Devils show no guts -again

Derek21

During the second period with the Devils leading the Flyers 2-0 and seemingly in control Joe Beninati (announcing the game on VERSUS with ex-Flyer Keith Jones) stated how the Devils become like a boa constrictor with a lead and generally praised our defensive work as well as Jacques Lemaire's coaching. Joe, have you watched this team over the last month? In particular the last week where the Devils had blown two two-goal leads?!

Well, make it three now as the Devils piled up yet another embarrassing, ignominious defeat losing 3-2 to the Flyers in Philadelphia in yet another game that shows how this team has had no guts for three straight years now. It wasn't even just blowing the lead which entailed giving up two goals in the final two minutes of the second period and a third-period power play goal where our slow skaters were once again stuck on the ice while the speedy Flyers danced around them all night. It's really become tiresome to bag on the Devils' defense, which clearly isn't any good. And tonight Martin Brodeur couldn't be blamed on any of the goals at all.

http://battleofny.blogspot.com/2010/02/devils-show-no-guts-again.html

Actually maybe I'm wrong...I could have sworn I saw something of yours there the other day but I went back two pages and there's nothing there. Unless it's in the Twitter feed?

EDIT: Nevermind, I must have confused you responding to something there with one of your articles getting posted.

Edited by Hasan4978

Actually maybe I'm wrong...I could have sworn I saw something of yours there the other day but I went back two pages and there's nothing there. Unless it's in the Twitter feed?

EDIT: Nevermind, I must have confused you responding to something there with one of your articles getting posted.

Hit the nail on the head Has, nice write up. Kudos :)

Right before the 2 - 0 goal Rolston was going for the puck in the corner, seen Pronger slowed up and let Pronger get control. Pronger then moves it down the Devils end where Philly scored. That's where it all went down hill.

yep, total zero character play. I'm guessing they don't do film review w/ players at the same level an NFL team would, but I hope they get to that one, in front of everyone else, and maybe he can explain himself.

Sutter was definately right on this one. Too bad he's not here to keep nagging him, maybe he can send some text messages or call him at 3AM to remind him how much of a pansy he is and how much he sucks...

lol, I like that picture so much I'll use it here too

Edited by maxpower

Nice article Has --

Character counts but when you have a chance to score and continually miss the back of the net no amount of mettle will change a thing. This team is infamous for loading up on players who are scorers and people who are suppose to step up but they rarely do for the Devs organization, rolston is the poster child for this syndrome.

Edited by El Diablo