N.F.L. Week 14

CRASHER

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!! I've been looking forward to this Sunday allyear... never before in my time living in NJ had my birthday met withthe football Sunday , being my day of birth!! I can't think of a betterplace to turn 37 either (fitting since I was born at 1:06pm.. kickofftime!)... any and all are welcome to come by if ya want and join in theinsanity too... make this fun would ya?? Some good games to enjoy overthe day too and a sweet anti-football DUD in there too.. bring it on!!!!...hell maybe we'll even keep this one to football-related stuff :P

Thursday Dec 9:

Browns at Steelers:

I'm supposed to care about THIS??? Really??? CMON!! I watched this damn thing and as hilarious as it was to see the Steleers FAIL (and annoyed as I was that I didn't gamble on the Browns D for ONE WEEK ONLY)... this was a sh!t game in some nasty cold and no one not named Josh Cribbs did sh!t!!! Kinda fun to see the Steelers on life support, but they do seem to do this after a Super Bowl win.....

Game Quality: DUD (though this could be close to anti-football level)

Sunday Dec 13:

(1pm) Saints at Falcons:

The undefeated juggernaut against the team that wants to go away butthe rest of the NFC won't let them... this is a strange game to get afinger on... will Turner play? Will Matt Ryan play? Are they healthyenough? Can the Saints pull another absurd finish out of their ass likethey seem to keep doing? (this team is reminding me of that 16-0 Patsteam that got worse and worse each week and the 16-0 pressure got tothem... it may build up and the Saints do have a good test or two leftin them... but this ain't the week for it...looks like Ryan and Turnerare gonna try to give it a go while hurt... but I don't see it beingenough....not to mention the Falcon D gets lit up by teams that throwthe ball......

Game Quality: ** (the Saint chase makes all games fun now)

Prediction: Saints

Jets at Tampa Bay:

Wow... it's Kellen Clemmens and Josh Freeman... look out dream match-up :P

Really... unless you're a fantasy owner or a team fan... you ain'twatching this one... sadly again the Jets are too middle of the packfor this to count as anti-football either... and to be fair, the Bucsaren't a lie over and die type of one-win team... and you never knowwhen you get teams and players playing for jobs and contracts next year(Seattle game much??)... I don't think this is a walk in the park forthe Jets... but they should win it... it might scare the life out ofyou... but I'll be damned if I'm watching this on my birthday...

Game Quality: * 1/2

Prediction: Jets

Miami at Jacksonville:

Now this is a HUGE game... both of these teams are in a dogfight forthe Wild Card spot (I think I'm gonna say this for every Miami gamehere on out, just look at their schedule left...) both teams are kindasimilar too... tough D, run first and second type offense... scrappycoaches, and playoff implications!! What else can you ask for in afootball game?? (and yes I take crap from people that I am pro-Miami,but I feel a bond in the hatred of the Jets, and they get myGiants/Cowboys thing... it's what happen when you have friends afterall).. but either way.. this one's gonna be worth watching! But I dothink Jacksonville is too good at home...but they never make it easyeither....

Game Quality: ***

Prediction: Jaguars

Bengals at Vikings:

OH NO THE WORLD IS ENDING... BRETT FAVRE LOOKED LIKE THE ACTUAL BRETTFAVRE LAST WEEK (this just in... you beat the Vikings by throwing deep,shutting down Peterson and let Favre be Favre, simple formula... notalways easy to do though... and double teaming Jared Allen is prettysmart too...)...I love how Chad 85's wearing of a jacket and a sillyhat is worth only $15,000 less then Flozell starting a near-riot in theMeadowlands (I do wonder if it's a bigger penalty to let him playthough mind you then suspending him :P)...anyway...back to this game...can the Bengals stop the run? Yep... can they throw deep? (and how muchcan Ocho get fined for it?) Yep!

