hockey club at RU

DH26

Hey guys I know some of you on the board are Rutgers new brunswick students and I was wondering if any of you would be interested in helping me start some kind of hockey club at rutgers to get officially sanctioned by student life and all that jazz. I haven't met hardly any hockey fans here and I just wanted to try to set something up for others to meet or whatever. I haven't really thought too in depth about the idea but if anyone's interested, just PM me or whatever

I'm a Rutgers Student, but I am graduating after the Fall 2010 semester, but I'd be interested in it.

I'd try to get it registered this semester and then make it an official org next semester, so that'd be fine. I'm probably going to go to the HF boards tomorrow and see what kind of interest I can get

Do a bit of research. I think RU has a *roller* hockey team. I've seen them waltz in to the rink with their track jackets and equipment bags decked out in red RU all over.

Ice hockey, on the other hand, is extremely difficult to spearhead by yourself. I was involved in reviving an ice hockey team at a New Jersey university and it was not easy and it wouldn't have been done had there not been a very dedicated group of 10-or-so guys.

yeah i'm pretty sure RU has a club ice hockey team. Though i think the OP is talking about starting some sort of club where guys just get drunk and watch hockey, rather than get drunk and play hockey.

When I went to UVM a club hockey team was started when I was a sophomore (in 2000) and we went from about 12 guys playing 10 or so non-sanctioned games to now being a member of the NECHA and ACHA.

Edited by funetiklee

Yes - they do have a team -- they were just on the road and doing well even - they were talking about it on the radio as if it was varsity. They're associated with a league even if it's just a club league and were in PA - I heard this not more than a month ago.

let me do some surfing... I'll report back my findings. They had flyers at Werblin too so I'm certain there is a team. I KNOW there is a womens team.

Are you talking about Millburn?

Not last night

Milburn is under construction now

I went with Rob and some others down to Rutgers to play last night

they turned ALL the lights on but for the hockey, that awful school found a new way to get a step LOWER in my eyes

(and the fvckers put half the lights on when we LEFT....the children I will never have will not be allowed to go to that crap university ever!!)

Not last night

Milburn is under construction now

I went with Rob and some others down to Rutgers to play last night

they turned ALL the lights on but for the hockey, that awful school found a new way to get a step LOWER in my eyes

(and the fvckers put half the lights on when we LEFT....the children I will never have will not be allowed to go to that crap university ever!!)

you mean the outdoor one at cook right?

Yes - they do have a team -- they were just on the road and doing well even - they were talking about it on the radio as if it was varsity. They're associated with a league even if it's just a club league and were in PA - I heard this not more than a month ago.

let me do some surfing... I'll report back my findings. They had flyers at Werblin too so I'm certain there is a team. I KNOW there is a womens team.

Yea we have a roller hockey team, a men's ice hockey team, and a women's ice hockey team. All three are club, the roller hockey team has an A and a B team in the NCRHA and a C team that plays in the Inman house league. The men's ice hockey team has a D1 and D2 team in the ACHA, and I'm not too sure what league the women's team is in.

you mean the outdoor one at cook right?

Yea that's where we were. They said the lights aren't coming on until after spring break.

We used to always play roller but on Livingston - we're science grad school. Rarely we got over to Cook - niice rink there. I'm too old now... too lazy, "I have responsibilities" :giggle:

Oh man I was livid four years ago when I moved into my Quad 3 dorm at the beginning of my sophomore year and noticed that they converted the Livingston hockey rink to yet another basketball court. It was so convenient having that right there across the street and I barely ever took advantage of it the one year it was available to me.

I used to live in Quad 4. Played on the livingston "rink" also. Was totally bummed to see they changed that

early 2000s? Ever play with grad students? There was one really good kid who'd play with us. He was so good he never even cared how much I stunk. No one I play with ever wastes time with hockey fandom -- they're too busy playing and stuff.

Edited by Pepperkorn

Yes -- I was thinking yesterday I should have added that -- they effed Livingston over. Why not just leave the court markings? What's the harm? whatever <_<

Yea getting rid of the rink was the first in a series of bad decisions involving Livingston. Last year they didn't let anyone sign back to their Livingston dorms unless they got the entire floor to sign back (yea right) because they wanted to basically turn it into an almost all freshmen campus. When some of us complained to the housing person who made that decision, her response was, "Let's face it, nobody wants to live there anyway." I loved living there, I thought it was a really nice campus until they ruined it. It was much better before they merged all the colleges into SAS, Livingston College was its own nice little community, it was cool being different.

They also spent almost all of last year doing construction across the campus so at the end of it all we would have that pointless water fountain outside Tillett and a little concrete circle instead of intersecting sidewalks between the quads. How worth it. :rolleyes: I think the student center is finally done but I haven't been there since.

I used to live in Quad 4. Played on the livingston "rink" also. Was totally bummed to see they changed that

There used to be a Quad 4?