Official "Around The NHL" 2010 SCF PLAYOFF Thread.

SatansDevils

this is why I did not want to face the Bruins. just a good team defensively and Rask is playing great, they are sweeping the Flyers which is the team that beat us so they wouldve destroyed us. Boston plays great Defense, good forecheck and Rask is having a great year. said it all along.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I said is we played well vs. them. So are you saying that we didn't play well because we won 3 of the games by one goal? That's a dumb thing to say considering what the Devils are about. We only allowed them 5 goals in 4 games. We outplayed Boston the whole season, the only time we lost it took them until overtime to beat us. In other words we got 7 out of 8 possible points vs. them. I never said we dominated them just that we outplayed them. It's so annoying how people who are frustrated with this team just make up things so there can be no bright side to the season.

Did you watch the two games in March? We played like absolute garbage both times we faced them fairly close to the playoffs and should have lost both games at home except for the fact Thomas was a sieve in the first period of the first game. Rask shut us out the last five periods we played them and Marty was the only reason we didn't get killed in that 1-0 game. Who cares about what we did in December, that was a different team.

My main point is that people acting like we dominated them was pretty misleading based on winning three of four tight games, all of them against a guy riding the pine now. If Boston won three of four against us with Yann Danis playing all the games we lost I'd think that was a bit misleading too.

Edited by NJDevs26

Did you watch the two games in March? We played like absolute garbage both times we faced them fairly close to the playoffs and should have lost both games at home except for the fact Thomas was a sieve in the first period of the first game. Rask shut us out the last five periods we played them and Marty was the only reason we didn't get killed in that 1-0 game. Who cares about what we did in December, that was a different team.

My main point is that people acting like we dominated them was pretty misleading based on winning three of four tight games, all of them against a guy riding the pine now. If Boston won three of four against us with Yann Danis playing all the games we lost I'd think that was a bit misleading too.

Who's acting like we dominated them?

Who's acting like we dominated them?

If I had a dime for every post here and on other boards that said we should have tanked the last game against the Sabres to play the Bruins in the playoffs because we would have beat them no problem I could pay off whatever contract Kovalchuk winds up signing this offseason.

If I had a dime for every post here and on other boards that said we should have tanked the last game against the Sabres to play the Bruins in the playoffs because we would have beat them no problem I could pay off whatever contract Kovalchuk winds up signing this offseason.

That's true, we would have lost to the Bruins in the playoffs just as we lost to the Flyers and the people who say we should have intentionally lost are annoying. The point of my original post that you responded (the one with A. and B.) was that some people use the excuse that because the Flyers killed us in the regular season we don't match up well against them and that's why we lost. The Flyers losing badly in the second round to a team that we matched up well with in the reg. season shows that our loss had nothing to do with how we matched up but rather poor coaching and low effort. We are on the same page.

Edited by ben00rs

Well when you win only two of eleven games against a team that's a pretty good indicator you don't match up well against them. I don't dispute coaching and effort left something to be desired, as well as execution but sometimes one team just has another's number too, like the Rangers against us two years ago. I mean they were a worse team than us (by far) if you take out the head-to-heads but they still beat us like a drum.

Edited by NJDevs26

Classless move by Buff-lin. Spelled phonetically on purpose.

+1

On one hand I have to say I didn't see this coming. The Canucks' finesse players are being dominated by the physical presence of guys like Byfuglien.

On the other there is now officially nothing to like about this Chicago team. Byfuglien's move doesn't belong in hockey and he is classless, Kane is completely unlikeable, they have a bunch of goons who are just hateable, and their goaltender is not very good

Classless move by Buff-lin. Spelled phonetically on purpose.

I don't know about classless, there was probably some bad blood behind it given the teams' playoff series last year.

What it was...was dumb as can be as far as the timing, watch the Nucks win this game and cite that as a rallying point. You don't pull that crap unless a game or series is over and you've already been wronged, so to speak.

what happened with byfuglien? i was at work, haven't been able to catch any of the game.

On his second goal he raised his arms and skated with his arms held up along the boards facing the fans, basically shoving in their faces that he scored.

ah okay. i was expecting something like a dirty hit lol. well that's still pretty lame though.

It was really classless he had this face on him like "I am God bow to me". The announcers and Versus guys loved it though.

