Greene has solid return; Leach steps up.

SatansDevils

Glad to see Greene back in the line up and he left off where he was before he broke his hand. That is good news for the Devils PP and their defense core. Leach has been getting better and better with each game. his size is huge and he does not back down. he had a tough outing with Neal tonight who is one of the toughest guys in the NHL. Good for Leach.

http://njmg.typepad.com/devilsblog/

Greene has solid return; Leach steps up

Devils defenseman Andy Greene said he exceeded his own expectations in his first game back since breaking his right hand on Oct. 29. He played 14:06 and had a plus-one defensive rating for the night. He also nearly scored a goal with a left point shot that hit the right post in the first period.

"I felt good," he said. "I felt a little better than I thought I was going to feel, to tell you the truth. I just tried to keep it simple and not get caught running around. I felt good."

Devils coach Brent Sutter was pleased with Greene's play too.

"First game back, I thought he was steady," Sutter said. "He hasn't played in quite some time. It was close to seven weeks or more. It takes a toll. There was a little bit of rust there, but I thought he did a pretty good job for his first game back."

It's a who needs Marty attitude.

I don't think it's that. I think they realized they can't always make the goaltender have to come up with a huge save. Clemmer has been playing great but he's no Marty, no one is. I think the D realized it and they're trying not to make Clemmer have to come up with big save after big save. If they continue to play this way when Marty gets back we'll be in great shape.

It's a who needs Marty attitude.
I think its the opppsite. The "oh sh!t, no marty, we need to play the best hocey of our lifes" attitude

Either way, the big question is if they will keep that attitude when Marty returns. I think the answer to that question determines if the Devs are legitimate cup contenders or a second-round knockout.

I still think this teams play differently with Clemmenson. With Brodeur and Weekes they go in a shell. With Clemmenson in nets, its defintely a faster pace game which leads to larger scores, but more importantly, we're getting the wins. I think Weekes is the better goalie, but until I see something different - Clemmenson is the best fit for our team right now.

Weekes lets in 2 goals, we're screwed.

Clemmenson lets in 3,4,5 we win...

Edited by aylbert