"Middle Class Americans" behind Healthcare protests

http://digg.com/d3ztdF

Nice piece of actual journalism showing the people behind a lot of these town hall outrage scenes.

Basically corporate interests start these grassroots programs, to push their own agendas.

I'm sure the corporations on the Dem side do the same type BS, but this one is especially relevant since all that is currently on the news is about health care reform.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course some republicans as well as special interest groups will try to stoke the fires at these meetings, I wouldn't expect anything less. It was like when Obama wouldn't let the republicans respond after his healthcare talk on air; both sides are more worried about protecting themselves rather then protecting the American people. You would think that so many educated people could get together and decide what is best for the citizens of this nation; unfortunately BOTH parties place their interests above those who elected them to represent us. That has been going on with many issues for many years and is unlikely to change anytime soon.

She needs to get laid. How abrasive can you get?

Where was she when the loons on the left had Communist groups running their anarchist marches during the Bush years?

Sad.

Seriously...get laid? I guess your fond of gay people too.

Did the Democrats have communist groups do this? Or did communist groups do this? There aren't 2 groups in this country there are many...and some are opposed to the same things.

The difference is this example is clearly smoke and mirrors. They are tricking these people into fighting for them, because who is going to listen to insurance companies fighting for their own profits.

Do you not like your healthcare?

Do you HONESTLY think the gov't.......some bureaucrat making rules and regs, is going to do a better job taking care of your healthcare?

If so, why do Canadians come here, but no Americans go there for HC?

Once you switch jobs with HC, you are going to be forced onto the gov't plan, then you will never be able to get private ins. again.

Do you HONESTLY think the gov't.......some bureaucrat making rules and regs, is going to do a better job taking care of your healthcare?

Once you switch jobs with HC, you are going to be forced onto the gov't plan, then you will never be able to get private ins. again.

I like my health care that I get through my employer. But a huge amount (the majority) of people in my field work as "freelance", where they have to pay for their own insurance. Most big media companies do not provide the best health care. A friend of mine who is in her 40's was laid off and can only get freelance work. She just had a baby and her husband is also in an industry that does not provide health care. They make good money, but between a house, cars, bills, and raising a kid, a $1000 dollar a month family plan is a bit extreme.

Where do you get the information that Canadians come here but American's don't go there? I have a cousin and a friend who moved to Canada for college and never came back. Both have good things to say about the health care system there.

I don't think your last point is accurate.

If your only source of news comes from people persuading you to buy into their political view, how can you make an educated decision? All the points you made have been the Fox News talking points for the past few weeks.

The same can be said for someone who only watches Keith Olbermann and reads the Daily KOS for their news.

Edited by oofrostonoo

Sorry oof, it isn't as cut and dry as your anectdotal examples.

#1 good health care is expensive. Poor health care isn't although some in socialized medicine countries may disagree.

#2 just because an employer pays for healthcare doesn't mean the employee isn't paying for it indirectly. Every year my company tells me how much my health care plan costs me. I am damn sure it is figured into my compensation package. So whether it is provided to me or I write the check, I am paying for it. Nothing is free unless you are still living in your parents house

#3 A bad solution is still a bad solution. The CBO has independently reached the conclusion that the current plan(s) doesnt' lower costs and is not cost neutral in any shape or form. The CBO stated that it would increase the deficit. Yet the dem leaders in congress wanted to blindly "Rahm" it through in order to meet Obama's directive. That is simply idiotic and frankly violates whatever fiduciary responsibility those morons have to their constituents.

Show me a plan that would decrease the costs of health care, would keep the gov't interference to a minimum, would maintain our high standard of health care options, wouldn't be yet another tax the rich scheme in sheep's clothing and wouldn't end up as another social secuity like burden on our economy and I'll be happy to endorse it. While that is a hard list of criteria, why shouldn't we expect that? Spend some time working it out instead of some fabricated political agenda.

Edited by devilsadvoc8

cradle to grave JL thats what some people want.

How come only rich people deserve adequate health care?

define rich and adequate

edit: And, if you are in the mood for answering questions, tell me why a person who isn't disabled, isn't mentally challenged, chooses not to work, is on welfare yet continues to drink, smoke and possibly do drugs, has children they cannot possibly afford and is making no effort to better themselves deserves free heath care equal to those who try to be productive members of society and actually contribute, not just suck at the teat of the taxpayer.

