OPENING DAY BAR CRAWL

DaneykoIsGod

A good bunch of us have Season tickets though!!

At this rate we may need to sell tickets for the effing bar crawl :blink:

Yeah, I know most of you guys are season tix holders. but since we are gonna be drinking together all day, will be kind o fun to watch a game together... Anyway i know is very hard to get ix for probably 20+ to seat together, so I never really take the idea seriously

Did you mean debauchery...?

Or douchery?

:lol:

I guess depending on personalities, they're essentially the same thing. And I know english is not your first language, I'm not making fun of you, it just made me laugh is all. :lol:

Nhe man I never get offend by thing like that. bu don't worry my english improves when I'm Drunk ( At least thats what I suspect)

I hope he meant douchery. That would be fantastic.

yeah thats what I meant "douchery" but "debauchery" would not be bad either :evil:

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I know most of you guys are season tix holders. but since we are gonna be drinking together all day, will be kind o fun to watch a game together... Anyway i know is very hard to get ix for probably 20+ to seat together, so I never really take the idea seriously

Just so we're all clear on this ... everyone is responsible for getting their own tickets to the game. Trying to get this many seats together, especially on Opening Night, is impossible. And even if it was possible, it would put one hell of a strain on some unlucky bastard's credit card.

I don't know if I'm gonna be able to get game tix. Anybody else want to find a bar to watch the game in after the bar crawl part?

• 2 weeks later...

So I was thinking about this last night when I saw them talking about the statue for the Champs Park.... maybe we should dry run this pony show just to make sure since there's gonna be a large crowd. Just a thought.

Hey people.

I actually run the events over at the Arena Lounge. Here's the skinny:

Thanks to management change (and a severe beating) - the old regime's (BS)policy of no jersey is out the friggin door. So please... if you are a Devils like me... wear it proudly and pound a Guinness with us.

Also - on Sept 12 we're going to be partaking in the Devils BBQ happening on Mulberry St - we'll be open all day.

Opening Game: We're opening at 1pm with a BBQ-n-BEER Bash right up to gametime. :-)

I now leave this open to any thoughts on this beer-crawl... I mean bar crawl...

So I was thinking about this last night when I saw them talking about the statue for the Champs Park.... maybe we should dry run this pony show just to make sure since there's gonna be a large crowd. Just a thought.

Great minds think alike. My buddy and I did a dry run before the St. Pat's crawl and we're planning on doing the same this time around. In fact, we're probably gonna do a couple since we're really unfamiliar with so many of the places the Ironbound has to offer. The first will probably take place some time during the first week of September. I'll keep ya'll posted.

Great minds think alike. My buddy and I did a dry run before the St. Pat's crawl and we're planning on doing the same this time around. In fact, we're probably gonna do a couple since we're really unfamiliar with so many of the places the Ironbound has to offer. The first will probably take place some time during the first week of September. I'll keep ya'll posted.

If you need assistance in this practice run I offer myself and a few other beer drinking experts I know to come along and help B )

If you need assistance in this practice run I offer myself and a few other beer drinking experts I know to come along and help B )

I'd suggest doing a dry run for one of the preseason games. Some of us don't know anyone doing this and it would get some of us meeting others before the actual opening night.

I'd suggest doing a dry run for one of the preseason games. Some of us don't know anyone doing this and it would get some of us meeting others before the actual opening night.

Something to add value to a pre-season game (and my vouchers)... hells yeah!!!!

Hey people.

Thanks to management change (and a severe beating) - the old regime's (BS)policy of no jersey is out the friggin door. So please... if you are a Devils like me... wear it proudly and pound a Guinness with us.

Also - on Sept 12 we're going to be partaking in the Devils BBQ happening on Mulberry St - we'll be open all day.

Opening Game: We're opening at 1pm with a BBQ-n-BEER Bash right up to gametime. :-)

Sweet!

Hey people.

Also - on Sept 12 we're going to be partaking in the Devils BBQ happening on Mulberry St - we'll be ope n all day.

