2009-2010 New York Jets Thread

RockingTheRed81

I would love to see Terrell "The Attitude" Owens and Braylon "Stonehands" Edwards (assuming the Jets resign him- I guess it's very up in the air at this point) fighting it out for the limited amount of balls Sanchez will throw....I don't see them having both though. Would Rex want a locker room cancer like Owens?

Edited by ThreeCups

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to see Terrell "The Attitude" Owens and Braylon "Stonehands" Edwards (assuming the Jets resign him- I guess it's very up in the air at this point) fighting it out for the limited amount of balls Sanchez will throw....I don't see them having both though. Would Rex want a locker room cancer like Owens?

The only people wanting a waste like TO on the Jets are either, Giant, Dolphin or Patriot fans.

Most teams thrive WITHOUT Owens.

It was a day of past\present Jets today on WFAN. (led by former Jet Boomer Esiason) The full interview links below, for any Jet fan that may be interested...

Jan. 15th; Vinny Testaverde

Jan. 15th; Dustin Keller

Jan. 15th; Brad Baxter

Jan. 15th; Richard Todd

Jan. 15th; Al Toon

Jan. 15th; Mark Gastineau

Jan. 15th; Damien Woody

........*W.W.W.

*Wearing the *White, *Works! You want to talk about karma, luck, & superstition? Well here's some good ju`ju for Rex Ryan to chew on... -The Jets are 7-1 this season when sporting the white-pants\white-jersey combo. Let's take a page out of the Cowboys book... DON THE WHITEOUT UNI's 24\7! Not the green-pants\white-jersey combo.. Not the white-pants\green-jersey combo.. and Not the green-pants\green-jersey combo. All White! Clean & Mean that's the motto. Make the opposing team think an avalanche is coming for them. It almost looks like the Colts when they do the whiteout. (being that Indy & the Jets helmets are both white also) Instill fear, make it the teams' M.O. They've lost only 1 time this season when wearing them, and 1 time (Chargers) last season when wearing them. Rock the White! You have to wear the away white's anyway when you're the road team, and when you're the home team.. you can wear whatever hell you want. Dallas has been doing the same thing for a hundred years.

....Gang Green White!

bump.

Since the nightmare that was 1996... the Jets subsequently, have had only 3 losing seasons since.. they have made the playoffs five times.. won the Division on two occasions.. played in TWO Championship games.. and tied a franchise best, seasonal overall record at *12-4 in 1998.

fixed. ;)

Edited by Beezer34

Im still shaking.. But i hate to say it, I cant see us getting past Indy..

...this defense is scary good. I think it's safe to say, this will be the Colt's biggest test trying to score against the other team. (no offense to Raven fans)

November 22nd, 2009. <--The last time the Jets allowed the opposing team to score more than 15 points!

Why not? They're just a team. A good team, but they're beatable. You know the Jets can keep it close, then it comes down to who makes more plays or who makes more mistakes.

That's what I'm afraid of, we haven't made many mistakes in this playoff run, but how long can that go on with the teams we are playing getting better?

Wow, I guess I don't watch enough TV: What is SNY?

lol, it's basically a station with a lot of Mets-Jets coverage with the occasional crappy show (Loud Mouths, Beer Money) thrown in for 'entertainment'. It's called Sports New York I think, it sort of originated with the Mets since all our games are on there but also has a lot of Jets stuff and some Rutgers coverage.

Why not? They're just a team. A good team, but they're beatable. You know the Jets can keep it close, then it comes down to who makes more plays or who makes more mistakes.

I have no fear of anything at this point, even the Great Peyton. After all, we're already way past anywhere we had a right to expect at 4-6. Not only that but we seem to be set up for the next several years no matter what happens the next few weeks...rookie QB, coach and potential stud RB that are all getting better. OL with a couple of building blocks in D'Brick and Mangold, and a defense that looks dominating even without a great pass rusher.

Probably as excited about the Jets as I've ever been. They made it this far in '98 but with Bill you always knew there was a time limit of about 3-4 years where we had to do it. With this team it might be just the beginning of bigger and better things.

Edited by Hasan4978

Congrats Jets fans. Your team has a lot of heart. Sure. Rex totally outcoached Norv Turner and the Chargers were terribly undisciplined. Plus Kaeding turning into the new Tinman. But that doesn't take away from how well the Jets played. Hanging tough despite the three and outs. The D never allowed the big play making big tackles and forcing the Chargers into tough situations. Your O-Line took over in the second half. Shonn Greene is something else. And Sanchez also made a great play/throw for the go-ahead score. Plus Revis was stellar. He got robbed for D MVP. There are too many who are making excuses for why the Bolts lost and not giving enough due to the Jets. Bunch of tools.

