NHL Attendance

NJ4life

The Thrashers continue to draw well on weekends. I would not be surprised if they get 17k for the Sabres tonight since the UGA game was an early game. They struggle to draw midweek and will continue to until they field a good team or slash prices. When you finish third from the bottom and raise prices 20% your attendance will take a hit.

Atlanta is a better sports town then people give it credit for, it's just that theirs teams have sucked for so long (Braves excepted) that people lose interest.

Didn't come close, 14K give or take a few. Bad crowds in Nashville, ATL and Tampa tonight. Tampa has been terrible but it really looks like the fans have rejected what's going on there. Bad sign for that franchise considering how little it costs to get in there.

Tampa has been terrible but it really looks like the fans have rejected what's going on there. Bad sign for that franchise considering how little it costs to get in there.

gee there might've been a baseball game of interest going on in tampa too, just a thought

Edited by Triumph

Didn't come close, 14K give or take a few. Bad crowds in Nashville, ATL and Tampa tonight. Tampa has been terrible but it really looks like the fans have rejected what's going on there. Bad sign for that franchise considering how little it costs to get in there.

Tampa was also up against the ALCS tonight. That said they should reject what has been going on with that franchise. Sure Feaster f'ed up with those Big 3 contracts but the even with the last place finish last year that team was in better shape than after the new owners took over. They have better goaltending now however they completely ripped apart that defense and traded their best defensemen over what amounts to a personal dispute that dates back when Boyle and Barrie (one of the new owners) were teammates in Florida. That team is a joke of a franchise now.

gee there might've been a baseball game of interest going on in tampa too, just a thought

They did run against them both of their last two nights, but these are still low numbers for them. Let's put it this way, attendance isn't going to be picking up much after Sunday or after two weeks from now.

Season opener also didn't come close to selling out, and I don't think they have $100 upper deck seats as a crutch.

EDIT: Also, their summer advertising season was all Stamkos all the time, and I wonder if Stamkos should even be in the NHL (especially for this crappy team.), he's been fairly invisible.

Edited by maxpower

They did run against them both of their last two nights, but these are still low numbers for them. Let's put it this way, attendance isn't going to be picking up much after Sunday or after two weeks from now.

Season opener also didn't come close to selling out, and I don't think they have $100 upper deck seats as a crutch.

EDIT: Also, their summer advertising season was all Stamkos all the time, and I wonder if Stamkos should even be in the NHL (especially for this crappy team.), he's been fairly invisible.

yeah but you've also got to imagine that a decent # of people who spent their money on the lightning decided to spend it on the rays this summer. it also takes a while for a team to recover from a season like last year's, free agent signings or no - none of the FA signings were particularly sexy.

Yeah I thought that sounded good last night when Steve and Chico were talking about the seats at Phillips Arena. They need to do that everywhere in all the arenas to sell tickets since a lot of family oriented fans go to the games.

"All you can eat" seats are disgusting. Americans are too fat and yet you want this in more arenas? If you want to eat go to a restaurant.

I wonder how the Devils would draw if our tix prices were like Tampa's. ( yes I know the Devs more profitable the current way ) I'm just saying this as I wonder if we'd have huge crowds all the time if they were and get rid of the we have no fans and low attendance crap.

Tampas ticket prices are incredible, you could get a playoff ticket for 9 dollars two years ago.

The cheapest seats in Tampa now are $15 and those are the last five rows of the upper deck. Some of the upper deck seats are $69 and their isn't a single seat below the upper deck that's less than $79. Lightning tickets really aren't any cheaper than Devils, in some cases they are more expensive.

yeah but you've also got to imagine that a decent # of people who spent their money on the lightning decided to spend it on the rays this summer. it also takes a while for a team to recover from a season like last year's, free agent signings or no - none of the FA signings were particularly sexy.

Yeah, actually, your first point, I was just thinking of that now. The Rays were so pathetic that it allowed the Lightning to be 2 out of 3 in the market, I don't know if the Rays are actually going to draw next year, but if they do, it's bad news for the Lightning.