Devils 2009 Holiday STH Gift

Microwavepizza

Anyone else not receive theirs!? :( My last post was a joke but I am a little worried

My buddy who site behind me didn't get his today and he lives in the next town over from me. If you don't get it tomorrow, just call them Wednesday and confirm the shipping.

You will get it and it will make your Xmas opening it :)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got it today!! I signed up for season tickets after the Holidays last year, so this is my first gift from the Devils..

I think the fact that they send anything more than a card is generous so I'll be just as happy with whatever comes next year and the years after that

:yea:

Got it today!! I signed up for season tickets after the Holidays last year, so this is my first gift from the Devils..

I think the fact that they send anything more than a card is generous so I'll be just as happy with whatever comes next year and the years after that

Glad you got it!

See Colin, I told you that you would most likely get it today in the mail. :) It is a nice gift...

"I" didn't renew my season tickets again this year because my dad lost his job; we can barely live in this house any more let alone renew season tickets.

And I'm not upset at the quality of this years gifts as much as I'm upset at the quality of the gifts in years previous. If they can turn something like this out, awesome. But why have you been half-assing it all the other years?

Perhaps because Marty just broke the wins record LAST MARCH?

Okay, when I finally saw mine, I saw that the frame is really a crappy frame, and they attached the hanging hardware upside down. They were really just exploiting the fact that they had these pieces of net and put as little as they could around it. I'm not saying it's a bad gift, in fact I think it's awesome, I'm just saying there's no need to be jealous about the jump in quality or whatever. I thought that the gifts the last few years have been very cool themselves, and I really don't think there was any kind of "jump" in quality, just a jump in availability of this type of gift.

That said, this is a very special gift to have.

Uy vey. THE QUALITY of the products in years past have been FAR worse than the QUALITY of the gift they gave out THIS YEAR. I'm NOT upset as much that THE CURRENT sth's get awesome gifts, but as someone who has RECENTLY had to stop renewing tickets because of the economy, it sucks that the gifts WE recieved in YEARS PAST are so crappy compared to this... if they can send a gift this awesome, why haven't they in years past?

I could be wrong, but hasn't the general consensus among STH been that the gifts have been getting better in recent years? I seem to remember the feedback turning more positive either around the time Vanderbeek took over or around when they moved to The Rock. Could be wrong, though.

Either way, we all know the Devils are notorious for not doing a whole hell of a lot to make buying season tickets worthwhile. But you can't hate on them for making progress. Otherwise they'd be stuck in a vacuous trend of suck with no sign of improvement. Especially when they have an opportunity to share a (in Bettman's terms) "once in a lifetime, maybe once in two lifetimes" achievement with their fans, you've gotta be glad to see that the Devs are jumping on it and doing it with class. Combine it with the Devils BBQ/picnic/whatever it was, and it looks like the organization is finally making some strides in the right direction.

Your circumstances suck, dude. No doubt about it. But there are more important things in life than being a STH when the team gives their sickest holiday gift to date. I hope all is going well for your father and your family. It's rough out there. But look at the bright side ... IF you ever do end up getting your season tickets back, and if the Devils continue this trend of improvement, you'll probably end up getting something so ridiculously awesome that it'll blow away this snippet of twine (hopefully something celebrating another Stanley Cup :pray: ).

Yeah I mean, for me at least, the BBQ/gifts/other perks are just extra stuff.. I feel like what I pay for season tickets is worth the value of the good team and being able to go to every home game with hopes of being there for all the playoff games.. I'm super appreciative of what they give me and never expect/demand more.. This gift is incredible but if all I got was a card from the team I'd be happy with that..

I beg to differ about the quality of it.. The matting is great and the frame is decent.. I just recently had a bunch of Devils pictures framed and to be honest even a simple framing and matting job is EXPENSIVE, so when I way costs with quality I'd say they went over and above.. Think of it this way, they could have just send the piece of net in a little container for you to frame/display yourself