2009-2010 New York Jets Thread

RockingTheRed81

ugh.you know how i feel. I cried, not going to lie, i put my head down into my hands and i cried. We were so close, and again, we were turned down. I am in no way shape or form mad at the team, i am soo proud of our guys and the heart we showed, and will always be proud to put on my jersey, t shirt, hat or jacket with the green and white and the jets logo. i will still be back next season, and will always be there, and will always love this team till the end.

No need to talk sh!t, we lost to a better team. I think we deserved it but hey, im a Jets fan. I really thought this was our year and asked "why not us" Thanks for the good season, and the smiles you put on my face in the last 4 games. And I too will be rooting for Indy in the superbowl, i don't have a bad thing to say about Peyton. but again, thank you Jets for this cinderella season, it was fun while it lasted.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You look at the AFC East and ask yourself, going into next season.. are the Jets the favorite's? I sure think so. Against the Dolphins & Bills I certainly like how the Jets matchup. And New England has gone from a 16 win team in 2007.. to an 11 win team in 2008.. to a 10 win team in 2009. Which direction do they appear to be going? For this group of Jets players to have played 3 playoff games this year. It will say alot for their development at the end of the day. There's no substitute for the real thing, and playing in a Championship game is the real thing.

As long as Brady has a pulse, the Pats will probably be the favorite to win the division next year....

to all Jet fans. COngrats on the season, it was quite remarkable to watch this team grow right in front of my eyes. Over the last 5 or so weeks i fell in love with the way the Jets played the game, but no i am not converting to gang green, i have been a giants fan my whole life. You faced the best QB in the game, and he did what he does to everyone else. hold your heads up high, im pretty sure you will definitely be back next year.

Go Blue!

Biggest observation: The Jets season turned around when they started to utilize Green in the backfield more.

The Jets offense yesterday, died when Green left the game. I respect Thomas Jones, but he is useless when the team is playing from behind.

I thought the bigger deal was Manning and his O-line figured out the Jets blitz and summarily shredded them. Give him credit, he's awesome. And the non-Revis DBs could't cover Collie and Garcon, not with Manning putting the ball on a dime.

I thought the bigger deal was Manning and his O-line figured out the Jets blitz and summarily shredded them. Give him credit, he's awesome. And the non-Revis DBs could't cover Collie and Garcon, not with Manning putting the ball on a dime.

Yes, but if Green is still in the game, Manning is off the field and the Jets are keeping the game close.

Biggest observation: The Jets season turned around when they started to utilize Green in the backfield more.

The Jets offense yesterday, died when Green left the game. I respect Thomas Jones, but he is useless when the team is playing from behind.

Not when he looked like he was running hurt himself, and it turned out he did have braces on both his knees. Considering we were missing two RB's and Jones was gimpy the second half really called for more passing (and maybe a couple wildcat runs/options as well), especially with Sanchez throwing well but the Jets crapped out staying true to what got them there and lost to a better team. Let's be honest, there's a reason they went 16-0 in games they tried to win.

I do buy the 'bright future' and all that, but one word of caution: I thought the same of the '06 Mets. That it was only the beginning. Three years later, that team is a total disaster.

Not when he looked like he was running hurt himself, and it turned out he did have braces on both his knees. Considering we were missing two RB's and Jones was gimpy the second half really called for more passing (and maybe a couple wildcat runs/options as well), especially with Sanchez throwing well but the Jets crapped out staying true to what got them there and lost to a better team. Let's be honest, there's a reason they went 16-0 in games they tried to win.

I do buy the 'bright future' and all that, but one word of caution: I thought the same of the '06 Mets. That it was only the beginning. Three years later, that team is a total disaster.

My point was if Green wasn't hurt.....

This team has a bright future, super bowl NEXT YEAR

The non-Revis DBs could't cover Collie and Garcon, not with Manning putting the ball on a dime.

Final Thought on Priority #1. (looking ahead to 2010) T. Jones & 2nd Rounder *for* Champ Bailey. <--a trade where everybody wins.