Edited by SC Devs Fan

Really, what's the point of having good health care if the majority of the citizen's can't afford it? It's not the quality of the health care in question, it's how do we make it so a majority of people(entrenpreneurs, employers and employees) can afford it.

define rich and adequate

edit: And, if you are in the mood for answering questions, tell me why a person who isn't disabled, isn't mentally challenged, chooses not to work, is on welfare yet continues to drink, smoke and possibly do drugs, has children they cannot possibly afford and is making no effort to better themselves deserves free heath care equal to those who try to be productive members of society and actually contribute, not just suck at the teat of the taxpayer.

Oh you mean the trauma centers frequent flyers who list their occupation as "Hanging wid my homeys"

Do you really believe that only the rich have adequate health care? If you actually believe this then you left rationality in the dust behind you. This is a statement right out of the spin doctors HQ.

I'm not rich, yet I have healthcare. My neighbors aren't rich, yet they have healthcare. My family isn't rich, yet they have healthcare. And I can bet you can say the same for yourself.

But only the rich have healthcare, right.

Really, what's the point of having *good health care if the majority of the citizen's can't afford it? It's not the quality of the health care in question, it's how do we make it so a majority of people(entrenpreneurs, employers and employees) can afford it.

The population of this country is roughly 300 million. There are roughly 50 million who don't have health care (of those 50 million there are two types-those who legitimaley can't afford it and those who chose NOT pay for coverage because they want those $3000 rims. But that's another story) Back to my main point, 50 million is one 6th of the population, that is hardly a "majority" :blink: your math sucks :unsure:

* having health care qualifies as good health care, the alternative is no health care.

I'm not rich, yet I have healthcare. My neighbors aren't rich, yet they have healthcare. My family isn't rich, yet they have healthcare. And I can bet you can say the same for yourself.

But only the rich have healthcare, right.

He said "adequate", not "any" healthcare. You should be debating what his definition of adequate means, not spinning the conversation into a much more broad basket.

The population of this country is roughly 300 million. There are roughly 50 million who don't have health care (of those 50 million there are two types-those who legitimaley can't afford it and those who chose NOT pay for coverage because they want those $3000 rims. But that's another story) Back to my main point, 50 million is one 6th of the population, that is hardly a "majority" :blink: your math sucks :unsure:

* having health care qualifies as good health care, the alternative is no health care.

Same goes for you, he didn't say the majority of people do not have healthcare, he said the majority can't afford the "good" healthcare that rich people have. You should be discussing what he means by good. :blink: Your reading sucks. :unsure:

Edited by squishyx

Same goes for you, he didn't say the majority of people do not have healthcare, he said the majority can't afford the "good" healthcare that rich people have. You should be discussing what he means by good. :blink: Your reading sucks. :unsure:

Oh please. And are you telling me the rich in England, France, Saudi Arabia et. al. don't have better healthcare then the guy pumping gas into their yachts?

Again, I'll say it.... if you want to give the poor equal healthcare to the rich then the only way it can be done is to lower the standard of heathcare of the rich to that of the poor, not visa versa. If the government says everyone has to drive a car that doesn't mean they all get to drive Mercedes.

Do you really believe that only the rich have adequate health care? If you actually believe this then you left rationality in the dust behind you. This is a statement right out of the spin doctors HQ.

I'll split from the lefties on this, while I think health care reform is a big issue, I won't go so far as to to say that only the rich have adequate healthcare. In general is healthcare the type of thing that should be given out based on how much money you have? At that point you are intrinsically valuing peoples lives more if they have money then those who do not. If you think it should have an impact, then you will probably never understand those who don't and vice versa.

Oh please. And are you telling me the rich in England, France, Saudi Arabia et. al. don't have better healthcare then the guy pumping gas into their yachts?

Don't make up my argument. Thanks.

Again, I'll say it.... if you want to give the poor equal healthcare to the rich then the only way it can be done is to lower the standard of heathcare of the rich to that of the poor, not visa versa. If the government says everyone has to drive a car that doesn't mean they all get to drive Mercedes.

I agree. Healthcare to me is not something that should be based on income.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.