Now, you're playing with house money against Peyton and Indy. Again, the Jets will be heavy underdogs. They know what must be done. Run effectively. Keep Colts off field. Limit mistakes. And keep the score low. Easier said than done. The Colts aren't the Chargers. But it's a great opportunity. You all should be proud of your team's effort. Anything can happen if it's close late.

Good luck!

ds.jpgsd.jpg

Listening to talk radio\reading the newspapers over the past 48 hours.. there's been alot of comparisons of this Jets team, to the squad in 1998. Pepper Johnson -vs- Bart Scott.. Keyshawn & Chrebet -vs- Braylon & Jerricho.. C. Martin -vs- T. Jones.. Testaverde -vs- Sanchez.. etc. Still, nobody has touched on the true leaders of the helm, the coaches. I'm not saying who's the better coach overall, I'm saying who's a better Head Coach for the Jets. Win or lose come Sunday, 'RR has done exactly what Tuna did when coming to the Jets.. take them to the Final Four Championships. Ironically, Parcells record with the Jets during his first season there, was the same as Ryan's first season with the Jets.. 9-7.

*Just a question I'm posing to my fellow Jet fans; -Who's the better Jets Head Coach that turned the franchise around.. Rexy -or- Billy?

For all the credit Rex Ryan deserves its too difficult to judge at this point. I think more credit should got to Tannenbaum for the bold moves via trade/drafts to get Revis, Sanchez, Scott, Leonard, Mangold, Faneca, Ferguson. etc and off course keeping little Schott and siging Rex Ryan.

Probably as excited about the Jets as I've ever been. They made it this far in '98 but with Bill you always knew there was a time limit of about 3-4 years where we had to do it. With this team it might be just the beginning of bigger and better things.

It just might be.

I remember 1998 like it was yesterday. Curtis did zilch in that AFC championship game, and what'd the Jets have, 5 turnovers? Or was it 6?

Who's the better Jets Head Coach that turned the franchise around.. Rexy -or- Billy?

What Bill Parcells did with the Jets is remarkable. That 9-7 season was like manna from heaven after 1-15. That was one fun season, followed up by an amazing season by Jet standards (first division title since the merger, right?) that came up just short of the Super Bowl.

He is the best coach not named Weeb Ewbank in the team's history. But if the Jets beat Indy, then Rex Ryan is right there. Talk to me on Sunday night. So far, it's been some unexpected ride.

When your team goes on an unexpected playoff run, it doesn't get any better than that as a fan. I'm enjoying the heck out of this.

Edited by Jerrydevil

The thing for me is age. RR's in his late 40's. He's still relatively young. Tuna was nearly 60 when he left the Jets.

If the Jets should last 4 more quarters, and find their way to the Superbowl.. I could see Ryan remaining with the Jets for another 10 years. It's no coincidence that this is the 2nd straight season Rex has been coaching in the Conference Championships. As good as the Parcell-Jet defense looked.. it didn't look as good as this.

*As far as taking the worst team in the league (1996) -to- a team with a winning record (1997) I think it's a little overrated. When you're 1-15, there's only one way to go from there.

Edited by Beezer34

The thing for me is age. RR's in his late 40's. He's still relatively young. Tuna was nearly 60 when he left the Jets.

If the Jets should last 4 more quarters, and find their way to the Superbowl.. I could see Ryan remaining with the Jets for another 10 years. It's no coincidence that this is the 2nd straight season Rex has been coaching in the Conference Championships. As good as the Parcell-Jet defense looked.. it didn't look as good as this.

*As far as taking the worst team in the league (1996) -to- a team with a winning record (1997) I think it's a little overrated. When you're 1-15, there's only one way to go from there.

The 2009 Jet defense is better but I wouldn't minimize what Parcells did for the Jets. He had an easy act to follow but he turned them around exceptionally fast.

Don't forget that this team's record was 9-7 last season. They got fortunate this year and have made the most of it.

Is Rex gonna live 10 more years with that gut? ;)

Not to scare Jet fans but didn't Mangini get them in the playoffs his first year?

...he did, but he never took us this far. The Jets have (sadly) only been at the point they're at now (AFC Championship Title Game) 4 times in their franchise's history.

*January 1969: Coach: Weeb Ewbank. -The Jets won the game, and advanced to Superbowl III.

*January 1983: Coach: Walt Michaels. -Miami beat the Jets, and advanced to Superbowl XVII.

*January 1999: Coach: Bill Parcells. -Denver beat the Jets, and advanced to Superbowl XXXIII.

*January 2010: Coach: Rex Ryan. -Colts -vs- Jets, winner advances to Superbowl XLIV.