Don't read anything into Sutter's future

Devils731

http://njmg.typepad.com/devilsblog/2009/03...ers-future.html

I was reluctant to ask Devils coach Brent Sutter about it again, but after the story in the National Post in Canada made it seem like he might be leaning toward leaving the Devils after this season, I brought it up to him again after today's morning skate.

"That's not the case," Sutter said when I asked him if some people's perception that he might be leaving was true. "I evaluate my situation at the end of each year and I always have. People have asked me, 'Is it hard being away from the hockey team (the Red Deer Rebels)? Is it hard being away from my family?' Yeah, it is. But it was hard last year and if I stay it will be hard next year. What I said is I'm going to re-evaluate at the end of the year, which I did last year and which I've done since 1999. That's how I approach it.

I don't find Sutter's take interesting or unusual but I figure the people who seemed fairly certain Sutter was leaving because of other news reports would like to see this.

meh, move the family & team east and call them the Red Bank Rebels and all will be settled !

LOL- the Red Bank Rebels. Clever. I also found this little piece on our old friend David Hale:

I asked former Devil David Hale what it was like being coached by Wayne Gretzky, the NHL's all-time leader in goals, assists and points.

"It's exactly what it is," he said. "It's being coached by Wayne Gretzky. It's definitely an experience. I don't know if he has an influence on producttion and I don't know if it's luck of the draw, but I happened to get my first goal this year."

That was mostly a joke, but Hale finally scored his first NHL goal on Nov. 26 against Columbus. Now, he's got three.

"He's a machine now. He's got (three)," Gretzky said laughing. "He's a great kid, though. He's been good with our young guys."

Proof that once again you cannot stop David Hale. You can't even hope to contain him. :P

Edited by MadDog2020

LOL- the Red Bank Rebels. Clever. I also found this little piece on our old friend David Hale:

I asked former Devil David Hale what it was like being coached by Wayne Gretzky, the NHL's all-time leader in goals, assists and points.

"It's exactly what it is," he said. "It's being coached by Wayne Gretzky. It's definitely an experience. I don't know if he has an influence on producttion and I don't know if it's luck of the draw, but I happened to get my first goal this year."

That was mostly a joke, but Hale finally scored his first NHL goal on Nov. 26 against Columbus. Now, he's got three.

"He's a machine now. He's got (three)," Gretzky said laughing. "He's a great kid, though. He's been good with our young guys."

Proof that once again you cannot stop David Hale. You can't even hope to contain him. :P

Marty will shut him down.

Lets worry about THIS season and when THIS season is over then worry about next season. I really do not think Sutter is going anywhere. he is under contract and have to believe he will remain here in New Jersey as he knows he has something special going with this team. Win a couple of SCC, then he can leave or do what ever he wants. :P

No need to get all worked up and worry about Sutter NOW. :doh1:

And he's not moving his family...why?

As a Canadian who moved from Canada to Boston and back to Canada, I am not surprised. USA is a great country, but not nearly a good a place to live as Canada. There are lots of reasons, but number one in my books is FREE HEALTH CARE.

As a Canadian who moved from Canada to Boston and back to Canada, I am not surprised. USA is a great country, but not nearly a good a place to live as Canada. There are lots of reasons, but number one in my books is FREE HEALTH CARE.

I sure that is Sutter's reason for wanting to go back are the healthcare costs in NJ

It has nothing to do with that. He hasn't moved his family because his daughter is in high school, and he wanted to let her finish school where she started. Completely understandable. I- and I'm sure many others here- would make the same decision without much thought.

It has nothing to do with that. He hasn't moved his family because his daughter is in high school, and he wanted to let her finish school where she started. Completely understandable. I- and I'm sure many others here- would make the same decision without much thought.

bingo

Free health care has nothing to do with why Sutter won't move his family here. Sutter has lots of money and could afford the best health care in the world if anyone in his family needs it. As a matter of fact, I'm sure if one of his family got seriously ill in Canada he may well fly them to the US where if you have money, you get to jump to the head of the health care queue ahead of all those stupid poor people who don't even deserve to be treated like in Canada. (note the heavy dose of sarcasm)