N.F.L. Week 14

CRASHER

Comcast makes you pay for NFL network and NFL RedZone. "Cable Dark Ages" refer to people who don't have the sports package on their cable network.

I have Cablevision and we don't even have the option for either and frankly, I do not think I would even bother purchasing it if I did. Although I would love having a day to just sit around and watch Football, I just don't have the time to do it.

CR: what happened, all I saw was a headline that CAROLINA Players called out Moss for not competing???

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cr-winnersandlosers121309&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Having watched the whole game, not only did Moss come off like he simply didn't even want to compete (he couldn't have looked sulkier on the bench), it almost felt like he was trying to screw up on purpose. I've gotta believe that, out of simple friggin' integrity, he wouldn't intentionally THROW a play, but he fumbled his lone catch, and didn't even attempt to fight for a ball that got picked off...he also dropped two other passes that were in his hands...makes you wonder.

I really hope he's off the team next year. I know he has tremendous ability, but he's been dogging it more and more since the start of the 2008 season...in 2007 he fought for every ball that came his way, and made some spectacular plays, but more and more I'm seeing the Randy Moss that can poison teams...the one that, for all his talent, was somehow available for a 4th-round pick. Sometimes you have to cut your losses, and clearly there's some issues with the Patriots right now, and I could see Moss' attitude only getting worse and becoming divisive. Thanks for behaving and for an incredibly exciting 2007 Randy...soyonara.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cr-winnersandlosers121309&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Having watched the whole game, not only did Moss come off like he simply didn't even want to compete (he couldn't have looked sulkier on the bench), it almost felt like he was trying to screw up on purpose. I've gotta believe that, out of simple friggin' integrity, he wouldn't intentionally THROW a play, but he fumbled his lone catch, and didn't even attempt to fight for a ball that got picked off...he also dropped two other passes that were in his hands...makes you wonder.

I really hope he's off the team next year. I know he has tremendous ability, but he's been dogging it more and more since the start of the 2008 season...in 2007 he fought for every ball that came his way, and made some spectacular plays, but more and more I'm seeing the Randy Moss that can poison teams...the one that, for all his talent, was somehow available for a 4th-round pick. Sometimes you have to cut your losses, and clearly there's some issues with the Patriots right now, and I could see Moss' attitude only getting worse and becoming divisive. Thanks for behaving and for an incredibly exciting 2007 Randy...soyonara.

CR, that was an ugly game. If the Panthers had an offensive coordinator with any brains, he would have taken the ball out of Matt Moore's hands (especially on a cold and rainy day) and ran the fvcking ball to DeAngelo Williams all day. The same thing happened in their loss to Miami where Williams had 13 carries for 122 yards. Yesterday, he had 13 carries for 82 yards. The Patriots defense was not going to stop him, yet (as Denny Green would say) (we) they let them off the hook. How can you give the ball to a top 5 running back in the league 12 times if he is averaging 6 + yards per carry. Well the answer is easy considering they only handed the ball off to him 13 times when he was averaging 9+ a carry.

What really disappointed me in that game was the Patriots offense. It just does not look right...right now. Sloppy is the word I would use. Welker will do his thing and he will be extremely hard to cover if impossible, but I was surprised with the rest. I know Brady is hurt and that could be a major problem. But the Patriots offense did not get going until the refs jump started them with a couple of atrocious penalties (and I really don't want to be the guy that complains about refs, but besides the illegal shift penalties on Carolina, that was as one-sided as calling penalties get, and the Patriots did get away with a lot. A good friend of mine is a big Pats fan and he was laughing at that PI call on Anderson that led to the Pats first score).

Finally, I think the Pats need to utilize their tight ends more. They have some good ones and Watson needs to get in the mix. Also, Belichik needs to find a better 4th and inches play because he isn't getting it with a dive.

Edited by devilsrule33

dr33, ugly isn't the word for what that game was. As was alluded to multiple times throughout the broadcase, even the crowd seemed to have a hard time getting into it.

I'm guessing they kept calling passing plays because they know the Pats' secondary is vulnerable, but like you said, on a day like that why not run it?

Yeah, the offense is basically the Wes Welker Show right now. He's an exciting player who gives it his all and makes things happen, but becoming too one-dimensional is never a good thing. Unfortunately Brady's deep ball has been erratic this year (short, long, off the mark).

I'm sorry, but that makes no sense. IF the season ended right now, Miami would be ahead of Jax. Tell me in what world that doesn't put Miami ahead of the Jags?

He's just going by the NFL's rules. You tell me the last time that league did something that made sense...

I'm sorry, but that makes no sense. IF the season ended right now, Miami would be ahead of Jax. Tell me in what world that doesn't put Miami ahead of the Jags?

NFL Tiebreakers:

Three or More Clubs

(Note: If twoclubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated, tiebreaker reverts to step 1 of applicable two-club format.)

