Jimmy Rollins

Chase Utley

Ryan Howard

Jason Werth

Raul Ibanez

Pedro Feliz

Carlos Ruiz

Pitcher

Should be another good and very passionate 2009-2010 season, especially with the los mets

Edited by Verran12

Likely Starting Rotation:

Cole Hamels - ace of your staff

Brett Myers - too inconsistent be your #2, of course if he repeats his late 2008 success he'll be fine.

Joe Blanton - Was very solid in the NL, I just cant set that honestly lasting very long

Jamie Moyer - Just getting older, hes a HUGE piece to your rotation b/c you really cant bank on Myers/Blanton being above average.

Chang Ho Park/Kyle Kendrix/ J.A. Happ - The sooner you get rid of CHP, the better, its as simple as that.

Likely Lineup:

Shane Victorino

Jimmy Rollins

Chase Utley

Ryan Howard

Jason Werth

Raul Ibanez

Pedro Feliz

Carlos Ruiz

Pitcher

- Big year for Werth, hes the key in breaking up your lefty hitters.. if hes not above average, you guys might struggle b/c its so lefty-heavy in the middle.. you also really need Victorino to repeat his successful 2008 season

Should be another good and very passionate 2009-2010 season, especially with the los mets

- Good luck! LETS GO METS ;)

touche! (sorry for posts in quotes.. i know people whine about that alot)

Does Brad Lidge still play for the Phillies ?

Yeah and he is better then ever.

touche! (sorry for posts in quotes.. i know people whine about that alot)

most of that is true. Should be another good year, battling for the top spot in the East.

Looking forward to the arguments with you met fans

Yeah and he is better then ever.

most of that is true. Should be another good year, battling for the top spot in the East.

Looking forward to the arguments with you met fans

The Phils have a great team and I like the ballpark as it's great place to see a game with the family. Other than that, the only thing that Filthy has going for it is it's one of two cities were there is a mass exodus to (the other Detroit) anywhere else in the country.. even NJ!

Anywho..Hammels, Rollins, Howard and Utley is amazing. Long season and I now like the 2 year deal for Gaylord Perry (lol) that was signed during FA as pitching is lean right now.

Phils are fun to watch in that bandbox so enjoy them as teams like that don't come around all that often.

lol bold statement. Ill send you money if he doesn't blow a save all year.

Haha, I was thinking about saying that he has not blown a save all last year but then I did not want to jinx it.

And arena, your absolutely right, Citizens Bank Park is a great place to see a game with your family and children and just anyone in general. The stadium was voted best food out of any sports arena last year. Plus you have the choice of a Rick's Cheese steak or a Tony Luc's steak. Cheap too with good parking.

I can get to the games in about an hour and for night games I can get back in 45 minutes with no traffic.

Edited by Verran12

Haha, I was thinking about saying that he has not blown a save all last year but then I did not want to jinx it.

And arena, your absolutely right, Citizens Bank Park is a great place to see a game with your family and children and just anyone in general. The stadium was voted best food out of any sports arena last year. Plus you have the choice of a Rick's Cheese steak or a Tony Luc's steak. Cheap too with good parking.

I can get to the games in about an hour and for night games I can get back in 45 minutes with no traffic.

I've been to CBP three times for Mets-Phils games...with my '99 Mike Piazza jersey. Contrary to popular belief, the Phillie fans were actually pretty cool to me. No trouble at all.

CBP is a terrific building...I used to go to Mets-Phils games in the late 80s-early 90s all the time at the Vet. No comparison, to say the least! Have you checked out CitiField yet? It has a similar feel to CBP.

Anyway Mets are 1-0 and the Phils are 0-1...so what does that make the Mets' magic number?

I've been to CBP three times for Mets-Phils games...with my '99 Mike Piazza jersey. Contrary to popular belief, the Phillie fans were actually pretty cool to me. No trouble at all.

CBP is a terrific building...I used to go to Mets-Phils games in the late 80s-early 90s all the time at the Vet. No comparison, to say the least! Have you checked out CitiField yet? It has a similar feel to CBP.

Anyway Mets are 1-0 and the Phils are 0-1...so what does that make the Mets' magic number?

Im dieing to go to CBP and be around all the Mets fans that always make the trip (or live there).. Im hoping to go to a PHI/NYM game this Summer

Im dieing to go to CBP and be around all the Mets fans that always make the trip (or live there).. Im hoping to go to a PHI/NYM game this Summer

I have been to a good amount of Mets-Phillies games and there are not as many met fans as you would think. And I have not seen anything about Citi Field, hopefully it is better then the sh!thole known as Shea.

I have been to a good amount of Mets-Phillies games and there are not as many met fans as you would think. And I have not seen anything about Citi Field, hopefully it is better then the sh!thole known as Shea.
t

So have I, and there are a LOT of Met fans. Always have been. At least 35%.

