2009-2010 New York Jets Thread

RockingTheRed81

Terrific game, and now all the haters can shut up about us being 'lucky' to make the playoffs. As today proved, we beat the Bengals anytime, anywhere :P

Sanchez grew up a little today, and the Jets again did what they had to do. Lean on the run and pick your spots with the kid. It'd be nice to have a downfield threat that can you know, catch the ball but enough about B-Edwards :rolleyes:

Shonn Greene was a beast today, reminds me a lot of Lamont Jordan when he first came in with Jones (who had a quiet day and actually got fewer carries) as the Curtis Martin, the workmanlike professional.

And a tip of the cap to B-Schott too...ironically I think the biggest fan of him on this board is Manta. I've been critical of him at times since '06 but he's called terrific games the last few weeks. Even when you run the ball a lot more than you pass there are ways to be creative with it, a couple of the play-actions were timed beautifully and running Greene more than Jones in a playoff game showed something too.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terrific game, and now all the haters can shut up about us being 'lucky' to make the playoffs. As today proved, we beat the Bengals anytime, anywhere :P

Sanchez grew up a little today, and the Jets again did what they had to do. Lean on the run and pick your spots with the kid. It'd be nice to have a downfield threat that can you know, catch the ball but enough about B-Edwards :rolleyes:

Shonn Greene was a beast today, reminds me a lot of Lamont Jordan when he first came in with Jones (who had a quiet day and actually got fewer carries) as the Curtis Martin, the workmanlike professional.

And a tip of the cap to B-Schott too...ironically I think the biggest fan of him on this board is Manta. I've been critical of him at times since '06 but he's called terrific games the last few weeks. Even when you run the ball a lot more than you pass there are ways to be creative with it, a couple of the play-actions were timed beautifully and running Greene more than Jones in a playoff game showed something too.

Agreed on Schotty, give him an A on tonights game. the only thing holding him back from an A+ is the fact that he continued to go back to the Wildcat/Seminole even when it was apparent that Cincy had it figured out.

Sanchez had his best game of the year today. Kid was money. Few mistakes, calm, and actually made me believe we could beat Cincy up more again.. Next week isn't going to be easy by no stretch of an imagination as we know, and i hate to say it, but i can't honestly say that we have a chance of winning in either SD or Indy. I would rather play SD because we have had some luck out there, but i just can't see us winning against either..

I would rather play SD.

...so would I. They haven't lost a game since October, ya think they're due?

*SIDENOTE: The saddest thing throughout all of this? As well as the Jets are playing.. how much better could they be with Leon & Jenkins? TJ just logged his 15th TD tonight. Meanwhile Shonn Greene's got 300 yrds rushing, in the last 3 games. You think opposing teams could stop a 3`Headed Monster trio of Jones, Greene, and Washington? smiley-confused002.gif

...so would I. They haven't lost a game since October, ya think they're due?

*SIDENOTE: The saddest thing throughout all of this? As well as the Jets are playing.. how much better could they be with Leon & Jenkins? TJ just logged his 15th TD tonight. Meanwhile Shonn Greene's got 300 yrds rushing, in the last 3 games. You think opposing teams could stop a 3`Headed Monster trio of Jones, Greene, and Washington? smiley-confused002.gif

plus Leon opens up the screen game for Sanchez.

And with Jenkins there is no way somebody like Benson is able to gash us for big gains like today.

plus Leon opens up the screen game for Sanchez.

And with Jenkins there is no way somebody like Benson is able to gash us for big gains like today.

But if Leon was still around Greene doesn't get nearly the opportunities he has in recent weeks. If we've missed Leon anywhere it's on special teams. They've done a surprisingly good job replacing Jenkins since the Week 5 debacle at Miami, yesterday was one of the few times they've really felt his loss. Fortunately the other teams left in the playoffs (except Baltimore) don't have quite the running game the Bengals do.

Edited by NJDevs26

Well fellas it looks like we will be heading into SD. Now i know we have had luck out there in the past, but im very nervous about this game.. IF we can play the way we have been the past couple weeks, we can give em a game.

