I Love Twitter Contest

aylbert

RT: @NHLDevils Your chance to WIN FREE TICKETS for the 09-10 season opener starts at midnight tonight!... Details here:

http://devils.nhl.co...ge.htm?id=56833

Great promotion, just tweet

RT @NHLDevils I love the New Jersey Devils because [MESSAGE] #GoDevils

between 12am (midnight tonight) and 8pm tomorrow... 1 entry per person/account.

Edited by aylbert

Chheap seats Im guessing.

Five Prizes Will be Awarded: Each Winner will receive Two(2) tickets to the New Jersey Devils vs. Philadelphia Flyers home gameon Saturday, October 3, 2009 at 7:00 PM EST at the Prudential Center inNewark, New Jersey. Average Retail Value of each Prize: $158.00 ($79.00 per ticket).

Anyone notice that their first confirmed winner for this sent their tweet 1 hour before the contest officially started.. Devils violated their own contest rules

I am still trying to figure this whole Twitter thing out, but it looks to me like the Devils for some reason started the contest earlier than they said they would -- at 9pm on Sept. 9 instead of 12am on Sept. 10. And it looks like the first winner sent her Twitter in at 9:06pm. (Am I reading that right?)

There are already people RT'ing in there but those won't count since only entrees during the contest time can be included, or else the team would be guilty of not following the official contest rules

I saw that problem coming, the team should have started the contest when they announced it, instead of announcing it 3 or 4 hours before it started. Legally, they should take that persons prize away, and would probably have to, if people make a legal issue out of it, since everyone who entered properly are now an injured party....the problem is it's not worth it, individually, for anyone to bother taking that to court. :lol:

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Because Twitter is a California-based company, its default display for times is PST. That is why, if you are not logged into Twitter, the tweet in question reads 9:06 PST (12:06). This screen grab shows that the winning tweet came at 12:06 am EST on September 10th.

Picture%202.png