It Would Be Nice To See A Scott Stevens Cruncher

LIDevsFan1

A big Stevens open-ice hit would be a nice momentum swing.

But not necessary for NJ to win the series.

It's not the momentum from the hit that would win the series... it's the permanent removal of Alfresson, Hosa, or Havlat that would help.

A big Stevens open-ice hit would be a nice momentum swing.

But not necessary for NJ to win the series.

It's not the momentum from the hit that would win the series... it's the permanent removal of Alfresson, Hosa, or Havlat that would help.

Heh. Heh.

All's fair in HOCKEY!!!

What goes around comes around. Maybe it's madden or Langenbrunner tonight. Stevens is getting old, I couldn't believe even Havlat was taking a run at him. He is one of the guys targeted by Ottawa for hits all night long, so don't start the celebrations yet.

What goes around comes around. Maybe it's madden or Langenbrunner tonight. Stevens is getting old, I couldn't believe even Havlat was taking a run at him. He is one of the guys targeted by Ottawa for hits all night long, so don't start the celebrations yet.

There is a bit of arrogance in your posts and I hope a victory tonight would invite you to hold your tongue until after your team has 4 wins. <_<

Fair Point.... Stevens is getting older for sure.

But for almost 20 years teams have been trying to hit on and intimidate Scott Stevens.

I guess you're right.

Tell the Sens players not to worry about the old man. I'm sure he's got almost no punch in him left.

It's interesting though,how Boston, and Tampa changed their entire offensive attack just to avoid crossing the Blue Line in front of Stevens.

IMHO, it's just a matter of time before he "gets" one. But no need to worry, the player who gets hit, never remembers what happened. :evil:

Fair Point.... Stevens is getting older for sure.

But for almost 20 years teams have been trying to hit on and intimidate Scott Stevens.

I guess you're right.

Tell the Sens players not to worry about the old man. I'm sure he's got almost no punch in him left.

It's interesting though,how Boston, and Tampa changed their entire offensive attack just to avoid crossing the Blue Line in front of Stevens.

IMHO, it's just a matter of time before he "gets" one. But no need to worry, the player who gets hit, never remembers what happened. :evil:

:lol::clap:

THat would be nice, and, I hope I'm wrong, methinks Scotts best hits are behind him. Whitey's getting pretty good @ open ice hits too.

Stevens was the master but, he's not as young as he used to be.

Vince

westcoastdevfan

It is not arrogance it's just confidence in the team and the players after following their games all year long. I bet you have the same confidence in the devils but I would not characterise that as arrogance. Just as you believe the devils are going to win tonight, I believe the SENS are going to win. When you talk of Stevens taking someone out of the lineup tonight, I also think it could happen to a devil too, because we have guys who can play dirty too. Stevens can decide to take maybe Chara or Hossa out and the next thing you know, Brodeur is out. This is hockey, things happen no one has the advantage.

westcoastdevfan

It is not arrogance it's just confidence in the team and the players after following their games all year long. I bet you have the same confidence in the devils but I would not characterise that as arrogance. Just as you believe the devils are going to win tonight, I believe the SENS are going to win. When you talk of Stevens taking someone out of the lineup tonight, I also think it could happen to a devil too, because we have guys who can play dirty too. Stevens can decide to take maybe Chara or Hossa out and the next thing you know, Brodeur is out. This is hockey, things happen no one has the advantage.

I love the playoffs. :clap: