Beyond the Crease

Jimmy Leeds

Anyone read Marty's book?

I found it to be pretty boring. I'm glad I got it from my library and didn't buy it.

Is Chico's any better?

I bought it, but only because Brodeur was signing it for free w/book purchase.

I did read it as well, but i thought there to be too much about the Oympics in it. I borrowed my sig line from that book though, and i enjoyed the part where the Devils thought Gomez to be overweight.

Chico's book is more short story tales, not a book that captivates you. One fan i talked to said it read like a children's book lol.

I read Marty's book...he's really not the greatest writer. Clearly his hold on English isn't as great as it could be, a lot of it seems edited/written by Damien Cox. Also, it jumps around a lot, there's nearly no flow to it.

Haven't read Chico's book, but I own it and it's on my list.

I loved it, but then again I live and die by Marty so, you know...

amen!! he could've wrote about paint drying and i would have thought it was the most brilliant thing ever. i did enjoy reading that he has tattoos though...sexxyyyy :uni:

I loved it, but then again I live and die by Marty so, you know...

oh yeah and i had a question...i joined this board awhile ago but havent had time to really look around til recently, how do you become the "keeper" of stuff???

amen!! he could've wrote about paint drying and i would have thought it was the most brilliant thing ever. i did enjoy reading that he has tattoos though...sexxyyyy :uni:

oh yeah and i had a question...i joined this board awhile ago but havent had time to really look around til recently, how do you become the "keeper" of stuff???

http://njdevs.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=27942

You go there, and you post what you want to be keeper of. Make sure to look over the front page and see if it's taken--there are plenty of things taken already. Ctrl+F is your friend ;).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I got it for Xmas, It was a good book but I would agree that it had no flow. Hes a normal person which I think doesn't make it as enjoyable. Now if a guy along the lines of a Bob Probert wrote a book it be more intresting. A lil off topic but I also read Slash's (GNR guitarist) book and that was fun because he was on all kinds of drugs and he was a weirdo. I think Riley Cote should write a book cuz hes a crazy sob. (If he has enough braincells from taking beatings left).

I enjoyed both Marty's and Chico's book. I was wondering about the book that was sold at the Rock last season. Anybody pick that up?