If you run the events for Arena Lounge, it's my opinion that a big group of fans on a bar crawl is an actual event and you should offer the bar crawl group a drink special to come to your bar. You can limit it to certain times for the group to get it and make some $$ for your event while the bar crawl group and save some $$ on your discount. Thoughts everyone?

Now by "dry run" y'all don't literally mean "dry", yes? :lol:

Also, I think it's safe to say that we're all alcoholics if there's gonna be a bar crawl before a preseason game.

Not sayin' it's a bad thing, just sayin'.

The "dry" run my buddy and I did before St. Pat's was intended to actually be dry ... but that didn't even last one bar. We ended up getting pretty sloshed. So, yeah, the "dry" part is just in title alone.

We're probably gonna end up doing Run No. 1 sometime next week. Since this is really a play-by-ear kinda thing, it's probably gonna be more wandering around and note-taking than actual drinking (last year's run was mapped out before we even set foot in Newark ... this one is wide open). But company is always welcome. I'll post more when I know more.

And I'm totally down for an actual solid start-to-finish dry run before a preseason game.

The "dry" run my buddy and I did before St. Pat's was intended to actually be dry ... but that didn't even last one bar. We ended up getting pretty sloshed. So, yeah, the "dry" part is just in title alone.

We're probably gonna end up doing Run No. 1 sometime next week. Since this is really a play-by-ear kinda thing, it's probably gonna be more wandering around and note-taking than actual drinking (last year's run was mapped out before we even set foot in Newark ... this one is wide open). But company is always welcome. I'll post more when I know more.

And I'm totally down for an actual solid start-to-finish dry run before a preseason game.

you know how to get me sir when this happens.... I will gladly offer to help with this! :thumbsup:

We can definitely do a beer special for the start of the Bar Crawl NO problem. We're going to have a BBQ as well - so that means - ya'll can pack up on some alcohol padding when you launch the crawl.

We love to kick things off man - so we'll def do a power hour:

How's this sound for starters:

BUD

BUD LIGHT

MILLER LIGHT

GUINNESS

Those are the chosen beers. We can have a price up in no time if ya'll like it.

BBQ suggestions?

We can definitely do a beer special for the start of the Bar Crawl NO problem. We're going to have a BBQ as well - so that means - ya'll can pack up on some alcohol padding when you launch the crawl.

We love to kick things off man - so we'll def do a power hour:

How's this sound for starters:

BUD

BUD LIGHT

MILLER LIGHT

GUINNESS

Those are the chosen beers. We can have a price up in no time if ya'll like it.

BBQ suggestions?

Could ya add Sam Adams to the list??? :pray:

that would swing me for sure B )

Personally I say keep the BBQ simple and go with the classics... burger... dogs... maybe some chicken and sausage

if you can't enjoy that selection you got problems!

Ah.. another Sam's fan. I am a MASSIVE Sam Adams. The Bar, however, is only starting to work on that now. For some reason, not a lot of Sam's fans hit up the place! So the beer moved out slow - and we avoid bad beer at all costs.

But - that doesn't mean I can't work on this.

BBQ: Burgers, Dogs, Chicken Breast, Porksteaks and we'll be sure to add a cool item to this as well.

There are a few pre-season games coming up and a MASSIVE BBQ on the 12th - did ya'll know about that? They are shutting down Mulberry Street.

Ah.. another Sam's fan. I am a MASSIVE Sam Adams. The Bar, however, is only starting to work on that now. For some reason, not a lot of Sam's fans hit up the place! So the beer moved out slow - and we avoid bad beer at all costs.

Please do!! My beer intake has shot up exponentially in the last year and would love to enjoy a Sam or three before Devils games B )

(especially when I can go annoy all my friends on the $10 line after!!!)

BBQ: Burgers, Dogs, Chicken Breast, Porksteaks and we'll be sure to add a cool item to this as well.

There are a few pre-season games coming up and a MASSIVE BBQ on the 12th - did ya'll know about that? They are shutting down Mulberry Street.

Amstel light on tap please!

• 2 weeks later...