Albelin Will Not Be Offered A New Contract

Swede

Zam,

Berglund isn't so big or burly, but does he qualify? :lol: Hmm, isn't there some Norwegian dude that was drafted by an NHL team that has the last name Vikingstad?

Shame there's almost no Norwegian hockey guys to make the pros here. Anders Myrvold but he kinda sucked so not sure he counts.

:blink:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about Italians? Any good Italian hockey players? :P

You have tiny meatballs but we have big sausages. :D

:lol: your false modesty is rivaled only by my own!! :P

so Ricci's got a big sausage huh? I still think I'll pass. I think Slovak sausages are competitive with the kielbasa.. or so I hear :o YIKES :blink: Big sausages are scary!

Hmm, isn't there some Norwegian dude that was drafted by an NHL team that has the last name Vikingstad?

Shame there's almost no Norwegian hockey guys to make the pros here. Anders Myrvold but he kinda sucked so not sure he counts.

Well you might be reffering to a Vikingstad that plays (played i dunno) in the Swedish Elite leuage. Think his name is Tore

Doesn't Espen "Shampoo" Knutssen (spelling) count?

What about Italians? Any good Italian hockey players? :P

You have tiny meatballs but we have big sausages.   :D

Mr. Sopresotto...women would rather be tickled than stabbed to death any day of the week :uni:

:o

I was talking about food...I don't know what you guys are all talking about. :wacko:

back to the semi-topic: Are there any notable Italian hockey players besides Ricci?

I believe Roberto Luongo is Italian as well. Not sure if both parents are Italian though.

Also, Ted Donato.

[

Well you might be reffering to a Vikingstad that plays (played i dunno) in the Swedish Elite leuage. Think his name is Tore

Doesn't Espen "Shampoo" Knutssen (spelling) count?

Swede,

YES, I think that's the Vikingstad I meant. Is he from Norge or Sverige? I recall reading about him in some Norwegian paper, so I think that's why I assumed he was from there. :blink:

How could I forget SHAMPOO!?? My memory is pretty sad lately :( . Especially because Knutsen is about the only player my pal Elisabeth in Norway knows, being a national celebrity and all. LOL

But who is really from Italy? I mean not of Italian heritage... anyone?

I guess that's what I mean too. I know alot of players have Italian surnames, but are any of them from Italy? The only famous athlete that grew up in Italy that I know of is Kobe Bryant and he sure doesn't look Italian. :P

According to the HHOF site, only 2 players born in Italy have ever played in the NHL:

Nelson Debenedet - short career with Wings & Pens in '70s

Victor Posa - 2 games with Blackhawks in '85/86 season.

So that's basically a "No". :D