Denver's POV: *After starting 6-0, the Broncos won just 2 of their last 10 games last year. Reports are coming out from the Colorado AP, that there will be "many different changes" next season. In fact Xanders has been telling upper management he plans on "blowing up the team" this offseason. So let's start off with something Denver had been in need of for quite some time.. a RB. Knowshon Moreno is going to be a great back for Denver.. just not at 22 years of age. He's too green, and the Broncos desperately need someone to complement him. Enter Thomas Jones. I can absolutely see TJ taking Knowshon under his wing for a season or two, and further his development in Denver. The Jets hold all the cards in this one; reason being (as far as HB's go) Denver is out of options. The 2010 free agency pool is very thin for runningbacks, and when you have a bargaining chip the size of Jones (who's coming off a career year of 1,400 yards) negotiations could be very tantalizing if you're the Bronco's. As far as what Denver already has in-house, their depth chart there is even more demoralizing. Buckhalter (coming off of 600+ yrds) is a UFA, and it's very unlikely the Broncos resign him at 32. When it comes to Jordan, let's face it, the LaMont Jordan experiment has been disastrous. He didn't work in Oakland.. he didn't work in New England.. and now he's failed again in Denver. His career is over. Thomas Jones has 30 TD's over the past 2 seasons, more than any Bronco RB combined since 2008. If I'm Denver I'm licking my chops at the notion of Moreno & Jones in my backfield. TJ for CB straight up won't work for even swap, because the Broncos are aware that (with Greene & Washington) the Jets don't really need Jones anymore.

Jets POV: *Despite Champ Bailey being 31 years old, he is still widely consider a Top 10 cornerback in the NFL. He probably has 1, maybe 2 more (quality) seasons left in his tank. For a squad like the Jets, that's perfect. His best seasons are when he's opposite another HOF`CB. (Redskins: Deion Sanders ~ Broncos: Ty Law) You gotta believe playing with Revis will only help both Champ's game, and Darrelle's. The Jets are right there, so close they can taste it. They came 19 minutes away from a Superbowl, and they did it with 3 of their players on defense in casts, and 2 other starters not playing. They proved they can beat New England, Cincinnati, & San Diego. Yet when it came to Indianapolis, the Colts handled the Jets with ease. They did that (not with their running game) but because of Peyton. Adding Bailey to a Jets secondary, (already with Jim Leonhard, Kerry Rhodes, & Lito Sheppard) may finally push the Jets over the hump that is Manning, and get them a Conference Championship. This Jets defense consisting of Shaun Ellis, Calvin Pace, David Harris, & Bart Scott will already be adding a premier player next season in Kris Jenkins. Acquiring Champ Bailey in addition to an already stacked Jets defense, could make them Superbowl contenders.

Edited by Beezer34

How so. I actually admire the way Tannenbaumhas built this team, especially the draft.

They don't go for the blockbuster type trades, just for the sake of making headlines in the newspapers (ala: Yankees & Rangers) but that POV is half right in the tendency the Jets have with their flashier type acquisitions. A trend that really started back in 1998. (when Curtis Martin, Steve Atwater, & Vinny Testaverde were signed) Be it Braylon Edwards, Brett Favre, Alan Faneca, Ty Law, Bubba Franks, Kris Jenkins, Thomas Jones, Tony Richardson, Lito Sheppard, (that's 40 Probowl appearances between those 9 players alone) the Jets go for players, typically in their mid-to-late 30's, whom already have credentials on their own merit. Sometimes it gets to be a little too much. (as a fan) However since Mr. T has come aboard, that formula has been curtailed considerably. And yet, at times I still often use this track-record in regards to future moves the Jets may or may not make. (ie; my feelings on Richard Seymour, Champ Bailey, & Julius Peppers joining the Jets next season)

*NOW... how they differ from the Rangers, is by means of the draft. The Jets draft very well (other than Gholston) in recent years. Even players like John Abraham & Jonathan Vilma that are no longer here, were drafted by Gang Green. The bulk of the Jets roster (Mangold, D'Brick, Leon, Brad Smith, Revis, Greene, Keller, Sanchez, Clemens, Harris, Ellis, Thomas) are players that have been homegrown talent developed from within.

In conclusion; -I can see why people have that stigma regarding the Jets. But if you were to scratch the surface, you'd find it's not entirely true. :mellow:

Edited by Beezer34

They don't go for the blockbuster type trades, just for the sake of making headlines in the newspapers (ala: Yankees & Rangers) but that POV is half right in the tendency the Jets have with their flashier type acquisitions. A trend that really started back in 1998. (when Curtis Martin & Vinny Testaverde were signed) Be it Braylon Edwards, Brett Favre, Alan Faneca, Ty Law, Bubba Franks, Kris Jenkins, Thomas Jones, Tony Richardson, Lito Sheppard, (that's 40 Probowl appearances between those 9 players alone) the Jets go for players, typically in their mid-to-late 30's, whom already have credentials on their own merit. Sometimes it gets to be a little too much. (as a fan) However since Mr. T has come aboard, that formula has been curtailed considerably. And yet, at times I still often use this track-record in regards to future moves the Jets may or may not make. (ie; my feelings on Richard Seymour, Champ Bailey, & Julius Peppers joining the Jets next season)

*NOW... how they differ from the Rangers, is by means of the draft. The Jets draft very well (other than Gholston) in recent years. Even players like John Abraham & Jonathan Vilma that are no longer here, were drafted by Gang Green. The bulk of the Jets roster (Mangold, D'Brick, Leon, Brad Smith, Revis, Greene, Keller, Sanchez, Clemens, Harris, Ellis, Thomas) are players that have been homegrown talent developed from within.