And yeah, I think it's safe to say that CitiField is just a little nicer than Shea...DUH! It was pretty bad, but I have a pretty good inkling that you've never even been to Shea.

Anyway, to make it simple:

What CBP is to Veterans Stadium,

CitiField is to Shea.

t

So have I, and there are a LOT of Met fans. Always have been. At least 35%.

And yeah, I think it's safe to say that CitiField is just a little nicer than Shea...DUH! It was pretty bad, but I have a pretty good inkling that you've never even been to Shea.

Anyway, to make it simple:

What CBP is to Veterans Stadium,

CitiField is to Shea.

I love the 'Lets Go Mets!' chants that arise from the crowd, ie: when Murphy got that huge hit off of Lidge last year.

I love the 'Lets Go Mets!' chants that arise from the crowd, ie: when Murphy got that huge hit off of Lidge last year.

They definitely make their presence felt. And for some reason, Phillie fans seem to be much more passive and mellow than Flyer and Eagle fans. That's not a slight on Phillie fans...when I've gone to CBP they've been cool to me, and I've had some nice conversations with them. I don't see fights breaking out like I do at the Rock when Flyer fans show up.

Chan Ho Park is already almost at 50 pitches through the first inning .. 4 runs, all earned on 5 hits.. Verran, why on earth is he your #5 again? And people whined about Livan being the Mets' #5, ha.... As I said, the sooner Philly dumps him, the better.

Chan Ho Park is already almost at 50 pitches through the first inning .. 4 runs, all earned on 5 hits.. Verran, why on earth is he your #5 again? And people whined about Livan being the Mets' #5, ha.... As I said, the sooner Philly dumps him, the better.

I was hoping Park would be a bullpen guy, hopefully this will get the point across that he should not be a starter. I like Kyle Kendrick as our 5th, he is hittable but usually keeps the games at a reach.

Maybe Park will be able to only give up 4 runs the rest of the day.

And your Mets fvcked up my betting, come on Sabathia cant beat Jack Johnson.

I was hoping Park would be a bullpen guy, hopefully this will get the point across that he should not be a starter. I like Kyle Kendrick as our 5th, he is hittable but usually keeps the games at a reach.

Maybe Park will be able to only give up 4 runs the rest of the day.

And your Mets fvcked up my betting, come on Sabathia cant beat Jack Johnson.

CHP is a guy that should be on no major league roster. I think J.A. Happ should be your #5, didn't Kenrick get hit pretty hard in ST?

btw you got the names totally wrong .. Sabathia is on the Yanks, Santana is on the Mets .. Jack Johnson? You mean Josh Johnson? Hes a darkhorse to win the NL Cy Young IMO, if he stays healthy.

edit: and technically, Santana was more dominant.. it was the poor Mets defense that let him .. Santana went 7 innings, NO earned runs, and 13 Ks.

Edited by nmigliore

CHP is a guy that should be on no major league roster. I think J.A. Happ should be your #5, didn't Kenrick get hit pretty hard in ST?

btw you got the names totally wrong .. Sabathia is on the Yanks, Santana is on the Mets .. Jack Johnson? You mean Josh Johnson? Hes a darkhorse to win the NL Cy Young IMO, if he stays healthy.

edit: and technically, Santana was more dominant.. it was the poor Mets defense that let him .. Santana went 7 innings, NO earned runs, and 13 Ks.

Yeah I realized that I messed up the names. The Mets this year are giving Santana no run support, when he started against the Reds, the Mets I think only scored 2 runs.

And Yes I do like J.A. Happ as well, but he is also good for the bullpen.

Edited by Verran12

Yeah I realized that I messed up the names. The Mets this year are giving Santana no run support, when he started against the Reds, the Mets I think only scored 2 runs.

And Yes I do like J.A. Happ as well, but he is also good for the bullpen.

im not worried about run support. our offense will produce (fwiw we are 6th in the NL in runs scored so far this year), we just ran into a great pitcher today. its our rotation that can be an issue. but how about Johan being in mid-season form? Santana: 2 starts, 1-1, 0.71 ERA, 11.1 K/9

what is Happ's role in the bullpen? It cant be long relief, is it? Because Durbin is your LR..

edit: perhaps Philly will use CHP for half the season, then look to call up their top pitching prospect Carlos Carrasco? This is something the Mets are likely to do with Jon Niese depending on how Livan is pitching and how Niese is pitching in AAA.

Edited by nmigliore

Brad Lidge has struggled early on for the Phillies .. and he just blew a save vs SD, AND gave up the lead... hes now sporting a 9.45 ERA.. not so perfect this year, huh?

No but I think the save streak of perfection was wearing on him, and he'll be better now that the weight is off. Of course if he struggles in his next outing or two as well...

No but I think the save streak of perfection was wearing on him, and he'll be better now that the weight is off. Of course if he struggles in his next outing or two as well...

Bullpens are such a year-to-year thing now. It's so hard to build one that produces year after year.