Indy, San Diego, it's a very difficult road game either way. I wouldn't be shocked if the Jets win though. San Diego is very good, but not unbeatable.

Edited by Jerrydevil

Well fellas it looks like we will be heading into SD. Now i know we have had luck out there in the past, but im very nervous about this game.. IF we can play the way we have been the past couple weeks, we can give em a game. LETS GO

Yeah, I don't have quite the confidence this week as I did last week.

But I'd rather have SD than Indy. SD is going to be a tough game, but I like the way the Jets match up to them better.

San Diego is beatable. INDY will be tough.

The Jets match-up better against San Diego I think they will run the ball down the Chargers throat and the Defense will make Philip Rivers look like Ryan Leaf.

Its a Norv Turner team for Odin's sake.

..if, by any stretch of the imagination the Jets find a way to beat SD.. and your Ravens upset Indy... this season (for me at least) would be complete in achievements for the year. Win or lose, I can honestly say, it wouldn't matter what would happen the rest of the way. Seeing my Jets play a Championship game (at home no less) winner goes to the Superbowl, are you kidding me? It'd be the first time in NFL history a team with a rookie coach & quarterback combo achieved such a feat. Sh!t, there are many who say the Jets did enough now, and that anything else would be gravy. I really don't feel that way at this point.. but if they make it to the Final Four? -100%

I have more faith in the NYJ winning in SD than I do us finding a way to stop the #18 machine. He has such a quick release I am not sure if we can even bump him in the pocket. I am hoping Ray-Ray can dissect the Indy offense in time to at least make a stand. We should have beat INDY in their Superbowl year, maybe this is pay back.

The only reason I think the Jets have a chance is because San Diego always does better in the postseason as an under-the-radar team. They've had spectacular flameouts when they go into January with expectations but the last two years they haven't, and did damage in the playoffs. This year they're a favorite again.

Plus Revis can neutralize Vincent Jackson...but that still leaves midget Sproles and their other tall receivers (mainly Gates) to worry about. Maybe Kerry Rhodes can hold Gates in check the way he did Tony Gonzo, if he stops looking in the mirror long enough to do so. At least their running shouldn't be the problem Cinci's was while ours should do well again this week.

That said, I can't see Sanchez having two great weeks in a row though last week was a tremendous step in his development. And we're going to need to score in the mid 20's at least to win.

Edited by Hasan4978

Its the playoffs, anything can happen. Jets have a great defense and can run the ball. That should give them a chance in almost any game.

Agreed. I think the Jet O-Line will push around the SD D-line to the point where Sanchez probably doesn't have too do much. (although the obligatory long ball/dropped pass to a wide open Edwards is a staple of any Jet game).

Agreed. I think the Jet O-Line will push around the SD D-line to the point where Sanchez probably doesn't have too do much. (although the obligatory long ball/dropped pass to a wide open Edwards is a staple of any Jet game).

The pass threat usually has to be there. When the safeties creep up to stop the run, you need play action. Sanchez will probably need to make plays, and it would be nice if Edwards made them, too. At least you can usually count on Cotchery.

But who knows what will happen. Watch Tomlinson rush for 175 yards after no one talked about him.

The pass threat usually has to be there. When the safeties creep up to stop the run, you need play action. Sanchez will probably need to make plays, and it would be nice if Edwards made them, too. At least you can usually count on Cotchery.

But who knows what will happen. Watch Tomlinson rush for 175 yards after no one talked about him.

Yes, and Sanchez is already a pretty good play action QB.

Tomlinson is about 5 years beyond having a 175 rushing game, it now takes him about 3 games to total this.

One of these days Edwards will make THE catch of the game.

Pop Schott would be a great choice, he turns teams around (look at SD). Bills need that type of old school coach.

...yeah I agree. Buffalo needs a no-nonsense, old'school type hard ass. Then they need to clean house asap. (starting w/TO)

.............. -That being said, I could actually see the Jets taking a chance on Owens next season. :P