In conclusion; -I can see why people have that stigma regarding the Jets. But if you were to scratch the surface, you'd find it's not entirely true. :mellow:

I think the acquisition of Farve was NOT a Tannenbaum decision but a Woodhead Johnson decision because the poor season tickets sales at the time for PSL's.

Braylon Edwards, Thomas Jones, were just smart football deals.

Wow. He would be a good fit with the Jets, especially in a pass rush. Is he still under contract with the Fins?

Under contract for next year @ $3.6 MM. Likely casualty of the uncapped year though; Porter and the coaching staff have had a falling out this year. I would suspect a trade to be more likely, since I think the Fins know cutting him loose basically makes him a Jet unless he has absolutely nothing left. I don't recall who else around the league is a 3-4 in need of a rusher, but I'm thinking GB and maybe Houston could benefit from his services as well.

If they choose to cap the year, I can't see them cutting him loose.

I would suspect a trade to be more likely, since I think the Fins know cutting him loose basically makes him a Jet unless he has absolutely nothing left.

You have a better chance at hell freezing over, than Porter being traded. There is no way the Dolphins are going to pay the roster bonus he's due on March 1st. (and you can't make trades before March 1st) Porter's trade value has plummeted since he has openly come out and said he; "wants out from the Dophins." Other teams have Miami at ransom, because at the end of the day... THEY KNOW ALL OF THIS. Should the Fish release him before 3/1, they're off the hook on that money. Not to mention their coaching staff and upper management have gone ga-ga with Wake, Anderson, Moses, & Tailor. (who can pretty much fill the void for Porter, without the headaches) They spent about 20 minutes talking about this on NFL Talk yesterday. I had no idea of the behind-the-scenes beef him and Sparano have towards one another. (not to mention Porter -vs- Allen, Starks, & Crowder) He'll be cut before the first of March for sure.

Wow. He would be a good fit with the Jets, especially in a pass rush.

This move makes so much sense, the more I think about it.. the more I like it. 'RR really knows how to get the most out of aging players on defense. (just ask Ray Lewis) Joey's an unquestionable upgrade over Bryan Thomas. I could see Porter signing with the Jets just to spite the Dolphins alone, nevermind the fact that (being the Jets are a quality team) he has a good shot at a Superbowl with Gang Green.

Picture a Jets front 7 consisting of Calvin Pace, Bart Scott, Joey Porter, David Harris, Kris Jenkins, Shaun Ellis (and either Richard Seymour or Julius Peppers) Not to mention inside sources indicating Tannenbaum wants to acquire; "another shutdown corner" to complement Revis. -Champ Bailey anyone?

Licking my chops for 2010. Licking my Chops!! :e-drama:

You have a better chance at hell freezing over, than Porter being traded. There is no way the Dolphins are going to pay the roster bonus he's due on March 1st. (and you can't make trades before March 1st) Porter's trade value has plummeted since he has openly come out and said he; "wants out from the Dophins." Other teams have Miami at ransom, because at the end of the day... THEY KNOW ALL OF THIS. Should the Fish release him before 3/1, they're off the hook on that money. Not to mention their coaching staff and upper management have gone ga-ga with Wake, Anderson, Moses, & Tailor. (who can pretty much fill the void for Porter, without the headaches) They spent about 20 minutes talking about this on NFL Talk yesterday. I had no idea of the behind-the-scenes beef him and Sparano have towards one another. (not to mention Porter -vs- Allen, Starks, & Crowder) He'll be cut before the first of March for sure.

I'm not down with cap-a-nomics, but do roster bonuses count against the cap? If not, or there is no cap, what does a roster bonus matter if it keeps one of your chief divisional rivals weaker?

I'm not down with cap-a-nomics, but do roster bonuses count against the cap? If not, or there is no cap, what does a roster bonus matter if it keeps one of your chief divisional rivals weaker?

bonuses are the only "guaranteed" part of the contracts if I remember right, and in that aspect it's all the teams are on the hook for if they cut guys.... something like that...it's why you see a 10 year 100 million contract that the odds are the player may not see half of it... it's nice window dressing to dance the salary cap....

LMAO, you can have him. He's finished. DON'T let the 9 sack number fool you either- those 9 sacks came against back-up OT's and some of the worst o-lines in football. 5 of those 9 sacks came in 2 games against Carolina and Buffalo teams starting practice squad guys in place of their injured 1st and 2nd stringers. I'll laugh if you sign Peezy at this point. And I'll laugh hard.

Edited by MadDog2020