NFL Week 13

CRASHER

And the stretch run BEGINS in the NFL starting now! Lots of good games this week (sadly none of them are spotlighted on Thanksgiving Day

:P)... but much to be thankful for... and how can you not love a National Holiday dedicated to letting the country watch Dallas Cowboys Football ?? B ) (CMON, you really think it's about the Lions or Pilgrims?? CMON PILGRIMS!!!!)

Thursday November 27:

12:30 pm:

Titans at LIONS:

One of these teams is not like the other :blink: ... this is one of those not if the Titans will win but by HOW MUCH, what was the league thinking here, eh?? The only fun here is can fat boy LenDale White actually leave the Turkey alone till the game ends???

Winner (this ain't no Prediction it's FACT): Titans

Game Quality: DUD

4pm:

Seattle at Dallas:

Usually one of these games delivers and gives ya a GOOD game... this is not the case this year :P

Winner (again Seattle would be a pick em with the Lions :P): Dallas

Game Quality: DUD

8pm:

Cardinals at Eagles:

At least this one has some DRAMA... McNabb starts, but how quick will Andy Reid (who is LOST and needs to go this year... goal line stands... QB under the bus... hellloooo???).... how does the Arizona offense handle the blitz-happy Eagles team? How annoying is Kurt Warner's Thanksgiving Day prayer? Not to mention a loss here officially begins the "forget we won a World Series, time to lynch the Eagles" mentality in Phily....find yourself to a TV for this one... it's gonna be FUN!!

Prediction: Cardinals

Game Quality: *** 1/2 (plus one star because by 8 you will be BEGGING for a decent game!)

Sunday Nov. 30:

1pm:

49ers at Bills:

Both of these teams are clinging on for dear life, both of these teams have been way worse then they should be this year... both teams have star running backs and up and down passing games and decent defenses...I'm actually kinda into this game (but then again I gotta e because the Bills fan lacks the guts to watch his team LIVE like he should!!!)... Buffalo really really REALLY needs this game, but it's gonna be close me thinks....

Prediction: Bills

Game Quality: ** 3/4 (Gore had a BAD week last week... tie for VENGEANCE!!)

Ravens at Bengals:

Ugh, they still let the Bengals suit up on Sundays?? NEXT

Prediction: Ravens

Game Quality: * (I don't care if the Ravens ain't won in 100 years there, Cinci has NO CHANCE)

Saints at Tampa:

NOW WE'RE TALKING!!! If the Saints lose they are DONE with the playoffs.... but no one loses at home in the NFC South... Reggie Bush really really REALLY promises to play this week he SWEARS, and it doesn't matter because Drew Brees is having a legit MVP-level season, this game is pretty big! People are also dismissing Tampa because they do it in a kinda boring, under the hood kinda way... no big name offense ... no "exciting" players... :blahblah: :blahblah: ... this game better be on in front of me at 1!

Prediction: Saints (just a gut feeling)

Game Quality: *** 1/2

NY Giants at Washington:

The Giants are almost in the ever-dangerous "cruise control" mode of the season while their opponents are fighting for their seasons now... and the Giants are resting some players it seems (don't forget how Jacobs beat up the Redskins in that game the Skins didn't seem ready for NFL Football in)... while the Redskins are now in a balls-out DOGFIGHT for Wild Card Spots (which seems absurd, you're 7-4 and you should be safe)

and I can't tell if it's bias (though I did pick them last week).... intuition.... or my tend to take the team that needs the game more... whatever...I just hope Clinton Portis gets me 200 yards and keeps the playoff dream alive for me and them!

Prediction: Redskins

Game Quality: *** 3/4

Miami at St. Louis:

This is a must-win for Miami if they want to keep the playoff dream alive (and bounce back from an ugly result last week against the Pats), and the Jim Hazlet magic has worn off in a HURRY (not to start a sh!t storm, because I NEVER do that... and people just read this for my Giants and Jets insults anyway, but if I'm Jim Hazlet I'd consider a law suit against the NFL since he had a contract extension signed but the league voided it because he's NOT BLACK... turn it any way you want this is the case... and now that his team has sh!t the bed he's outta work next year)... I got nothin else on this game

Prediction: Miami

Game Quality: *

Indy at Cleveland:

Well at least Brady Quinn is out for the season and the better guy goes back into the QB slot...but don't worry... Brady Quinn will be back to suck next year (assuming Romeo has his job)... and yeah the Colts seem kinda.... back (and in the playoffs SOMEHOW :blink: ).... I don't care if it's the Day After Tomorrow type weather in Cleveland, the Colts are winning this one :P

Prediction: Colts

Game Quality: **

Carolina at Green Bay:

Green Bay HAS to be thinking ANOTHER NFC SOUTH TEAM!?!?!? But this one is HUGE... Green Bay can NOT lay another egg like they did last week (and Lance Moore deserves a bout of AIDS for killing my playoff push :rant:)... Carolina is spotty, if not flat out BAD on the road (one week it's Delhomme... next week it's the D, for whatever reason that team can NOT put it all together....)... either way this should be kinda fun, get this on the damn TV too it's a BIG GAME dammit!!! I get the feeling a few Delhomme passes are gonna end up in angry Packers defenders who want to put Monday FAR behind them!

