Be Proud

NEVER have I been prouder to call myself a New Jersey Devils fan - NEVER!

They went into the fire and came out with the win!!!

I was SHOCKED that Stevens even touched the east trophy let alone picked it upi and skated with it.

I was also disgusted that ESPN chose to show the Senators anguish much more than anything resembling a tremendous GUTTY Devils victory celebration.

Sorry ESPN. The Devils are there...A G A I N!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joey- don't you remember who the first interviewee was after the Devs won the Cup in 2000? Last time I checked, Mike Modano wan't on our team. Doesn't shock me that I saw 2 seconds of a Devs moment tonite- it was about 1 second more than we got in 2000.

I was also disgusted that ESPN chose to show the Senators anguish much more than anything resembling a tremendous GUTTY Devils victory celebration.

Sorry ESPN. The Devils are there...A G A I N!!!!!!!!!!!!

As a fan living in Chicago, all I have is ESPN for TV coverage...and I don't have ESPNews either! Dammit! And I no longer have Cable DSL for the Internet feed which was great last post-season (minus the results of course) with the sound muted on the TV broadcasts. But, trying to remain unbiased here...

COULD ESP-FRICKIN N SHOW MORE OF THE DAMN SENS AFTER THE GAME. I WAS LIKE WHO FRICKIN WON THE GAME HERE...THEY JUST KEPT SHOWING THE SENS LAYING ON THE ICE, MARTIN, VARADA CRYING, LALIME CRYING,MARTIN AGAIN. AND THEY INTERVIEW NIEUWY--TERRIBLE, BUT EASIEST GUY FOR ENGBLOM AND HIS HAIR PIECE TO GRAB I GUESS. AND THEN BURNSIE. COME ON. WHERE IS THE WINNING GOALIE INTERVIEW, THE CAPTAIN, OH HERE IS AN IDEA...FIND THE GUY WHO SCORED THE FRICKIN GAME WINNER! AND THEN THORNE..."STEVENS WOPN'T TOUGH IT," "OK, STEVENS WON'T PICK IT UP." UHHHH! IT WAS JUST AWFUL BROADCASTING, BUT WHAT DO YOU EXPECT...WE GOTTA SEE THOSE IMPORTANT 4TH INNING SCORES IN BASEBALL! SO TYPICAL.

OK. I am done. Stepping down from the soapbox. Who is next?

Lets go Devils!

The Devils ignored the Trophy in 2001 and look

how that worked out.. I remember I was there

and Stevens thought he'd get some disease by

TOUCHING it.. I like it better that they

acknowledge the work it takes to GET there too

and are not taking a THING for granted this time !

The Devils ignored the Trophy in 2001 and look

how that worked out.. I remember I was there

and Stevens thought he'd get some disease by

TOUCHING it..

Irony of ironies ... I was at the Pepsi Center in 2001 when the Dives eliminated the Blues in game five. Sakic skates out, picks up the trophy and I look at my pal and said, "That move, my brother, is the the kiss of death."

So, it's obvious that Scottso did the right thing last night, eh?