Brick City Bar and Grill

MadDog2020

Okay guys- I was thinking of stopping in there tomorrow for dinner before the game. However, I just read some rather sh!tty reviews on the place. While the food is supposedly pretty good, the reviews I read said the service is AWFUL. I was wondering if anyone here has had similar lousy experiences there, or what genral opinions are from anyone who has been there, as I have yet to give it a try. Thanks in advance.

I still think Arena Lounge is the best. Really friendly staff, good food, food comes out fast, and a good atmosphere.

<insert bartender obsession comment here> B )

I was drunk and thought one of the bartenders was hot. (This was before the game). Gave Amy my phone number on a napkin and told her to give it to the bartender and I went outside because I'm shy.

This happened before the 1-0 game against Boston. Crasher brings it up pretty much every day.

<<insert comment about Crasher's obsession of an event that wasn't a big deal but he won't let it go>>

I'm not sure what happened with you, but if it's anything like what happened with the two girls he gave my seat to at the game against the Rags, prepare to never live it down. :rolleyes:

As for BCB&G, I can only speak from my experience at the bar (never sat in the dining room). I haven't had any problems. It's also one of only two of the Devils pregame bars where I've actually gotten a kickback (The Spot being the other).

I'm not sure what happened with you, but if it's anything like what happened with the two girls he gave my seat to at the game against the Rags, prepare to never live it down. :rolleyes:

Hey that was a pitiful display too (and damn I had forgotten THAT :P)

But hey if nothing else... I AM consistent!! :whistling: :whistling:

I heard the cheapest beer at BCBG is $5..... screw that.

Hells kitchen... $1.75

Arena lounge... $3

The arena lounge is not bad... every night before a devils game it is packed with devils fans.

Hells' kitchen is good too.

Edited by overtime98

Okay guys- I was thinking of stopping in there tomorrow for dinner before the game. However, I just read some rather sh!tty reviews on the place. While the food is supposedly pretty good, the reviews I read said the service is AWFUL. I was wondering if anyone here has had similar lousy experiences there, or what genral opinions are from anyone who has been there, as I have yet to give it a try. Thanks in advance.

If you have plenty of time and are able to focus your chi long enough to not kill someone, the sometimes notoriously-long wait is well worth it (the service is getting better than it has been, though). It's kind of hard for me to choose what my favorite item on their menu is, because nearly everything is good. In a jam, I'd just close my eyes and point at something in the burger section.

For all things going on in downtown Newark, including food reviews, go here:

http://glocallynewark.com/wordpress/

Eaten their three times. Food has always been good to very good. Service has been good first two times. Last time had some guy, sounded French, dark hair dark glasses. Saw him once, after that needed a flare gun to get his attention.

I had him the last time I went there too and he literally looked right at me when I was trying to get his attention and turned and walked away. He was friendly when dealing with us but wanted no part of serving us after the food came out.

Anyway, the food is great. Brick City Backyard BBQ Burger is my favorite burger of all time now. Don't get the appetizer sampler. It's a ripoff. I probably wouldn't go there to do a lot of drinking, but it's probably got the best food in the immediate area around the arena.

I really want to try a burger there now after reading the responses here and the reviews... but if there is one thing I hate, it's sh!tty restaurant service. A bit torn. If anyone else has feedback, keep it coming and thanks for the responses so far!

Hey I've been to all the aforementioned places in this thread. The thing with Brick City Bar and Grill is that its a nice place, but you will be paying for it. The bar is definitely the classiest of the arena bars in Newark. But, in exchange, be prepared to pay more for the beers and the food. I haven't ever had bad service, and in fact I would have rated the service as excellent.

I really want to try a burger there now after reading the responses here and the reviews... but if there is one thing I hate, it's sh!tty restaurant service. A bit torn. If anyone else has feedback, keep it coming and thanks for the responses so far!

I feel like they have a few girls there they hired because they are hot and can't handle the service industry and they have a few others that are fine. I don't feel like i have ever heard complaints about the bar area, just that they have some dumb/lazy servers in the restaurant. Although, I have gone and gotten stuff messed up, complained and had things comped...so there is a good side to it.

MD, the food @ the BCB&G is awesome. They have a really great menu and selections of alcohol too especiall their draft beers. I recommend the place and go there all the time. It is my favorite place to be before and after a Devils game. Hells' Kitchen is another good place too and rank that 2nd behind the BCB&G.

which of the bars has the best wings? there is where i'll make my decision!

That would be Hells' Kitchen Mike.

which of the bars has the best wings? there is where i'll make my decision!

Scully's Guiness wings are by far the best wings in the area. I had them opening night this year, and they are awesome. I'm not even a big Guiness drinker(more of a Bud Light guy) but these wings are amazing.