Edited by ben00rs

yeah i mean, i haven't seen it so i can't exactly make a complete judgment of it but if it's like you say -- that really sucks. it's one thing to taunt the other team, but to taunt its fans is pretty crappy. i mean, i know there's bad blood between the teams but jeez...i dunno. i'll have to watch it to really have an opinion on it i guess.

+1

On one hand I have to say I didn't see this coming. The Canucks' finesse players are being dominated by the physical presence of guys like Byfuglien.

On the other there is now officially nothing to like about this Chicago team. Byfuglien's move doesn't belong in hockey and he is classless, Kane is completely unlikeable, they have a bunch of goons who are just hateable, and their goaltender is not very good

Canucks fans are by and large insufferable douchebags and can't be taunted enough. This isn't the boy scouts.

Canucks fans are by and large insufferable douchebags and can't be taunted enough. This isn't the boy scouts.

Canucks fans may be irratating and even bad but that doesn't change the fact that it was a classless move. As a professional athlete Byfugliien needs to ignore the fans and do his job. What does your line, "This isn't the boy scouts" mean? Does it mean the players should be allowed to react and retaliate to fans even if it means being classless and demeaning the game? We all get emotional and get the urge to do something stupid at the point of heightened emotions. It was classless that he couldn't control himself and had to do that

Canucks fans may be irratating and even bad but that doesn't change the fact that it was a classless move. As a professional athlete Byfugliien needs to ignore the fans and do his job. What does your line, "This isn't the boy scouts" mean? Does it mean the players should be allowed to react and retaliate to fans even if it means being classless and demeaning the game? We all get emotional and get the urge to do something stupid at the point of heightened emotions. It was classless that he couldn't control himself and had to do that

lol, god forbid a hockey player does something that doesn't make them look like a robotic clone.

speaking of class, did anyone see when Byfuglien was being held back by the refs after the final whistle... a bright yellow object get lobbed at him? I hope that was a hot dog in wrapper, because I doubt the Canucks have yellow playoff towels

lol, god forbid a hockey player does something that doesn't make them look like a robotic clone.

There's a way to be original without being petty. A regular person would do what Byfuglien did (as in a high school hockey player). Professional athletes do not sink to that level, but instead as a group, have above average amounts of restraint. Byfuglien looked like a "robotic clone" of any regular person and not a professional athlete. If you want to pretend that what he did is good because he wasn't boring and respectful like all those other players than I would have to think you don't respect the game very much. And I know that's not true.

There's a way to be original without being petty. A regular person would do what Byfuglien did (as in a high school hockey player). Professional athletes do not sink to that level, but instead as a group, have above average amounts of restraint. Byfuglien looked like a "robotic clone" of any regular person and not a professional athlete. If you want to pretend that what he did is good because he wasn't boring and respectful like all those other players than I would have to think you don't respect the game very much. And I know that's not true.

I notice you ignored the other part, and might not have thought of the fact that he might be getting sh!t from the crowd? someone threw something at the guy after the game, and from first look, it was pretty fvcking yellow. and it wouldn't be the first time.

and still, I don't care. again, god forbid someone show an ounce of life.

I notice you ignored the other part, and might not have thought of the fact that he might be getting sh!t from the crowd? someone threw something at the guy after the game, and from first look, it was pretty fvcking yellow. and it wouldn't be the first time.

and still, I don't care. again, god forbid someone show an ounce of life.

I notice you ignored my whole post and didn't realize that I said he needs to ignore it. As for the "ounce of life" comment, again, you should reread my post.

Edited by ben00rs

I notice you ignored my whole post and didn't realize that I said he needs to ignore it. As for the "ounce of life" comment, again, you should reread my post.

I just saw what he did, and it's absolutely nothing. I ignored your comment because it's ridiculous and two, you're ignoring the half pound yellow object in the room. like I said, it could have just been a hotdog in a wrapper, but do people really keep them lying around for weapons?

I just saw what he did, and it's absolutely nothing. I ignored your comment because it's ridiculous and two, you're ignoring the half pound yellow object in the room. like I said, it could have just been a hotdog in a wrapper, but do people really keep them lying around for weapons?

It's ridiculous? That's your retort? Contragulations on conceding the argument to me. I can now go to sleep. Also what came first the Byfuglien taunt or the flying yellow object?

Edited by ben00rs