Prediction: Packers

Game Quality: ***

4pm:

Atlanta at San Diego:

Heh, 4 months ago this was a Chargers squash... now it's more a test to see if the Falcons can take their playoff push on the road.... but thanks to the Broncos the Chargers can still sniff the AFC West Title. You gotta think this is a house money game for the 7-4 Falcons ... this is a MUST win (and it is the time of year you can use that word and mean it) for the struggling Chargers.... so I'll err on the side of the desperate!

Prediction: Chargers (a Falcon win would be no shock, the Chargers are ROUGH to read)

Game Quality: ***

Denver at NY Jets:

An AFC Title rematch from a million years ago (and the only time I ever left a bar early during a football Sunday... the Jets went up 10-0 and fans went BAT sh!t, cheering and tossing and throwing sh!t and all this crazy stuff I wanted NO part of being around.... I can only imagine what happened when reality came back and they LOST that game eh :P)....10 years later and this game may have just as much on the line.... Denver is toying with San Diego kinda like the hot chick who keeps the guy around because she's using him by deluding him into thinking she has a shot till the next guy comes along... and yeah you live in this area you hear all the crap about the football teams so I ain't fueling the fire, I'm just planning for my football exile come January...the Jets are probably the better team (no one seems to care that the Broncos have a running game in Hillis, and Denver has the better offense), but I think I need to start running with the whole the Sports Gods hate me and are unleashing their fury upon thee theory here....

Prediction: Jets and like 80 total points

Game Quality: ****

Steelers at Patriots:

Talk about an AFC Title Slobberknocker rematch!!! This should be interesting still... Steelers dumb dumbs are still talking sh!t and saying they will win... but I keep doubting the Steelers... they don't impress you much, more so on offense... unless you're Mewlede Moore or something.. while Matt Cassel is looking like Tom Brady 2.0 (though you're a moron if you're talking about trading Tom Brady... remember Scott Mitchell? Exactly :P)... either way sit back and ENJOY this one... it's a fascinating game!

Prediction: Pats, the Evil Empire moves on.....

Game Quality: ****

Chiefs at Raiders:

Ewww... someone has to win this right?? If the Raiders win and San Diego loses the Raiders go to Second Place... why not?? Let's make the AFC West a bigger joke!!!

Prediction: Raiders

Game Quality: WHY ARE YOU WATCHING THIS!??!?!?! :unsure:

8:15pm:

Bears at Vikings:

So after a Sunday of all that fun pretty football... you GET THIS for dessert... yuck!! I have no faith or belief in the Vikings at all... and the Age of Orton in Chicago (I love wrestling references that don't look like wrestling references!) keeps rolling on... Matt Forte is playing great, the Bears D is eh, but that's ok the Vikings offense is eh, times 2 :P... Good even matchup with lots of playoff meanings here... so it should be a decent enough game with some comic-level mistakes to chuckle at!

Prediction: Bears

Game Quality: ** 3/4

Monday December 1:

Jaguars at Texans:

This game needed to be two weeks ago :P...Both of these teams are all but buried, but the Texans are playing improved and it should mean a bit more to them being home and trying to establish themselves (Jacksonville has kinda done that already, no one thinks this team won't be back next year) I'll watch the second half of this after we fast forward through Raw and the like and Heroes too of course (hey it's no "the Shield"... but then again it's still on the air :P)... you could do worse then to watch this game... shame the playoff chase left these teams already....

Prediction: Texicans

Game Quality: **

Edited by CRASHER

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about San Diego?? :lol:

Vegas has had some horrible lines this year. I've taken advantage of them for a little while now. They really favour the home teams when the road teams have done a great job all year, except against the NFC South. I'm taking Carolina getting 3.5 points any day of the week. I'm taking Pittsburgh getting 2.5 points in New England without Brady.

stinker by the jets. hopefully that's the last....

4 more weeks to go :boogie::giggle:

Nice to see the wheels come off the bandwagon (for a week at least... not a piece of green in the bar!)