GDT: NJ Devils vs. Capitals

Colin226

Every report emphasized that the caps were playing without Ovechkin and that the Devils win was therefore a given. Not one report pointed out that the Devils are getting their wins without their top 2 defensemen and without Elias. The Devils deserve more respect for this.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

weekes can be pretty funny on nhl on the fly. he was talking about tomas vokoun in florida and how he put in a lot of work in the offseason and he was glad to see his hard work was being rewarded (2nd straight shutout), then added - and he looks pretty sweet in those red pads.

That other guy is a moron though. he was saying something about how the devils always seem to find these guys to score 20 goals for them year after year and said something about how bergfors would add 12 goals for the devs this year as if we picked him off the scrap heap somewhere and we're miraculously getting this production from him. get a clue. such may be the case with a guy like mike mottau or david clarkson, but you can not say those things in regard to a former number 1 draft pick who has been either the number 1 or number 2 prospect in the devils system since he's been drafted.

There's something about seeing Bergfors getting ice time with Zajac and Parise that makes me giggle with joy.

Me too... Bergfors has looked sharp. Very sharp. This is why the organization was so patient with him. Patience pays off people. And what I REALLY look forward to is what this team will look like when Tedenby and Josefson are ready. It'll be interesting to see how Bergfors looks playing with those guys in the future. Now- aren't you glad we didn't trade him at the deadline for some rental at some point over the last few deadlines?

Every report emphasized that the caps were playing without Ovechkin and that the Devils win was therefore a given. Not one report pointed out that the Devils are getting their wins without their top 2 defensemen and without Elias. The Devils deserve more respect for this.

I agree... but 2 points is 2 points, so who cares? Let 'em say what they want.

Me too... Bergfors has looked sharp. Very sharp. This is why the organization was so patient with him. Patience pays off people. And what I REALLY look forward to is what this team will look like when Tedenby and Josefson are ready. It'll be interesting to see how Bergfors looks playing with those guys in the future. Now- aren't you glad we didn't trade him at the deadline for some rental at some point over the last few deadlines?

The idea of my favorite team having an all-Swede line is mindboggling. That'd be beyond awesome.

Last year was very close to being a make-or-break year for Bergfors...if he hadn't shown improvement, Lou might have thought about moving him, or a little harder about re-signing Gio. I don't know if he's going to keep this kind of pace up, but if he can stick around the entire season, stay healthy, and hold his own, even if his final numbers aren't spectacular, I'll consider this season as having been a huge success for Bergfors.