Sen. Boxer Instructs Brigadier General ....

What an arrogant ass.

There is one wife in particular at the hospital here who insists on being called "Mrs. Doctor xxxxx", correcting people who call her "Mrs. xxxxx". And he has no respect amongst the medical community. Each time I hear her say it it makes my stomach turn.

OH MY GOD A SENATOR ASKED TO BE CALLED SENATOR!!!!

THERE ARE RIOTS IN IRAN!!!

THE NAVY IS TRACKING A NORTH KOREAN SHIP!!!

THE DOW WENT UP 60 POINTS YESTERDAY!!!!

JON AND KATE ARE GETTING DIVORCED!!!!

OH MY GOD A GENERAL CALLED SOMEONE "MAM" INSTEAD OF SENATOR!!!!

Do you think Sen. Boxer's request was appropriate or rude?

Rude 75%

Appropriate 17%

Neither 7%

Not sure 1%

Total Votes: 91,400

Note on Poll Results

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2009/06/17/pl...l-me-senator%2F

I think even squish would agree 91,400 is a pretty good sample size

1,000, which is a standard amongst real polls is a fine sample size, show me where I said it wasn't, oh wait thats SC making sh!t up again.

But an online poll? really? they are about as credible as you. They are flawed in dozens of ways, would a poll of 90,000 PETA workers give you an accurate depiction of the countries views on animals as a whole?

But an online poll? really? they are about as credible as you. They are flawed in dozens of ways, would a poll of 90,000 PETA workers give you an accurate depiction of the countries views on animals as a whole?

Sorry, didn't have time to go door to door myself. As much as I'd love to ruin another thread listening to your endless moaning I have a flight to catch. I'll resume the lessons on Monday. Study hard this weekend little squish, try to have some opinions of your own on Monday instead of just bashing others.

But have a nice weekend regardless.

What a bitch.

I think it would have been great if he said "yes mam" instead if "yes senator". Stupid thing to throw a fuss over, people too attached to their titles don't deserve them.

"Yes Ma'am, Senator" or "Yes Senator, Ma'am" :evil:

She's got her head focused on the interview details, huh?

Just the kind of "leadership" our country needs.

I have more respect for the Military man then someone liberal who "worked hard" to get elected from CALIFORNIA

:haha2:

Sorry, didn't have time to go door to door myself. As much as I'd love to ruin another thread listening to your endless moaning I have a flight to catch. I'll resume the lessons on Monday. Study hard this weekend little squish, try to have some opinions of your own on Monday instead of just bashing others.

have a good flight

It would be hard for you to understand but in the military he would be a sir and a female officer would be ma'am.

And on the other side you would think a general, someone used to making sure people got titles right as a sign of respect, would extend the courtesy automatically to her.

Can we all agree this is pretty frivolous, both that she stopped the meeting for the correction, and that it is even a "story" to begin with?

Bermuda ?

Enjoy your trip

OH MY GOD A SENATOR ASKED TO BE CALLED SENATOR!!!!

THERE ARE RIOTS IN IRAN!!!

THE NAVY IS TRACKING A NORTH KOREAN SHIP!!!

THE DOW WENT UP 60 POINTS YESTERDAY!!!!

JON AND KATE ARE GETTING DIVORCED!!!!

That lady is ++++

And on the other side you would think a general, someone used to making sure people got titles right as a sign of respect, would extend the courtesy automatically to her.

Can we all agree this is pretty frivolous, both that she stopped the meeting for the correction, and that it is even a "story" to begin with?

No, the General, I am SURE, is accustomed to being called "Sir" when addressed by, well, pretty much everyone. So him using Ma'am was the same as using Senator.

How would it have come off if he, in response, told her "Yes, Senator, and I put some work in on this Star here, so I would appreciate you addressing me as Brigadier General, it is just a thing."?

As for the frivolity, the Senator taking issue with being called Ma'am is the only frivolous thing here. Reporting on her mindset is not. I think it shows her lack of focus on the hearing DETAILS.

Ding! But as we all know, the right-wing media can't get through the day without finding SOMETHING to bash the left about, no matter how insignificant.

I think it was Copper Kettle who said she wasn't so much rude as prickly. I can agree with this. She probably just doesn't like being called "ma'am", maybe she even sees it as condescension even though that's obviously not the general's intent.

maybe she even sees it as condescension even though that's obviously not the general's intent.

then she needs to get her head out of her ass.

Ding! But as we all know, the right-wing media can't get through the day without finding SOMETHING to bash the left about, no matter how insignificant.

I think it was Copper Kettle who said she wasn't so much rude as prickly. I can agree with this. She probably just doesn't like being called "ma'am", maybe she even sees it as condescension even though that's obviously not the general's intent.

Senator Boxer made a request, she also said thank you. My other comment still stands, we don't know how the General addressed the male Senators.

I chalk this up to Stupid Outrage of the Day, or SOD.

Senator Boxer made a request, she also said thank you. My other comment still stands, we don't know how the General addressed the male Senators.

I chalk this up to Stupid Outrage of the Day, or SOD.

LOL, deflect and run as the Senator could have talked to the General offline as they know each other while she just wanted to remind people that she was Sen while he was Gen.

Offline, not on a National stage that will only hurt the Dems in the short and long term. Meanhile, the b^tch and the media (especially in CA), make amends to this story of pure ELITIST CRAP that just exposes her as one of the many fakes in our political beltway.

Obama at 58% approval and dropping!

Edited by arena2004

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.