They got a shot... and boy I'm all for seeing the Vikings losing two ina row....this should be pretty good, but knowing me this means theVikings blow them out :P

Prediction: Vikings (I ain't rooting for 'em though)

Seattle at Houston:

Weird game... the enigma vs team WTF...neither one of these damn teamscan get out of their own way at this point... and for Seattle it is"future endeavors" time anyway.. the Texans should win this game andeasily... but damn it scares me to pick them to do ANYTHING at thispoint... talk about a team that NEEDS a change in the leadership andcoaching area... they make the Cowboys look gritty and determined!!!But if I am gonna use the Dallas analogy... if the Cowboys can beat upon Seattle... the Texicans can :P

Game Quality: ** (Seattle has some players though)

Prediction: Houston

Buffalo at Kansas City:

OH SWEET ANTI-FOOTBALL THANK YOU FOR THIS BIRTHDAY GIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!This is about as good as it gets when it comes to bad football...and amassive battle for the higher draft picks is ON!! I'm really excitedabout this and there are some players to see in this game too.. JamaalCharles has done well since Larry Johnson got the RKO Boot to theBengals... and Buffalo has Fred Jackson... the big mouth with the TOeproblems and Ryan Fitzpatrick can make the game interesting too... thiswill be a fun game all anti-football love aside!!! But you know theBills... they always fool you when the pressure is off... and I getthat feeling they'll screw up the prime draft pick ANYWAY....

Game Quality: ****, this is FUN, which is the damn point of sports!

Prediction: Bills

Packers at Bears:

One team has a first round QB, chosen as the golden child and savior ofthe franchise... the other team has Jay Cutler who hasn't seen aninterception he didn't like! The Packers are playing GREAT football(and under the radar too)... the defense is back, they run the ball alittle and Aaron Rodgers still has all his weapons... and it looks liketime is up for Lovie and the Bears staff... the QB is a square peg in around hole and things are gonna change there too...one team up... oneteam down... go with the "up" team here :P

Game Qaulity: ** 1/2

Prediction: Packers

Detroit at Ravens:

Hey look a defense that Ray Rice can run on!! (should remind him ofthose EPIC RU vs Brown University days)... an offense even thefake-Ravens D can stop (more so with Matt Stafford on the shelf now)...and the classic "bounce back" game which will keep the Ravens in theplayoff mix until that HUGE showdown with the Steelers....classic"must" win vs.. "we're looking at next year" opponent...this won't be aclose competition...

Game Quality: DUD

Prediction: Ravens

Carolina at New England:

The Panthers won ugly last week and that's generous...sadly being inthe Buffalo and PA area like I was I didn't get to see much about thisgame (and these damn Thursday Night games just cut into everything onya)... the Pats are in trouble too... hell their players can't evendrive on time to practice now... what's a lil snow? CMON! But the Patscan still get it right on offense and somehow I don't think that Bradyguy is gonna throw 5 int's like Freeman did! And when your opponentsgive six gifts and you get 17 points? Yeah.. not so good... I thinkwe're gonna get an angry pats team at home and this could be apasting....

Game Quality: * (to think this is an old Super Bowl rematch)

Prediction: Pats

Denver at Colts:

This is a big game... the Colts are chasing history that they don'tcare about (it's funny how I get annoyed at the Devils for letting mb30play too much, but the Colts go the other way and shut it down TOO soonand lose all the momentum and just come up limp year after year in theplayoffs, the one time they DID win, they had the Jaguars up their assmost of the way and HAD to keep playing hard).... and you have theBroncos who are still fighting and going like hell to make the playoffs(it would be awesome to see Kyle Orton in the playoffs and Jay Cutlergolfing I gotta say)... this is gonna be a good game... the Colts dotend to find a way to win these games... though I'm rooting hard forthe Denver D.. just cause I gotta play team Indy in fantasy footballthis weekend... CMON PEYTON.. it's playoff time :)

Prediction: Colts

Washington at Oakland:

The red hot Raiders... really, and boy the Redskins do re-define"stealing defeat from the jaws of victory" (and yeah... fire the kickercause the holder screwed up... nice :P), as messed up as the Raidersare... they do have some running, a lil magic with Gradkowski... andthat's more then the Deadskins got... it's scary when you can favor theRaiders HEAVY... but tonight is that night.....

Game Quality: ** (much anti-football-ness)

Prediction: Raiders

St.Louis at Titans:

The Titans have won more on this comeback road, then the Rams have inthe last 4 years... the Titans are gonna run the ball gonzo on them...pass some with Vince Young... the Rams have nothing and even less toplay for in this one... it's gonna be ugly and one sided... the Titansfight to survive keeps going here! Nothing real good to see here....

