Doc named to top 50 sports announcers of all time

Daniel

I stopped reading at "2. John Madden"

It looks like it was more of an importance/name recognition thing. Whether or not you can stand Madden, everybody associates him with football. Same with Billy Packer and March Madness, even though I doubt you could find anyone who can stand him at this point. Considering how far hockey has fallen in America, it's a testament to Doc's talent that he's even on the list.

I'm surprised that Don Cherry didn't make it. Sure, he's a belligerent, inarticulate, xenophobic, blowhard, but the man's a broadcasting legend. If Terry Bradshaw, John Madden (who I like), and Chris Berman deserve to be on that list then so to does Grapes.

Arguments can also be made for one, Glen "Chico" Resch...

I'm surprised that Don Cherry didn't make it. Sure, he's a belligerent, inarticulate, xenophobic, blowhard, but the man's a broadcasting legend. If Terry Bradshaw, John Madden (who I like), and Chris Berman deserve to be on that list then so to does Grapes.

I don't think Don Cherry is really known outside of the Great White North and the hockey community... Meanwhile, Mike Tirico and Dan Patrick? Seriously?

It was pretty American heavy, which takes out Cherry. Chico has no national recognition, though he i sbetter than a lot of the idiots who made the cut.