Does Anyone Know What Burns Was Saying To Elias...

Rock

How about....

"EH"...pause...pause.... "What's your name?, .....whatever..... #26, since you can't seem to hit the net, how about go out there and check your man and play some defense. If you think those fancy moves of yours have any fizz on my mind you are dead wrong."

fizz on my mind...heh heh... that ones a keeper huh? :lol:

I'd like to hear Burns say "you think that blows my skirt up" 'cause, I don't know -- I can really see the guy in a kilt! [ :o ]

anyhow, maybe he was asking if he was going to Houlihan's after the game? B)

or asking for a ride or something? :huh:

or maybe he was saying "Sorry for calling you the blank Czec little buddy -- that was uncalled for" :evil:

Ask a legitimate question and it becomes fodder for everyone's one-liners. Sheesh! :(

I only asked because of the concern I had, I've never seen Burns do that during a game before. Even when he yells at the refs or during a Devils timeout late in a game they are behind, he doesn't come out from behind the bench.

"There are no Boston infidels in Jersey. Never!"

"My feelings - as usual - we will defeat them all in 4 games"

"Our initial assessment is that they were defeated in 4 games only"

"I blame Metro - they are marketing for the Rangers!"

"God will roast their stomachs in hell at the hands of the Devils."

"They're coming to surrender or be burned in their Skates."

"No I am not scared, and neither should you be!"

"Be assured. Marty is safe, protected"

"Who are in control, they are not in control of anything - they don't even control themselves!"

Pat Burns - The New Jersey Information Minister :clap:

Ask a legitimate question and it becomes fodder for everyone's one-liners. Sheesh! :(

I only asked because of the concern I had, I've never seen Burns do that during a game before. Even when he yells at the refs or during a Devils timeout late in a game they are behind, he doesn't come out from behind the bench.

I'm sorry Rock. I have had the same thing happen to me. Ask a question about hockey and next thing you know it's about sex or something like that.

I did not notice that conversation. Did Elias go onto the ice right after it? Did Burns look mad?

In all honesty, I bashed Elias' lack of performance in game 4 and have to say despite his inability to put the biscuit in the basket, he skated with a little more ummph and desire in game 5....I hope it continues.

I would love to see him get over the hump and sink a few, but I cant complain when he at least looks like he cares and is trying.

I'd love to see him come out possesed. Can anyone remember back to the begining of the year to game three against the Predators? Elias, who had just made the proclaimation that he wanted and deserved to wear the "A", got a penalty late in the game for an illegal stick, which allowed the Predators to tie it up and send the game to overtime. He started the overtime absolutely possesed and determined to make ammends, he came out and sunk the game winner like a minute into it. I thought "wow" this guy is gonna have a tremendous season if he continues to play like that. and deserves the "A"....Well, he didnt and he didnt,and now Im not sure he does.....I hope I'm wrong again.

Sorry, 'bout that, Rock. But I watched the tapes of the post-game interview w/Burns and nobody asked him about it.

Look at it this way, if it hadn't been for all the fun we're having, it would be a very short thread. One or two people would tell you "no" and that would be it. ;)

Rock you should have known! Although I do like msweet's, sounds about right to what I would think (WCDF, yours was good!). Mayeb just going over a last minute detail on a play? Depends if he looked pissed or not I suppose. Well he always looks pissed but to what degree.

Drew lighten up. The world is round, it does turn and more than likely you will wake up tomorrow.

Rock you should have known! Although I do like msweet's, sounds about right to what I would think (WCDF, yours was good!). Mayeb just going over a last minute detail on a play? Depends if he looked pissed or not I suppose. Well he always looks pissed but to what degree.

Drew lighten up. The world is round, it does turn and more than likely you will wake up tomorrow.

I'm sorry Rock. I have had the same thing happen to me. Ask a question about hockey and next thing you know it's about sex or something like that.

I did not notice that conversation. Did Elias go onto the ice right after it? Did Burns look mad?

It was during the last TV timeout. Faceoff would be in the Devils zone.(YMCA was blaring over the loudspeakers.) From my seat Burns didn't appear mad(Does he ever look happy?) but there was a lot of arm motions by both parties. Elias and his line were to stay on the ice, but at the end of the timeout, Boston sent out Thornton. Elias quickly got on the bench and the Madden line came off it. If they were discussing a play it was negated by O'Connell finally sending Thornton's line out after a TV timeout. :lol: