2009-2010 New York Jets Thread

RockingTheRed81

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d815bef56&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Deuce McAllister (who hasn't played a game since December 2008) has came out of retirement, and signed a contract with the New Orleans Saints. The Saints have named McAllister one of their Captains, and have; "no plans in ever using him throughout the playoffs." His only role on the roster, is to lead New Orleans out onto the field before games. (and most-likely motivate players on the sidelines aswell)

Despite the campy novelty of New Orleans doing such a publicity stunt (in what is undoubtedly an effort to get McAllister a ring) I absolutely LOVE this idea. If Woody is listening.. mimic this idea ASAP! Pick up the phone.. call Wayne Chrebet.. and inspire your team. Do you know how huge a pump-up job that would be to the Jets? Can you imagine a scenario where the Jets play in the AFC Championships and Curtis Martin is leading the Jets out onto the field!? It would drive the fans into a frenzy.. which would drive the team into a frenzy.. it's a domino effect. It could single handedly will the team to victory.

..*Make it happen Woody! :beerbang::rock:

Woody did just that. :D

"The New York Jets have signed former All-pro running back Curtis Martin to a 3 week deal, with the intentions of being the teams' Honorary Captain for Sunday

I don't like these gimmick contract signings. He can't be on the sideline without a contract?

...it's done in an event of a Championship. McAllister & Martin can be on the sidelines all they want, but they're not part of the team. However, by making them official teammates on the roster (and Captains no less) should either New Orleans or the Jets win the whole thing.. Curtis and\or Deuce would get Superbowl rings. (given the fact, they were officially part of the roster)

...you want to know pressure?

Since November 23rd, 2008.. Matt Stover has kicked a total of 90 FG's & PAT's. He has missed only 3 times throughout that period, posting a 90% FG percentage! "...and I consider Matt Stover one of the better pressure kickers in the league. The guy's been playing for twenty years, he's played in Superbowls, Pro Bowls, he's seen it all." -Rich Eisen.

Matt Stover is considered one of the greatest kickers is the modern era. He holds the NFL's all-time record for most consecutive PAT's, (425) and most consecutive games with a FG (nearly 40) in league history. And he kicks against the Jets this Sunday.

...don't choke Matt. ;)

Edited by Beezer34

...you want to know pressure?

Since November 23rd, 2008.. Matt Stover has kicked a total of 90 FG's & PAT's. He has missed only 3 times throughout that period, posting a 90% FG percentage! "...and I consider Matt Stover one of the better pressure kickers in the league. The guy's been playing for twenty years, he's played in Superbowls, Pro Bowls, he's seen it all." -Rich Eisen.

Matt Stover is considered one of the greatest kickers is the modern era. He holds the NFL's all-time record for most consecutive PAT's, (425) and most consecutive games with a FG (nearly 40) in league history. And he kicks against the Jets this Sunday.

...don't choke Matt. ;)

No team knows the value of Matt Stover than the Ravens. Not signing him this year cost us the #1 seed in the AFC this year. Our three crappy kickers cost us 6 games this year.

Go Matt!!!!

My God, I can't wait till this game is over. The Jets are testing the hockey Gods...

03-257-l.jpg

03-275-l.jpg

...talk about putting the whammy on it, the Jets have opened their preorders should they win the Championship tomorrow. :doh1:

what a tease for jets fans. to see those shirts and hats and to know you can never have them come 7oclock tomor.

Honestly, you've posted in this forum some stupid comments and I let them go, but if you're not a Jets fan and don't have anything intelligent to say why the fvck do you post in this particular topic? BITTER fvckING GIANTS FAN. GROW THE fvck UP.

...this game can't come soon enough, I just want it all to be over.. win or lose.

I fully expect the Jets (emotionally) to be prepared for Indy. The pump'up job before the game from the Jets that aren't playing.. ie; Leon Washington, Kris Jenkins, Larry Izzo, Curtis Martin.. should really spark the rest of the team to go all out, and play with a ton of heart.

As for Sanchez... the time has come! The lead spot in any sport (goalie, pitcher, quarterback) can only be a passenger on a Championship run for so long. Then the time comes when he has to step up to the plate, and make plays to win a game. For Sanchez, that time is NOW. When you include preseason, regular-season, and postseason; today will be Mark's 23rd game as a New York Jet. You gotta believe he's acclimated with the system by now. Sanchez has to play a perfect game for the Jets to win. No overthrow's.. no underthrow's.. no fumble's.. no interception's.. no bad snap's.. no slips.. no trips.. No fvck-up's at all! It was one thing throwing a pick last week against San Diego, but the Colts are not the Chargers. Granted Sanchez has done something that Favre couldn't do, that Pennington couldn't do, that Boomer couldn't do.. and sadly, every other quarterback (other than Namath & Testaverde) has tried to do.... and that's lead the Jets to a Championship game. But he just can't be satisfied with that alone. You never know when you're going to get this opportunity again. They're 1 win away from a Superbowl!!! Sanchez needs to capitalize on this, and do whatever it takes to manufacture a victory today.. BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY! Pull out all the stops. scamble, rush, throw, wildcat, flea'flicker, HB-pass, seminole, the whole nine yards.

JUST DO IT! smiley-gen078.gif

Edited by Beezer34

I mean I view this playoff run as a gift.. We were out and got lucky to be let back into the playoffs..

A lot of times a team (in many sports) will make it far in the playoffs one year and go all the way the next.. Next season will be very exciting!!

Things went the jets way for a long time. this week things turned. feely missed the fg's. all the flags went the colts direction. they made incredible catches and the refs ignored all the holding their offensive line did. the jets went as far as this roster could take them. tantalizingly close.

but ultimately they weren't good enough. The injury to strickland and then to greene really hurt this club. they were just finished offensively when greene went out

Edited by '7'

Well my fellow Jet fans, the clock has officially struck midnight on Cinderella. It's over. It's finally all over.

I want to first and foremost congratulate the Indianapolis Colts, their players, and their entire organization. I am rooting for them to win the Superbowl.. because (like the true fan that I am) I want to know my Jets got beat by the best. As hard as this is to swallow at this moment, I'm trying (best I can) to put the lose out of my mind, and focus on the bigger picture.. the future! Though there have been many heartbreaking moments on this magic carpet ride of a season (and today's lose hurts worst of all) there have been many sweet one's aswell. I can honestly say, I have treasured every single one of the Jets 11 wins this year. Like the little engine that could, the Jets filled their fans with hope right up until the end. This team was not, repeat.. NOT supposed to be here. They were supposed to be an 8-8 team in transition, with a rookie coach & quarterback combo, who come playoff time would be on the outside looking in. Instead we made it all the way to the AFC Championships! We finished 1 win shy of appearing in a Superbowl. One win shy in doing something that hasn't been done since 1969. (not to mention one win shy of a Division Title during the regular season)

The haters can scoff, and talk about the "gifts" the Jets got all they want. (and believe me, they beat that horse to death) However, when you lose 5 games during the regular season by 4 points or less, in the final 10 seconds of the game!?! :unsure: Let's not gimmick the facts here folks. This team could've finished 13-3 had some plays been made throughout those games. Yet still, they handled the adversity long enough to make the playoffs. And come playoff time, we lasted long enough to compete with the best in the Conference. (perhaps best in the league) To play in a Championship game, winner goes to the Superbowl? There's nothing that compares to it. That's what you hope for at the beginning of the season, and that's what the Jets did.

I first realized it all this morning. I was driving to pick up some soda & chips, and I was listening to WFAN. A commercial came on: "The Final Four of the NFL. Who goes to Miami?" All of a sudden, it hit me.. there's only 3 other teams remaining besides the Jets. Did any Jet fan think the run that they went on (winning 7 out of the last 9) was even remotely conceivable, when the Jets were 4-6 in November? :noclue: I remember the whispered conversation I had with fellow Jet fans during Thanksgiving, and it had nothing to do with the Jets having a successful season. In fact, it was more like; *Hey let's tank the rest of the way for a high draft pick next year.* <--But despite the popular belief, this team did well. And yet, as well as the Jets did, the injury bug, perhaps, stopped us from doing even more. There's been alot of talk from fans that the Jets "beat Indy's back-up's in Week 16." So tell me, just who did Indy beat today? Fowler, Coleman, & Ihedigbo? Not to mention 3 other player's on defense with broken extremities, playing in casts. (I doubt this will make as much news as Week 16 however) ;) Face fact's, from Week 1 on, the Jets never played a game throughout the season where they were firing on all cylinders. -We didn't have Jenkins for more than half the season.. -we lost Leon midway through the year.. -Sheppard missed 5 games.. -Pace missed 5 games.. -Ellis missed 3 games, played in a cast for 2 other games.. -Cotchery missed 3 games.. -Strickland missed 7 games.. -Izzo missed 5 games.. -Smith missed 3 games.. -Edwards didn't play a full season.. (tragic when you think about it all) Even Sanchez missed a game. But in spite of it all, the Jets showed how deep they are. Whether it was Greene, or Douglas, or Lowery, or Clemens, or Woodhead, or DeVito, or Feely (punting kicks in a playoff game) somebody.. anybody.. stepped in, and got the job done.

There's a core here. A core of players that are not only skilled, but young. Sanchez (23).. Keller (25).. Revis (24).. D'Brick (26).. Mangold (26).. Greene (24).. Washington (27).. Harris (25).. Cotchery (27).. Woodhead (24).. Smith (26).. Rhodes (27).. Edwards (26).. Sheppard (28).. Scott (29).. Pace (29).. Strickland (29).. Leonhard (27).. Clowney (24).. Lowery (23).... all 29 years old or younger. That's an average age of 26 between those 20 players. These guys are only going to get better with experience, as they enter their prime. Not to mention going into an uncapped year, with an owner that likes to spend. If Woody can bring in 3 or 4 more quality players to help complement the core.. there's an awful lot to look forward to come next season. This point can not be emphasized enough. You look at the AFC East and ask yourself, going into next season.. are the Jets the favorite's? I sure think so. Against the Dolphins & Bills I certainly like how the Jets matchup. And New England has gone from a 16 win team in 2007.. to an 11 win team in 2008.. to a 10 win team in 2009. Which direction do they appear to be going? For this group of Jets players to have played 3 playoff games this year. It will say alot for their development at the end of the day. There's no substitute for the real thing, and playing in a Championship game is the real thing.

Focus on the positive Gang Greener's. This season was a success in what the Jets were meant to accomplish. Would it have been nice to have won today, and to be playing in the Superbowl in 2 weeks? -No doubt. But this team wasn't meant to be that ahead of the learning curve. They weren't supposed to win a Championship, they were supposed to compete. They did much more than that. :cheers:

Edited by Beezer34