New Poll - The Three Remaining Roster Cuts

Sharifijanov2099

41 members have voted

1. 1. Which 2 of these 5 guys will fill out the 23-man roster?

Assuming a 23 man max-roster, and considering that the injured Elias occupies 1 of those 23 spots, here's what I have for the opening night roster:

Parise - Zajac - Langs

Rolston - Zubrus - Clarkson

Shanny - Nieds - Bergfors

Pando - Pelley - Pikkachu

Martin - Oduya

White - Mottau

Salvador - Murphy

Brodeur

Danis

TOTAL BODIES: 12F + 6D +2G +Elias = 21

Ergo, of the following 5 guys, which 2 will make the roster?

P3L

Peters

Halischuk

Greene

Leach

(Granted, one can argue that Murphy should be on the 5-man list and Greene in the roster, but I'm going to guess that Murphy gets the call because of his offense. Also, I'm sure Pikkachu could be on the 5-man cut list, but considering we haven't much seen him in camp, I'm gambling and saying NJ will give him a quick look at the NHL level. If he doesn't look good, they can always call up one of the guys who did get cut.)

elias won't occupy one of those 23 spots. or rather, someone else will be put in his place.

pikkarainen is tough, he's been sick the last few days, but i think he's on the way out.

Yeh, that may be - i just figured it might depend how far along Elias is with rehab. if somehow he can return closer to the 3 week mark, he'll be around pretty soon, but if it's 6 weeks, right, we won't see him for a while.

Why do you think Pikkachu is done?

Yeh, that may be - i just figured it might depend how far along Elias is with rehab. if somehow he can return closer to the 3 week mark, he'll be around pretty soon, but if it's 6 weeks, right, we won't see him for a while.

Why do you think Pikkachu is done?

with the addition of niedermayer and peters, seems like two guys are getting the boot, and those guys seem to be pikkarainen and leblond. maybe pikkarainen is the extra until elias comes back, i don't know, but he wasn't very good in game 1, that's for sure.

Now:

Parise - Zajac - Langs

Rolston - Zubrus - Clarkson

Shanny - Neids - Bergfors

Pando - Pelley - Pikka

ex: Peters, Halischuk

Martin - Oduya

White - Mottau

Salvador - Murphy

ex: Greene

Later:

Parise - Zajac - Langs

Rolston - Elias - Clarkson

Shanny - Zubrus - Bergfors

Neids - Pelley - Pikka

ex: Pando, Peters

same D

I could see Pelley being kicked off the roster when Elias gets back. Halischuk and Zharkov both outplayed him. He'll get his shot in real games, but Lou has sounded less high on his young centers, and I could see him losing patience fast.

I could see Pelley being kicked off the roster when Elias gets back. Halischuk and Zharkov both outplayed him. He'll get his shot in real games, but Lou has sounded less high on his young centers, and I could see him losing patience fast.

I think it's more beneficial to Halischuk and Zharkov to play 20 minutes and PP/PK time in the minors than 5-8 minutes and no PP/PK time in the NHL. Near the end of the season that might change when you starting thinking about the playoffs but I don't think now is a good time.

+1, Zharkov, Halichuck, and others outplayed him, it's just center was the open position and he was the only center. I think we will see...

Parise Zajac Langs

Rolston Zubrus Clarkson

Shanny Neids Bergfors

Pando Pelley Peters/Leblond/Pikky/maybe Halichuck and maybe not Pikk.

White Martin Salvador White Murphy Mottau Greene

Marty Danis

When Patty returns...

ZZ Pop

Rolston Elias Clarkson

Shanny Zubrus Bergfors

Neids/Pando Pelley Pikk/Leblond/Peters

But what if that second line has chemistry would you really want to mess with it just to put Patty in.

I think it's more beneficial to Halischuk and Zharkov to play 20 minutes and PP/PK time in the minors than 5-8 minutes and no PP/PK time in the NHL. Near the end of the season that might change when you starting thinking about the playoffs but I don't think now is a good time.

Whoever replaces Pelley's getting PK time. They lost Gio and Dog off of last years PK, and I don't see them wanting to give Shanny too much time on the PK this year.

PK forwards

Zajac and Langs

Elias and Pando (gulp)

Parise and Shanny/Pelley (or replacement)

This is the team that I think we will start the season with.

Parise-Zajac-Langenbrunner

Rolston-Zubrus-Clarkson

Shanny-Nieds-Halischuk

Pandolfo-Pelley-Bergfors

I chose Halischuk over Bergfors because the game I went to against the Flyers I thought Halischuk stood out and every game I've seen Bergfors play in he hasn't done anything to wow me except that nice pass to Langs. I don't think one of the two will be sent down right away which is why I have Bergfors on the 4th line because I think he'll still get a chance to show he belongs but once Elias is back, to quote Highlander, "There can only be one! Rookie RW prospect on this team!" *lightning*

This even sounds crazy to me and i'm the one bringing it up, and maybe i'm just playing Devils(no pun intended) advocate, but would anyone else like to see Sestito get a shot over Pelley? Because for some strange reason I think I would.

Now the numbers aren't there and I understand that, but if he we're to center the 4th line i'd rather have Sestito's toughness over Pelleys. If the 4th line center is gonna have Jay "Back Check All Day" Pandolfo and Andrews "Lets Juice and Eat McDonalds" Peters on the wings, i'd rather have Sestito add to the toughness rather than waste it with Rod "Soft Life Ice Cream" Pelley.

Edited by GOLDJR41

This even sounds crazy to me and i'm the one bringing it up, and maybe i'm just playing Devils(no pun intended) advocate, but would anyone else like to see Sestito get a shot over Pelley? Because for some strange reason I think I would.

Now the numbers aren't there and I understand that, but if he we're to center the 4th line i'd rather have Sestito's toughness over Pelleys. If the 4th line center is gonna have Jay "Back Check All Day" Pandolfo and Andrews "Lets Juice and Eat McDonalds" Peters on the wings, i'd rather have Sestito add to the toughness rather than waste it with Rod "Soft Life Ice Cream" Pelley.

I thought Sestito played way better than Pelley. I'm hoping Sestito is the 4th line center until Elias gets back, then zubrus and neids can be bumped down to 3rd and 4th center respectively.

ZZPop

Rolston-Zubrus-Clarkson/Bergfors

Shanahan-Niedermayer-Bergfors/Clarkson

Pandolfo-Sestito-Peters/PL3

(awful 4th line)

then

ZZPop

Rolston-Elias-Clarkson/Bergfors

Shanahan-Zubrus-Bergfors/Clarkson

Pandolfo-Niedermayer-Peters/PL3

someone mentioned PKer's earlier, I think the PKer matches will be

Elias-Parise

Lang-Zajac

Rolston-Zubrus

Shan-Pando/Nieds

I hope pikkachu doesn't make the roster this year and just stays a healthy scratch...He hasn't impressed me and for some reason I can't stop thinking he'll be a Rasmussen type player (who was just a terrible version of Brylin).

We'll probably use Peters for the division games or games vs other big heavy weights and PL3 for the rest.