The PA system at the Rock

metallidevils

Am I the only one that consistently goes home with a headache after every game? Maybe my ears are just sensitive, but wow, the music is SO LOUD! It was never like that at the CAA. Especially when they do the 'noise meter' and pump in the crowd noise, you can't even hear yourself think. I don't mind loud noises when it's generated by the crowd, but the music and fake crowd noise is just way too loud.

the only thing that bugs my ears is Goomba's whistle behind me when I am not ready for it...

seriously that sh!t could break glass at the right angle :P

the rest is standard American Sports Arena... better or worse....

I am going to have to side with metallidevils on this one. I sat in the first row downstairs for a few minutes yesterday and the sound there is tolerable. In my seats, 16th row, it is blaring. I literally have a hard time talking to the person next to me during stopages.

My wife and I went to the Flyers game on Friday night - our second visit to The Rock. I know that Lou likes the tradition of organ music at a game, and normally I'm fine with that (my wife does not agree). I have to say that the organ "music" was particularly loud and bad. I said it "bordered" on an assault on the senses. My wife said: bordered? It was offensive.

Overall, these arenas should just tone down the music - it is so unnecessary. Does anyone enjoy this? (Oh, that goal horn is also pretty bad - the Devils need to come up with something new.)

My wife and I went to the Flyers game on Friday night - our second visit to The Rock. I know that Lou likes the tradition of organ music at a game, and normally I'm fine with that (my wife does not agree). I have to say that the organ "music" was particularly loud and bad. I said it "bordered" on an assault on the senses. My wife said: bordered? It was offensive.

Overall, these arenas should just tone down the music - it is so unnecessary. Does anyone enjoy this? (Oh, that goal horn is also pretty bad - the Devils need to come up with something new.)

I agree with the organ music being bad. It just sounds annoying, esp. hearing American boy being played on it.

As someone who used to sit INSIDE the speakers at CBGB's, i still think the music at the rock is WAY too loud. I've even been bringing ear plugs because otherwise I walk out of there with concert-istis and I don't need to subject my poor, already abused eardrums to that kind of noise twice a week.

Edited to add: I don't mind the goal horn but i miss the old one and the PA announcer needs to take it down a notch, he's waaaay over the top for me

Edited by ev0lemi