Game Quality: DUD

Prediction: Titans

San Diego at Dallas:

Well... well ... well.. what an absurd "gift" on my birthday by thegoddamned NFL... my team plays the team I like second best in a monthmy team NEVER wins in... and a month they NEVER LOSE IN... this hasugly written all over it... my plan for this one is to be s retardeddrunk by 415 that I won't care about this game... other Cowboy fansshould do the same... with all this aside and me expecting armageddonin this one... watch the Cowboys shock EVERYONE and win this fvcker....I ain't betting on it....

Game Quality: ****

Prediction: it's December right? Chargers

8pm:

Eagles at Giants

This is gonna be a nice lil dogfight between two teams for one playoffspot... the Giants win this and it's a smooth ride to the NFC Eastlead... and does beating the Cowboys in December REALLY mean you'reback on track?? Probably not... Yes the Eagles lay eggs in somegames... usually against the AFC, but they ALWAYS come to play in theNFC East games (more then a team in Dallas can say), the weather couldbe bad... and I just have that feeling the Eagles are more there thenthe Giants are now... but this is a definite under and pick theunderdog game :P

Game Quality: ****

Prediction: Eagles

Monday Dec 14:

Arizona at 49ers

The Cardinals played as good a game as they possibly could last week inbeating up on the Vikings....meanwhile the 49ers had an inexcusableloss to Seattle last week, which damn near kisses that lil wild carddelusion bye-bye... it was weird... this time last year... Arizonaclinched the NFC West and couldn't get out of their own way till theplayoffs hit...and we know how that turned out... I get the feeling theCardinals want to hit the post season doing better then that... andwith a tie-breaker on the Vikings... a bye week is not totally deadyet, add to that clinching the NFC West... the Cards got a LOT to playfor here.... and the 49ers.. nice team... scrappy... but they need someoffense BADLY... this might have some fight in it... but not so good agame still...

Game Quality: **

Prediction: Arizona

NFL Power Rankings, Week 13:

AFC:

1. Colts... same old here... didn't see enough to comment

2. Cincinnati....didn't overwhelm the Lions... wish I hadn't seen THIS

3. San Diego... no one dominates December more then they do...

4. Denver... the ship is righted again....

5. Jacksonville... another team trying to keep it right....

NFC:

1. Saints... thank you Shaun Suisham, with love New Orleans... and hate from the 72 Dolphins....

2. Arizona...defense, toughness.. explosive and a little running... and hell they beat....

3. Vikings... blip in the road or fatal flaws exposed?? Time will tell....

4. Packers... playing football as good as anyone now....

5. Eagles... winning again and a chance to re-claim the NFC East despite some awful losses and injuries to key players

Clemens looked terrible early, happy feet and sailing a lot of throws to wide open receivers. At least the protection was good and he never forced any throws. Jets finally established the run and put away the hapless Bucs who couldn't do anything offensively. The Jets are the best cover team in football now.

Greene has to protect the football.

Pretty good results all around. Fish won...that's the last time we need them to win this year :puke: . Knocked the Jags down to 7-6. Denver lost. Cincy lost.

Also the Falcons tough loss finishes their season. We'll hopefully see a demoralized Atlanta team coming into the meadowlands next week.

Edited by '7'

Clemens looked terrible early, happy feet and sailing a lot of throws to wide open receivers. At least the protection was good and he never forced any throws. Jets finally established the run and put away the hapless Bucs who couldn't do anything offensively. The Jets are the best cover team in football now.

Greene has to protect the football.

Pretty good results all around. Fish won...that's the last time we need them to win this year :puke: . Knocked the Jags down to 7-6. Denver lost. Cincy lost.

Also the Falcons tough loss finishes their season. We'll hopefully see a demoralized Atlanta team coming into the meadowlands next week.

Agree all around.

*AFC PLAYOFFS RACE:

-------------------------

Divisional Leaders.

11_small.png 13-0

24_small.png.9-3

4_small.png.9-4

17_small.png.8-5

Wildcard.

7_small.png 8-5

30_small.png 7-6

In the Hunt. (all @ 7-6)

20_small.png:pray:

15_small.png 7-6

33_small.png 7-6

:rock::beerbang::rock::beerbang:

BELIEVE!!!