1. Applydivision tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club ineach division prior to proceeding to step 2. The original seedingwithin a division upon application of the division tie breaker remainsthe same for all subsequent applications of the procedure that arenecessary to identify the two Wild-Card participants.
  2. Head-to-head sweep. (Applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.)
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
  4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
  5. Strength of victory.
  6. Strength of schedule.
  7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
  8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
  9. Best net points in conference games.
  10. Best net points in all games.
  11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
  12. Coin toss

Whenthe first Wild-Card team has been identified, the procedure is repeatedto name the second Wild-Card, i.e., eliminate all but thehighest-ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. Insituations where three or more teams from the same division areinvolved in the procedure, the original seeding of the teams remainsthe same for subsequent applications of the tie breaker if thetop-ranked team in that division qualifies for a Wild-Card berth.

Miami and Baltimore did not play, therefore head to head is tossed out the window

Baltimore probably has the best chance of being the six based on schedule and on tiebreakers if JAC loses to Indy.

As long as MIA and the Jets have the same record, the Jets can't make the wild card if there's only one available, because the first tiebreaker is division standings, which the Jets lose to MIA due to H2H.

Both BAL and MIA are X-4 in the conference, but BAL is 2-2 (W: SD, PIT, L: NE, IND) against common opponents while MIA is 1-3 (W: NE, L: NE, IND, SD) with both having a game vs. the Steelers pending. If they end up tied, BAL gets the 6.

BUT, if BAL loses, and the other three teams win out, MIA gets the 6 because the tiebreaker procedure elimiates the Jets via division, then leaves JAC and MIA (who have played each other).

And that's assuming Denver doesn't lose again, which based on their schedule (@PHI Week 16, X-4 Conference) is possible.

It's still confusing as hell, which is why I prefer to focus on MIA taking care of its own business.

Although I don't like to cheer against my team, I would be happier if we missed the playoffs and worked on fixing our roster (CB and OL) and (Defensive) coaching. This has been the most frustrating year to be a RAVEN Manic.

We have not played like we are going to threaten anyone in the playoffs (we should have beaten too many teams and failed).

I yield our playoff spot to Miami.

Baltimore probably has the best chance of being the six based on schedule and on tiebreakers if JAC loses to Indy.

As long as MIA and the Jets have the same record, the Jets can't make the wild card if there's only one available, because the first tiebreaker is division standings, which the Jets lose to MIA due to H2H.

Both BAL and MIA are X-4 in the conference, but BAL is 2-2 (W: SD, PIT, L: NE, IND) against common opponents while MIA is 1-3 (W: NE, L: NE, IND, SD) with both having a game vs. the Steelers pending. If they end up tied, BAL gets the 6.

BUT, if BAL loses, and the other three teams win out, MIA gets the 6 because the tiebreaker procedure elimiates the Jets via division, then leaves JAC and MIA (who have played each other).

And that's assuming Denver doesn't lose again, which based on their schedule (@PHI Week 16, X-4 Conference) is possible.

It's still confusing as hell, which is why I prefer to focus on MIA taking care of its own business.

Maybe it's just the optimist side of my fanhood talking, but I believe the Jets have a better chance in making the playoffs than alot of people are giving them. I know the Jets don't have a free ride throughout the remainder of the season.. however, as I sit here and look at the teams Miami, Baltimore, & Jacksonville still have to play (ie: New England, Houston, Pittsburgh, etc) guess what, they don't have a free ride either. One week is all it takes. One week where the pressure of the cluster fvck, gets in the way of teams' objective(s). One week where everything breaks right for the Jets... and just like that, they leapfrog 3 spots up in the AFC.

Take this week for example: *Baltimore vs Chicago. What's with all the analysts prognosticating this to be some spanking?? Why, because the Ravens have a whole 2 more victories than the Bears? :huh: This isn't a walkover game by any means. The Bears are playing for .500, they're not a team that's just going to lay down. *Miami @ Tennessee. Do I really need to touch this one? The Titans are white-hot. 1 lose in their last 7 games. All of a sudden it's some given that Miami is going to beat Tennessee IN Tennessee.. because the Jets managed to do it in Week 3? :noclue: *Jacksonville vs Indy. I can totally see the Jags losing this one. After all the hoopla on Jax "having the best playoff chance".. & "their great home record".. & "the Colts have nothing left to play for" :blahblah: There's still 3 games left in the season people. (and this is a divisional game) The Colts aren't mailing in games just yet. That may happen come Week 16. ;)

...those 3 games break the right way for Gang Green (which is absolutely possible) and the Jets take care of their business and beat a wounded Atlanta team at home, guess what folks... from 9th -to- 6th jump. At that point, it wouldn't matter if everybody (Miami, Jacksonville, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Jets, etc) runs the table, by the end of the season, it'd be the JETS who would be in. smiley-gen154.gif

Edited by Beezer34

Maybe it's just the optimist side of my fanhood talking, but I believe the Jets have a better chance in making the playoffs than alot of people are giving them. I know the Jets don't have a free ride throughout the remainder of the season.. however, as I sit here and look at the teams Miami, Baltimore, & Jacksonville still have to play (ie: New England, Houston, Pittsburgh, etc) guess what, they don't have a free ride either. One week is all it takes. One week where the pressure of the cluster fvck, gets in the way of teams' objective(s). One week where everything breaks right for the Jets... and just like that, they leapfrog 3 spots up in the AFC.

