from TSN and they were asking for his thoughts on being traded to his hometown. He said something like "my parents love these blockbuster deals" and when they asked what the Blues are expecting of him he said about 30 goals or something.

Haha I remember when he got traded he was being interviewed by someone from TSN and they were asking for his thoughts on being traded to his hometown. He said something like "my parents love these blockbuster deals" and when they asked what the Blues are expecting of him he said about 30 goals or something.

Yeah, I watched the St Louis game the night he got traded. He wasn't in the line up, but they interviewed him on the phone. When they asked him what number he was getting, he joked '16' (Brett Hulls number in St Louis) and when they asked him his role on the team he said 'strictly goal scoring.'

Yeah, I watched the St Louis game the night he got traded. He wasn't in the line up, but they interviewed him on the phone. When they asked him what number he was getting, he joked '16' (Brett Hulls number in St Louis) and when they asked him his role on the team he said 'strictly goal scoring.'

Haha I still remember his 1 goal with the Devils. Of course it came just after he left the penalty box.

You'll get mixed reviews on him here too. My review of him is he is basically useless. Even when he was in the lineup the coaching staff was never comfortable enough to give him a consistent 4th line shift. He basically had to be glued to the bench for most of a game, then would go out and skate around with no positioning to try and check whomever had the puck.

x2....731 pretty sums up Cam's time with the Devils.

Limited talent, unlimited heart. I miss the hell out of that fiesty little bastard. Unlike a lot of the debbie downers around here, I would definitely take Cammer The Hammer back (whether the Devils coaching staff would have any use for him is another matter), but you aren't getting Salvador back in exchange. Sal is SICK!