Edited by Beezer34

Don't steal my nickname! (I do request, however, that you start referring to Wade as "Wade Failups", I'd appreciate it).

Overthrowmo is too good not to steal, it is a Grade A nickname that just can't be contained to one poster. And Wade Failups? You got it.

The pessimist optimist in me says that the Cowboys are the worst team in football

Fixed that for ya, buddy...though I shouldn't be talking at the moment, all things considered.

But there are so many to chookse from: Romo Arigato, Mr Choke Arto, Tony ++++, Tony Turnover, Tony the Tiger "My interceptions are more than good, they're grrrrreat", Yoko Romo, OhNoRomo, Tony NoMo, Tony Blowmo, Tony "Laces Out" Romo, Peppermint Patty, Big Blue's Bobbly Boy... so, y'know.

But there's something about Overthrowmo that's just so...perfect. The others are applicable as well, but Overthrowmo just rolls off the tounge.

*AFC PLAYOFFS RACE:

Divisional Leaders.

11_small.png 13-0

24_small.png 10-3

4_small.png.9-4

17_small.png.8-5

Wildcard.

7_small.png 8-5

30_small.png 7-6

In the Hunt. (all @ 7-6)

33_small.png 7-6

15_small.png 7-6

20_small.png:pray:

The Fins just beat the Jags. Duh?

Wrong. Under NFL tiebreaker procedures.. Jacksonville remains the 6th seed, until the end of the season. THEN the head-to-head logistics come into play.

As per nfl.com: http://www.nfl.com/standings

"Even with the disappointing result, the Jaguars remain in control of the final AFC wildcard playoff spot, by virtue of their 6-3 conference record. The other AFC teams with a 7-6 mark; Baltimore, Jets, and Miami, will be Indianapolis fans Thursday night, when the Colts visit Jacksonville." -NFL Network.

Therefore, the Standings-Chart is correct.

Edited by Beezer34

Finally Patriots win again.

It was about as fugly a win as you can get, but with two teams breathing down their necks, every win is a pretty one for the Pats. It's a longshot at best, but they even have a chance to move up to the #3, though the Bengals are going to have to tank for that to happen.

Lest any of us forgot, Randy Moss showed us all why he is still a childish punk at heart. I know it's not possible, but I would love to see him benched for the rest of the season. Because he was sent home for being late to a team meeting earlier in the week, poor Baby Randy decided that he wasn't going to compete this week...he didn't even try, and it was obvious to everyone watching. What were you trying to do, you fvcking crybaby, "punish" BB and the team that rescued you from football purgatory and made you relevant again? Scary to think what kind of player Moss could have been if he had Wes Welker's heart...what a complete dick.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

It was about as fugly a win as you can get, but with two teams breathing down their necks, every win is a pretty one for the Pats. It's a longshot at best, but they even have a chance to move up to the #3, though the Bengals are going to have to tank for that to happen.

Lest any of us forgot, Randy Moss showed us all why he is still a childish punk at heart. I know it's not possible, but I would love to see him benched for the rest of the season. Because he was sent home for being late to a team meeting earlier in the week, poor Baby Randy decided that he wasn't going to compete this week...he didn't even try, and it was obvious to everyone watching. What were you trying to do, you fvcking crybaby, "punish" BB and the team that rescued you from football purgatory and made you relevant again? Scary to think what kind of player Moss could have been if he had Wes Welker's heart...what a complete dick.

CR: what happened, all I saw was a headline that CAROLINA Players called out Moss for not competing???

CR: what happened, all I saw was a headline that CAROLINA Players called out Moss for not competing???

All you need to do is watch the NFL Gameday highlights... telling stuff.....

For those in the cable dark ages B )

http://www.nfl.com/g...riots#tab:watch

*edit* (crap they cut out the discussion and the parts of Moss not trying for out's and so on)

Edited by CRASHER

All you need to do is watch the NFL Gameday highlights... telling stuff.....

For those in the cable dark ages B )

http://www.nfl.com/g...riots#tab:watch

*edit* (crap they cut out the discussion and the parts of Moss not trying for out's and so on)

I am actually quite happy with my cable-- at least I still get to watch games without having to worry about strong gusts of wind.