Take this week for example: *Baltimore vs Chicago. What's with all the analysts prognosticating this to be some spanking?? Why, because the Ravens have a whole 2 more victories than the Bears? :huh: This isn't a walkover game by any means. The Bears are playing for .500, they're not a team that's just going to lay down. *Miami @ Tennessee. Do I really need to touch this one? The Titans are white-hot. 1 lose in their last 7 games. All of a sudden it's some given that Miami is going to beat Tennessee IN Tennessee.. because the Jets managed to do it in Week 3? :noclue: *Jacksonville vs Indy. I can totally see the Jags losing this one. After all the hoopla on Jax "having the best playoff chance".. & "their great home record".. & "the Colts have nothing left to play for" :blahblah: There's still 3 games left in the season people. (and this is a divisional game) The Colts aren't mailing in games just yet. That may happen come Week 16. ;)

...those 3 games break the right way for Gang Green (which is absolutely possible) and the Jets take care of their business and beat a wounded Atlanta team at home, guess what folks... from 9th -to- 6th jump. At that point, it wouldn't matter if everybody (Miami, Jacksonville, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Jets, etc) runs the table, by the end of the season, it'd be the JETS who would be in. smiley-gen154.gif

This is an absolutely possible scenario, though for Miami I think you're looking at the wrong week.

While Chris Johnson is a beast, so is Maurice Jones-Drew, and if Miami can hold MJD to 53 yards on the ground, and Vince Young does NOT play, I think the Tenn matchup is winnable (although it scares me tremendously; we have no one that can keep up with Johnson in the open field). If Miami's going to slip up, though, it's going to be in the Houston game IMO. A healthy Schaub and Andre Johnson can shred our secondary with the best of 'em. The PIT matchup, it depends on how the rest of PIT's games break. If PIT is playing for anything, they're going to be a handful. But, my philosophy is that if you consider yourself a playoff team, you win these games.

The problem I see with the Jets playoff chances are their opponents AFTER the ATL, especially if CIN wins this week home for SD. If they win that game, they're playing for the #2, which makes them all hands on deck dangerous. And then, depending on how much you believe them, IND is going to play its starters for the rest of the regular season unless they're blowing their opponents out. Playing the #1 and the #2 isn't going to be easy, but like I said above...if the Jets consider themselves a playoff team, then they will win these games (since the 6 has to go to CIN or SD anyway, if the Jets get their doors blown off by Cincy, it especially holds true).

Take this week for example: *Baltimore vs Chicago. What's with all the analysts prognosticating this to be some spanking?? Why, because the Ravens have a whole 2 more victories than the Bears? :huh: This isn't a walkover game by any means. The Bears are playing for .500, they're not a team that's just going to lay down. *

Beezer, the Ravens will walk all over a depleted Chicago team. We get to up our D-stats with INT's this week. Don't be deceived by the Ravens record we have played good enough to be 11-2 (if we had a kicker).

This game doesn't phase me, its the Pittsburgh game that scares me.

Matt Stover rules.

well, to be fair Gradkowski does have two knee injuries so he might even be put on IR...they don't seem to want to go back to Russell (can you blame them) and Charlie Frye is the 3rd stringer there....what seems more surprising is the fact that Indy was interested in him as well for a back up spot...Al Davis must've ponied up some cash or JP thinks he'll have a chance to start in Raiderville....

I'm amazed with Jim Sorgi down (and how's that for the irony and hyprocisy of the Colts... they hide every player on the team and the one guy that does nothing but sniff jocks and hold clipboards ends on up on freaking IR :blink: )... that the Colts didn't take a shot at him... or Jeff Garcia either.....

Good for JP, he deserved a chance with a better franchise... shame he didn't sign with one :P

I'm amazed with Jim Sorgi down (and how's that for the irony and hyprocisy of the Colts... they hide every player on the team and the one guy that does nothing but sniff jocks and hold clipboards ends on up on freaking IR :blink: )... that the Colts didn't take a shot at him... or Jeff Garcia either.....

Good for JP, he deserved a chance with a better franchise... shame he didn't sign with one :P

Crash, that's what I put in a reply....the Colts did go after him...he must've wanted that starting gig, or the bigger paycheck...

MISSION 10.6: JETS PLAYOFF CHASE. (the help Gang Green needs) smiley-gen044.gif

Objective #1 - Thursday, Indy vs. Jacksonville. *Requirement: Colts Victory.

Objective #2 - Sunday, Miami vs. Tennessee. *Requirement: Titans Victory.

Objective #3 - Sunday, Baltimore vs. Chicago. *Requirement: Bears Victory.

.................mission_impossible_logo.gif